Big Live LIVE Show: Live! 2015 (Wed April 29th!) Discussion

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

@thephantomnaut: Was watching the after party stream and you were all I'm phantomnaunt on the site and I was like "ohhhh I know who that is!"

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Jeff has some sweet kicks yo.

gbstu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hi guys, just wondering if this has been or is in the process of being archived as, I am utterly ashamed to admit, I only saw about the first hour of the stream as my internet went down?

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@gbstu123 said:

Hi guys, just wondering if this has been or is in the process of being archived as, I am utterly ashamed to admit, I only saw about the first hour of the stream as my internet went down?

The show was archived, don't know when it'll go up.

xombi242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I can't wait to see it. Damned job made me miss it.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

@flstyle said:

@thephantomnaut: Was watching the after party stream and you were all I'm phantomnaunt on the site and I was like "ohhhh I know who that is!"

Hey there! Sorry for my weirdness and hyperness on camera whenever I got on. Being there was too hype for me to be pretty normal.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

Hey there! Sorry for my weirdness and hyperness on camera whenever I got on. Being there was too hype for me to be pretty normal.

Oh please, as if I would've acted any differently, looks like you had fun! Which staffers did you have a chat with?

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I was at the After Party last night and it was fun for a good two hours to talk to the staff as well as some premium members. Also shoutouts to Charles!

No Caption Provided

Got home this afternoon and just woke up from a nap. This picture turned out pretty good! Thanks again for the ride. It was cool to talk about Giant Bomb and video games with someone outside of the Internet. It's rare for me to ever get to do that.

I am watching the afterparty now and taking screenshots. I'll post some stuff about my experience tomorrow. It was awesome!

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#310  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

@flstyle said:

@thephantomnaut said:
@flstyle said:

Oh please, as if I would've acted any differently, looks like you had fun! Which staffers did you have a chat with?

Mostly everyone except Vinny because I couldn't see him most of the time. Got a lot of insight from everyone especially Jeff about video game coverage. Very invaluable and appreciative. Also talked to Jeff and Jason about EVO, it might or might not happen this year. Fingers crossed!

Got home this afternoon and just woke up from a nap. This picture turned out pretty good! Thanks again for the ride. It was cool to talk about Giant Bomb and video games with someone outside of the Internet. It's rare for me to ever get to do that.

I am watching the afterparty now and taking screenshots. I'll post some stuff about my experience tomorrow. It was awesome!

For sure my man! Great that we were able to meet up and hang out with other folks! Whenever they announce another similar event at their base of operations or nearby, I got ya!

Happydevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are they going to upload the stream today?

Missed the show, had to work

jstaunton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really hope it gets upped before the weekend, hopefully before UPF!

buttmonk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didnt get to watch this live so am watching it on twitch. Is there a section missing. It seems to go from the beginning of Gunsport to Will and Norm making icecream.

MrTambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttmonk3y: I was watching live on twitch and the (twitch) stream died at that point. It'd be great if there was an Html5 option for streams on the site.

marcusofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a twitch archive for the after party? Is it watchable in any form, anywhere?

marcusofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By marcusofadown

Do I even dare to click it? Thanks anyway :)

thepullquotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I fell asleep" at the exact point the twitch archives swapped during the second Iron Galaxy game, and I'm clearly missing something. I'm waiting to watch the Lang streams archives.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@chu52 said:

@oscar__explosion: Relationships are complicated. The real question is, can you kiss someone who ate that? Can you kiss anyone ever again knowing you ate that?

I mean I'm gonna do it at the same time. Well looks like we are gonna do it.

RareMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this has been asked but I am lazy and don't feel like going through the whole thread. Any news on archives, I had to work during the show, also will the afterparty stream also be archived?

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raremonkey: They're working hard on it and hope to have the archives up in the coming days.

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also missed it... Had to work my 9-5

xombi242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CWGadget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By CWGadget

@kewlsnake said:

@pfhor said:

In round 2 of Avalon during the Big Live Live show Brad, Rorie, and Drew were all chosen to go on the quest. There was no reason for the quest to fail, since all three of these people were "good", however some imbecile decided to vote fail, which caused them and their teammates to lose the game. So the question is, who the hell voted fail when they were good, and why would you sabotage your own chance at winning the game? I thought if you were good you weren't allowed to vote to fail. so this really makes no sense at all to me.

Are there hard rules like that in this game of deception? I'd maybe vote fail as a good guy to read the shock on faces of the people that I considered the bad guys to confirm that they are indeed bad. Maybe I want to do the long con and be known as "the guy who makes weird plays" which could work to my advantage if I played the bad guy in a followup game. Or maybe I just want to stir shit up and subvert expectations. In the very first episode of Avalon on Giant Bomb, Dan made the "ways on how you should 100% play this game" very clear. The first thing I thought was, well if I just do 1 play that's off, I completely shatter your preconceived notions and can take advantage of that. Atleast in theory anyway. In practice it probably backfires... 99% of the time.

Resistance (and Avalon) is not like Mafia or Werewolf, which are (in their basic form) solely games of social deception and perception. Resistance is definitely a game of deception, but it's also equal parts, if not moreso, a game of logical deduction. The game is designed around the fact that the good team's only knowledge that they can 100% rely on is that if a quest fails, there was at least one baddie on the team. The balance of the game completely falls apart if the good guys can't trust failed quests to lead them to bad guys.

Also, the rule is absolutely enforceable, as either Merlin or the baddies should have called out the foul for what it was and restart the game to play by the rules. Unfortunately, they were on a time schedule, Alex was a new player, Mary obviously was unsure of what was happening, and Dan thought Drew had his thumb up (which Dan should have rectified at the very beginning by just redealing role cards and setting expectations for thumbs-up if he was unsure of what was going on as Merlin). We screw up the setup process all the time when we're playing with new players, and we just redeal when it happens. Better to have to respend 30 seconds now than play a game that completely falls apart because 3 different people are confused.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed the Metal Gear Scanlon: The Game game. Especially the 'Hey Everybody, It's Tuesday' graffiti easter egg.

kewlsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 kishinfoulux  Online

The speed running stuff was great. Always love learning more about that.

Migsse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm confused on which one to watch.

Theres the Big Live Live Show Live 2015 which is split up into 4 parts.

Then there is the Big Live Live Show Live 2015 (Premium) which is split up into 3 parts.

What is the difference between both?

Also, how different are they to the Twitch Stream edition, which is also in 3 parts?

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Premium is the alternative stream. Kinda like a director's commentary with Dave Lang roleplaying a drivetime local radio DJ and Hotspur football chat.

God help us all.... but it's great.

Migsse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By Migsse

@dave_tacitus So, its best to watch both then?

Or just the premium?

kewlsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@migsse: Definitely both, they are two different streams that were happening at the same time.

I'm not sure in what order to watch them though. Both at once to get the real live experience?!

Migsse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By Migsse

@kewlsnake Thanks. I shall grab the 4 part regular BllSL then.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By FLStyle

Breaking News!

Giant Bomb Unarchived has gotten access to the original long lost BLLSL and its block party, happy time!

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

poveren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I thought the premium stream was underwhelming

wallofbricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points