Big Live LIVE Show: Live! 2015 (Wed April 29th!) Discussion

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

I completely approve of the new pretty Josh Holloway Brad Shoemaker.

Meorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#202  Edited By Meorrow
Morka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Please be gentle to me if this question has been answered before: (i'm just too tired to read through the whole thread) ((like, please be really gentle, I'm really sorry if I've skipped over the answer anywhere))

Will the show be archived? I really want to watch it, but I've just gotten home from work now, and its well over midnight and i need my sleep :( *hides in a corner*

mtfikhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@morkaYes it will be

Request: Brad photoshopped as the Russian from Prison Break. Same guy did a bunch of ads for Call of Duty.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm loving the new Brad hair.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

That was super good, and I'm impressed with how smoothly the whole thing flowed.

Great job all around.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a great show and nice job to all the people who made it happen.

dollster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just missed it is there a way to watch it now?

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#209  Edited By winsord

@dollster85 said:

If you're fine with watching on Twitch, you can use the GiantBomb profile's Past Broadcasts. Otherwise you'll have to wait for the site's archive. It's the videos from today, they're just incorrectly titled as The Old Games Show.

BetaBand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shout-out to the mods who I'm sure worked tirelessly through certain parts of the show.

Slang_N_Bang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's crazy just how many chat people took Brandon Sheffield's riff raff costume completely serious. People were actively enraged about his silly outfit.

Nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

What was everyone's favorite moment?

Only got to watch a few hours but the Ryckert/Drake Punch Out was hilarious, very funny and creative. Can't wait for the upload to watch the whole thing.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Today has been just a treat, Giant Bomb is on the up and up and up, hope it made lots of money today!

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By mellotronrules
applegong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I give the show and Brad's hair two thumbs up. Thanks Giant Bomb and the guests for a great show

johnnymcginley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A+++ from start to finish. Nacho cheese to salty devs. Good job guys.

dprotp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This show was nuts. Glad I procrastinated for this!

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winsord: It's a shame past broadcasts don't work on iOS

BioStormX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was at work for the entire event. Ugh.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I introduced my girlfriend to giantbomb today and mentioned the oreo's and nacho cheese combo. I toyed with the idea of trying it out myself last week, but now that she heard of it she totally wants to do it and now I'm conflicted that if I love her or hate her.

firewater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Posted this in the other thread, but huge props to the gb crew for throwing a killer party!

deathfromace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By deathfromace

@pfhor said:

In round 2 of Avalon during the Big Live Live show Brad, Rorie, and Drew were all chosen to go on the quest. There was no reason for the quest to fail, since all three of these people were "good", however some imbecile decided to vote fail, which caused them and their teammates to lose the game. So the question is, who the hell voted fail when they were good, and why would you sabotage your own chance at winning the game? I thought if you were good you weren't allowed to vote to fail. so this really makes no sense at all to me.

Hmm I didn't notice this when watching but I will have to rewatch this and if this is true we do need some answers.

Edit: Oh wait I remember this because Drew and Brad kept bringing it up as a reason as to why one was evil...what the hell happened !

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brads hair is glorious. the bloodborne speed run was cool. watched mostly the talk show, will watch the other stream when it goes up. amazing work guys great stuff.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@oscar__explosion: Relationships are complicated. The real question is, can you kiss someone who ate that? Can you kiss anyone ever again knowing you ate that?

Bongler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you Giant bomb for another great show! So, is Big Live Live gonna be and annual thing again?

DookieRope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man, norm and will have 2 searzalls? I want a searzall!

rkofan87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By rkofan87

this is the last time ask this but was the start date for mg4 announced?

redsoundwaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was the first Big Live Live Show I have watched and I am so glad I watched through most of it (skipped the Bloodborne speedrun) I just wish there was a way I could have been paying full attention to the lang zone and the free stream at the same time!

ThatAintFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooooh, I can't wait for the archive! That Nacho Cheese challenge video is just gnarly..

CWGadget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pfhor said:

In round 2 of Avalon during the Big Live Live show Brad, Rorie, and Drew were all chosen to go on the quest. There was no reason for the quest to fail, since all three of these people were "good", however some imbecile decided to vote fail, which caused them and their teammates to lose the game. So the question is, who the hell voted fail when they were good, and why would you sabotage your own chance at winning the game? I thought if you were good you weren't allowed to vote to fail. so this really makes no sense at all to me.

Hmm I didn't notice this when watching but I will have to rewatch this and if this is true we do need some answers.

Edit: Oh wait I remember this because Drew and Brad kept bringing it up as a reason as to why one was evil...what the hell happened !

It was clearly Rorie, playing a fail card, in order to make people think Brad was evil. He points Brad out before the fail card gets revealed at the end of the second round because he knows that the fail card he played is the only one left to be revealed. He did it in the previous Avalon games, so it's not too surprising, despite being told, BOTH TIMES, that it is against the rules for him to play fail cards as a good player.

It's against the rules, incidentally, because it is absolutely never a good idea to play a fail card as a good player. Just never. It is always detrimental to your team.

Was funny watching both Brad and Drew getting increasingly more frustrated, though.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr_Insane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Dr_Insane

One of my favorite live shows ever. Amazing guests. Maya was great, didn't know her before this. Dan's segments were magical, dude comes up with the best stupid shit. Brad's hair was majestic. More Avalon goodness. The speedrun guys were cool guys and good on camera. Norm and Will. The after party was surprisingly nice. And now I get to watch a whole stream archive worth of Lang Zone and various other cool guests that I missed on the second stream. Now I just wish they did these more often.

ETPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a fucking amazing show. Kudos to everyone from the crew holding it down in BOTH streams to the mods keeping it classy and positive in the chat. Not to mention the extremely hard work behind the scenes.

Ryan would be proud of all of you. <>

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The show was entertaining, I had actually forgotten that the original premise was to promote subscriber membership so it was strangely nostalgic. I skipped a bit of the blackwater part to watch Dave Lang which was hilarious, I thought he and Maya had a lot of fun with the calls. I also missed about 1.5hr near the end when Dave Lang had a segment after the game jam... and Will and Norm apparently had a segment? So I'm pretty stoked for the upload to watch that. The game jam was super cool and was a great way to weave in boyes, lang and drake while also giving props to the community.

For the avalon part I'm glad I didn't cover my eyes and "played along" because Drew/Rorie/brad screwed up that 2nd mission and had one person fail it when they were all good, and also I was able to pick up on the fact that Dan had a hard time picking out who the bad guys were as Merlin and was also able to witness him screw up the last mission by taking on Mary. I actually didn't realize that Dan wasn't sure who the bad guys were, I just thought he had a hard time picking it out but was eventually able to get a good look, so I thought he was going to have a brilliant play where he takes it home for the good guys when it was his turn to pick the last team but nope. D: I like that chat was like "No man, Dan's playing it smart, he doesn't want the bad guys to figure out he's Merlin!" and not realizing that it wouldn't matter unless the good guys had won out the majority of the missions in the first place; you can't throw off your opponents by throwing the game completely.

The only gripe I have was the nacho cheese segment. While it had some hilarious moments I wish they would have saved it for the end. The impact it had on Jeff and Lang was noticeable (especially on Lang!) and I felt like that was one instance where they shouldn't have started the show with the show stopper. Would have liked to see some vets make it out like Alexis and Snider. Alexis & Drew segment and Vinny/Drew/Snider flight club segment, am I right?! Also would have been awesome if Vinny had more screen time but there's only so much Vinny to go around!

Hopefully they got a lot of subscriber and shirt pre-order moneys out of this to show the higher ups so that another one can be made. These are always a lot of fun and it's always a blast to see everyone together.

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Bribo

@slang_n_bang said:

It's crazy just how many chat people took Brandon Sheffield's riff raff costume completely serious. People were actively enraged about his silly outfit.

To be fair, he was sitting right next to Dan in his America pyjamas. It's not unreasonable to assume that everyone involved in that segment was completely earnest.

Coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I had to go to school for a part of the show so I couldn't see all of it but I thought that the speedrunner guys were fun especially with the bloodborne part. I thought it was a great show and can't wait for next year to see if they will bring it back. Also Fuck Dave Lang.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck Harris Foster.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Literally fuck everyone including myself.

Great show guys!

AstroZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By AstroZombie

That was a great show. Saw most of it and loved it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Excellent show folks!

ThatAintFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cwgadget said:
@deathfromace said:
@pfhor said:

It was clearly Rorie, playing a fail card, in order to make people think Brad was evil. He points Brad out before the fail card gets revealed at the end of the second round because he knows that the fail card he played is the only one left to be revealed. He did it in the previous Avalon games, so it's not too surprising, despite being told, BOTH TIMES, that it is against the rules for him to play fail cards as a good player.

It's against the rules, incidentally, because it is absolutely never a good idea to play a fail card as a good player. Just never. It is always detrimental to your team.

Was funny watching both Brad and Drew getting increasingly more frustrated, though.

A rule that can't be enforced was never a rule to begin with lol

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Due to the fact that I live in the Netherlands and have to actually work today (Thursday) I had to miss most of it.

Why they decided to do this on a Wednesday instead of Friday is beyond me. But the little bit that I saw of it was fun at least.

FrankNelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winsord said:
@dollster85 said:

If you're fine with watching on Twitch, you can use the GiantBomb profile's Past Broadcasts. Otherwise you'll have to wait for the site's archive. It's the videos from today, they're just incorrectly titled as The Old Games Show.

Man thank you so much!

who42knows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wanted to say, the show was great today. Really some great moments we'll all be referencing for the rest of the year at least.

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probably my fav thing from giantbomb since... load our last souls maybe? I reupped a month ago but just used my coupon code for the new shirt. Keep the faith in GB, an so pumped for more GBeast content.

m1k3ines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

If Alex and Vinny are there on Friday, I would like to see them do AVALON on UPF. I'd like to see Vinny play it.

kewlsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@pfhor said:

Are there hard rules like that in this game of deception? I'd maybe vote fail as a good guy to read the shock on faces of the people that I considered the bad guys to confirm that they are indeed bad. Maybe I want to do the long con and be known as "the guy who makes weird plays" which could work to my advantage if I played the bad guy in a followup game. Or maybe I just want to stir shit up and subvert expectations. In the very first episode of Avalon on Giant Bomb, Dan made the "ways on how you should 100% play this game" very clear. The first thing I thought was, well if I just do 1 play that's off, I completely shatter your preconceived notions and can take advantage of that. Atleast in theory anyway. In practice it probably backfires... 99% of the time.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope it was awesome. I debated staying up all night to watch it but the stiff and responsible adult in me didn't allow it.

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing Norm and Will back in action on a green screen food segment was heaven. Oh god, the good ol days