Black Friday Hauls?

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#1  Edited By MightyDuck

Did anyone do any online shopping so far or venture out into the abyss that is Black Friday in person? It amazes me how many stores started their sales earlier this week instead of tonight.

Anyway, I snagged a few games.

• Need for Speed: Heat - $35
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2 - $25
  • Starlink (from the eShop - $20) - Totally not half bad as a Star Fox game!
  • Skyrim PSVR - $18
  • Jedi Fallen Order - $50 for the deluxe edition...really didn't want to buy it...but couldn't help myself after watching the latest episode of the Mandalorian.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

My game haul was more than I wanted to spend. Ugh. Oh well. Also took advantage of some sales on services related to my work, which is much more palatable. Anyways, my game haul is:

Rage 2

Chuchel

Sunset Overdrive

Katamari Damacy

Bear with Me prequel

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@mightyduck: spend $2 on GamePass and you’ll get Outer Worlds along with many other games for 3 months

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I would totally be on board with that, but unfortunately I don't have an Xbox. I really hope Sony or Nintendo would follow suit with their own Game Pass.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I'll be hunting down Control at some point tomorrow.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyduck: do you have a gaming PC because they have Outer Worlds on the PC side of it as well although the library is noticeably smaller.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By liquiddragon

Just 1 game from this year and a few oldies

• Ace Combat 7 ($15)
  • Shenmue 1 & 2 ($15)
  • Watch Dogs 2 ($13)
  • Gran Turismo Sport ($10)
Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Seikenfreak

Only a couple games. Figured I'd pick'em up when prices dropped.

• Dragon Quest Builders 2
  • Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled
  • Monster Jam: Steel Titans
  • Production Line
  • 3D Mark/PC Mark 10/VR Mark Bundle which is convenient because...

Finally building a new PC. This main PC I built back in June 2011. Didn't save that much money here ($~150?) but it was fun and in the spirit because I was looking for deals on specific stuff all week and snagging them ASAP

• Ryzen 3900x
  • Asus STRIX X570-E Mobo
  • G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 16GB DDR4 3600Mhz
  • Intel 1 TB M.2 Drive
  • Intel 2 TB M.2 Drive
  • Corsair RM 750 PSU
  • LG Blu-Ray Optical Drive
  • Fractal Design R6 Case

Just going to carry over my GTX 1080 for now. Don't have the money to spare for a 2080ti at the moment and it makes sense to just wait a few more months for a 3080ti.

I don't know if anyone wants a key for Outer Worlds or Borderlands 3 (they come with the CPU I guess), but I'd be willing to part with them for cheap-ish.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yakuza 0 $10

Yakuza Kiwami $10

Yakuza Kiwami 2 $15

Yakuza 6 $15

Shenmue 1&2 $15

Judgment $25

Far Cry 4 $10

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey $15

Spider-Man DLC $12.49

Debating on American Fugitive (PSN) $10

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By nutter

Not really. I’ve looked at Slickdeals, but I’m just not in the market for much.

I want a lat machine, but I figure there will be better deals when everyone decides to get in shape in January.

As for games, I grabbed Thronebreaker, am tempted to buy Wolfenstein Youngblood, and have been eyeballing digital prices on Judgment and Plague Tale (Xbox-specifically), and haven’t seen decent deals. The disc copies of Judgment have been tempting, but a disc is just more shit to take-up space.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: unfortunately no, just have a Mac Mini. PC gaming sounds amazing, but always was afraid I'd screw something up with drivers and such.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By militantfreudian

Video games-wise, I just extended my GB Premium and PS Plus subscriptions until 2021, because why not? Actually, it's mostly because I have a lot of annual expenses due between May and July and those two expire then so I thought it best to renew now and not have to worry about it. Other than that, I bought clothes and health products.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: unfortunately no, just have a Mac Mini. PC gaming sounds amazing, but always was afraid I'd screw something up with drivers and such.

Well if you do want to get into it and have the financial means of doing so then let me tell you that drivers are absolutely nothing you have to worry about. I've been building PC's since the 2000's and compared to those times building and using PC's today is a breeze. You don't even need to do clean installs for drivers anymore and everything just works. Nvidia will keep you up to date, it's almost like updating an app on your phone. The only way you can mess things up is if you start tinkering and trying to manually install old drivers or roll back, and even then it is very hard to actually damage either your install or your components. Even building computers up hardware wise is fairly straight forward as everything is color coded these days. Putting a processor in that cost hundreds of dollars and then clamping down a giant cooler on top is still a little nerve-wracking but everything else is a cakewalk.

So I'm just saying, if you wanna get into it but are afraid of "maintaining" or installing games then don't be. PC's have become Netflix level streamlined these days.

HHAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Picked up an All-Digital Xbox One S for $120 and 3 years of Ultimate for $180.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a sausage roll for 75p down from £1 and I'm pretty chuffed about that

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this year has been a bigger thing for me than in the past. all told i think my haul will be:

-that $200 'only on PlayStation bundle' that includes a 1tb slim with God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Last of Us remastered. haven't played any sony exclusives this gen and i NEED something to play TLoU2 when that drops (pro seemed like a poor choice with PS5 around the corner).

-a $45 year of PS Plus cuz i wanted to play Nioh and Titanfall 2 and i figure there will be at least 1 or 2 more i want to check out before PS5 drops

-$10 Uncharted Lost Legacy cuz why not (not an Uncharted fan but i like chloe and I've heard enough good things about this release)

-Ape Out on Switch for $7.50 cuz i had a long bus ride for Thanksgiving and no self control.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Just got that new Crash Team Racing for 25 euros. Might still update my phone plan tomorrow for unlimited everything at 150mbps for 19 euros a month.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#19 fisk0  Moderator

I picked up Pathologic 2 on GOG's flash sale yesterday, 193 SEK, so about $20. That's all so far. I may pull the trigger on the Age of Empire definite editions on Steam, though I'm still hoping they'll be coming to GOG soon-ish, Microsoft have hinted at having their games come to more PC stores, and GOG have hinted at Microsoft games every few months this year.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Seikenfreak

As if I didn't do enough financial damage to myself.. Mere minutes after my post this morning, I stumbled on an Amazon prime cash back discount on a Synology DS918+ 4-Bay NAS.. I have a bad habit of buying expensive things in the 5 minutes before I have to run out the door to work lol /facedesk

I've never done anything with a NAS before, but my Plex and general media/document library has gotten so big. I just noticed yesterday the 6 TB Plex drive alone is almost full.. and I'm afraid of these external drives failing. I want to expand capacity and have a backup so I guess I'm learning about RAID and setting up a NAS sooner than later lol Sad part is I really shouldn't spend the money on drives right now even though all the deals are happening.. I think I'd want like 8-10 TB+ drives and its pricey ;_;

sakesushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiftygism: Holy crap, with that haul, you're set for all of next year! Good luck getting through all of them!

I haven't been looking at much, though my friend's eyeing either a Switch or PS4 bundle. I did pick up Disco Elysium ($32 - the video game "intellectual" in me required I find out if it's 100% my friend's jam) and Outer Wilds ($25 - not discounted, just needed it in my life).

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

psmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yakuza 0 $10

Yakuza Kiwami $10

Yakuza Kiwami 2 $15

Yakuza 6 $15

Shenmue 1&2 $15

Judgment $25

Far Cry 4 $10

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey $15

Spider-Man DLC $12.49

Debating on American Fugitive (PSN) $10

Nice haul, Shifty.

psmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playstation Plus $40, my subscription expired this month so I got it on a website I found.

Xbox One Battery Charger $20, ordered it from Bestbuy and it arrived today.

Uncharted 4 on PSN $9

Telltales Batman Enemy Within $3, I been wanting to this glad it went on sale.

Shenmue 3 Season Pass $14

Joker $20 on Vudu

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By ShaggE

I didn't want to spend much, but I saw a first-model Wii for $50 at the local game store, so I grabbed that (I never owned a Wii or GC, so this was too perfect... weirdly though, I have Wii peripherals and a couple of games for various reasons) and Rock Band 2 as well as Guitar Hero 5, since I had the guitars and drums already and I miss rhythm games. A grand total of $58 for the lot.

I also bought a Steam Controller for $13, but as I went to check the price just now, it seems they refunded me. Damn! Guess I was too late buying it.

Edit: The local shop extended their deals, so I went back Saturday and grabbed Link's Crossbow Training, Band Hero, Beatles Rock Band, and Def Jam Rapstar. $20 altogether. Fuck yeah. Then I had a moment of madness and bought The Michael Jackson Experience on eBay for a tenner. NOW I'M DONE. I've got gifts to buy, no more spending on myself, lol.

flatblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

$25 Sekiro

$30 disco elysium

$12 hyper light drifter switch

$7 heave ho

$8 dragon Ball super: broly blu Ray

$8 John Wick 3 4k

$12 detective Pikachu 4k

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Didn't buy anything myself, but gave some advice to my nephew about a laptop purchase.

What I bough yesterday was:

• High Temperature Kapton Tape
  • 30 Gauge Silicone Wire , 10 ft
  • 47 ohm Resistor 1W, 1 Watt ±1% Tolerance Metal Film Fixed Resistor

None, of it was on sale...because it all weird. I saw a video by Adrian Black about ways to improve a $10 handheld console...so that is my holiday project.

Also, I think my Glowforge should be coming in late December....that will be fun.

Its looks like a lot of people here, well some, picked up Shenmue 1 & 2. That should make Yu happy...or someone body at Sega. Its funny to think that series is getting new life at the end of this generation of consoles. ...a holiday miracle!

carsend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29  Edited By carsend

Game wise...

• Donut County
  • Observer
  • Return of The Obra Dinn
  • Luigi's Mansion 3

I started to look for Control and Outer Wilds, but didn't see many deals. I think at this point I'm just going to wait till next year when they're dirt cheap, and I also forget major spoilers during GOTY.

Also upgraded from a Galaxy S7 to a Note S9 for pretty cheap, like $400.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#30 Marino  Staff

Do game shoes count? Because I got these Nintendo 64 Air Max 97s for $120 (usually $170).

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing for myself but I used the discounts to get my Christmas shopping done already.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nicksmi56

Games

• Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair $10
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night $20
  • Cuphead $2 after sale and eShop credit
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition $14
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV free with gift card

Movies

• Avengers: Endgame $8
  • How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World free with gift card

Misc

• 256 GB SD Card for my Switch $30
chaz934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By chaz934

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order $36 (actually bought this week of release when Target screwed up and sold it for 40% off)

Control $10 (sale plus Best Buy certificate)

Detective Pikachu 4k $10

Avengers Endgame 4k $8

Overlord Blu-ray $6

The Shining 4k $13

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought a lot of expensive clothes and an Adobe CC subscription for $30. I could have (maybe should have) put that money towards building a new PC, but bad habits always win.

BMaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

$30 Disco Elysium
$10 God of War
$25 Dragon Quest Builders 2
$25 FF12 on Switch
$38 PS4 controller

Really been digging Disco Elysium and DQB2 so far.

superjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

$20 Giant Bomb 2077 shirt

$11.50 Super Metroid sweatshirt

$5 Brothers in Arms 1-3 (Steam)

$3.75 Batman Enemy Within (Steam)

$2.50 Mark of the Ninja: Remastered Upgrade (Steam)

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

AUD prices:

• Monument Valley - $1.99
  • Monument Valley 2 - $1.99
  • Jazz Jackrabbit Collection - $1.49
  • Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Collection - $1.49
  • Epic Pinball: The Complete Collection - $0.89

function404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually purchased 2 games before Black Friday on Amazon.

1. Judgement
  2. Yakuza 6 Essence of Art Edition (somehow cheaper than the normal version)

I'm pretty set on games right now and tried to avoid buying too much. I might snag something today but I am waiting for bigger discounts for some and trying to get through my back-catalogue.

(However, you can bet I will preorder P5R today like a fool. That's a problem for future me.)

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't grab a lot as I already have too many games and game pass.

But I did make a stupid and buy a ryzen 3400g (APU) and the parts for a mini-itx build. Will probably use it for emulation and some HTPC shit/steam gaming, but mostly just because I want to check out AMD drivers and the like as research for a build a few years down the line and have never done a mini-itx build and figure not having a discrete GPU would simplify my life drastically. And I want to check out an APU before AMD fully discontinues those

It is not a smart purchase (see comment on discontinuing of APUs...) but it is a fun one.

And then I just grabbed some car shit as I realized I could do with a more well stocked emergency kit.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By shiftygism

CYBER MONDAY!

Batman: The Enemy Within $3.74

Hitman 2 $13.43

Hitman 2 - Expansion Pass $13.99

South Park: The Fractured But Whole - Bring the Crunch & From Dusk Til Casa Bonita $5.98

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mellotronrules

that new sony year end sale going on psn right now got me all *business dave eyes emoji*

probably drop another 50 bones on that tonight. i swear man, jumping into this fading gen now has been an effective way to save a boatload on ps4 exclusives.

will update this with a grand total once my self control fails later tonight.

edit: so here's the tally and my collective shame-

• ps4 slim 1TB - $200
  • last of us remasted (bundle)
  • horizon zero dawn (bundle)
  • god of war (bundle)
  • year of ps plus - $45
  • nioh (ps plus)
  • titanfall 2 (ps plus)
  • uncharted lost legacy - $10
  • metal gear 5 - $8
  • shadow of the colossus - $10
  • the last guardian - $10
  • shadow of mordor - $6
  • parappa 1 & 2 - $9.50
  • wolfenstein the new order - $6
  • ape out (on switch) - $7.50

---

GRAND TOTAL $312 for a console, year of online and 14ish games...not too bad! but i'm done!

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: This is extremely encouraging to hear. As you mentioned, I've always had the notion that it was a major undertaking with limited room for error. Depending on how this next console generation goes...maybe I'll finally dip my toe into the whole PC gaming realm.

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#43  Edited By Bonbonetti

My haul, about €80 worth (about 89 USD):

• Dead Rising 3
  • Sniper Elite 4
  • Hitman (2016)
  • Tomb Raider (2013)
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Mad Max
  • Just Cause 4
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Red Faction Guerilla Re-Mastered
  • Just Cause 3
  • Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
  • The Surge
  • Styx Shards of Darkness
  • Evochron Legacy

Half of them are games I re-bought for my PC, after having played them on console. Some games I just want to have on more than one system, some I no longer have the disc for (PS4) but still feel like playing again. With this haul I'm set for a long time, for the next few months there are no upcoming games I care about buying at launch. So in my head, my reasoning makes sense he.

JoeDangerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Control was $25 at Target. I usually don't buy physical versions of games outside of collector's editions, but this was too tempting.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i only have a Switch and a laptop, so i grabbed DOOM (2016), and Okami HD for the Switch.

i actually already own DOOM on pc, but it's unplayable on my laptop even with graphics turned all the way down, and figured i'd give it a try on the Switch if it went on sale.

echasketchers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Here I was planning to skip black Friday, but I saw a bunch of Switch deals while playing Pokemon during thanksgiving and broke down. Everything here was on switch except one.

• Rise of the Tomb Raider (Steam)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 1
  • Turok 2
  • Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered
  • CTR Nitro-Fueled
  • Lego Harry Potter collection
  • Travis Strikes Again NMH

All told it was under $100 and this'll keep me busy for a long time.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to try posting this in here rather than a new thread. Not sure if it's against the forum rules (didn't see it mentioned). Got my two game keys for buying a AMD CPU. I don't want either so I'm willing to sell them via PayPal.

Keys can only be used on the Epic Launcher (PC)!

Borderlands 3 + In-game Item - $15

The Outer Worlds - $15

Both for $25

First come, first served (with the exception that you didn't make an account very recently/have only 1 post etc. Trying to help a GB member out. Not get scammed lol)