Bob Ducca Remembers Ryan Davis- the audio.

patbaer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

A couple people asked me to upload the audio of Seth Morris (as his Comedy Bang Bang character Bob Ducca) listing the games that he and Ryan enjoyed playing together. If you watched the CAH panel on Sunday, you saw Eric Pope present this. Short explanation: Ryan really liked Comedy Bang Bang, and particularly Bob Ducca. Seth is an old friend, and a great guy, so he made this list. He never knew Ryan, and honestly doesn't really follow video games. I'll always be grateful to him for doing this.

Originally I sent it to the GB guys and some of the extended GB family. I'm glad it was played at the panel, and more people got to hear it. It was really nice to hear the CAH audience laugh at it and to read the GB chat while it was happening.

http://patbaer.tumblr.com/post/60184901802/on-sunday-at-the-cards-against-humanity-panel-at

Hope you guys enjoy!

Also, here's 13:48 minutes of Bob Ducca's best bits. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBMIBQuLlXI

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Thanks for doing this, Pat. The Bombcast and Comedy Bang Bang are far and away my two favorite podcasts so this is perfect. And I know Ryan would have lost his shit if he heard this.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's too bad he never got to hear this. He would have lost his fucking mind and it would have been amazing. :|

Kear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was great, thank you.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I watched the archive of the CAH panel yesterday, and that was my favourite part. It's definitely something Ryan would've been ecstatic about, I'd imagine it being much like his reaction to Buckner & Garcia's Found Me the Bomb. Having listened to a good few episodes of Comedy Bang Bang myself, it was both weird and awesome to hear Seth/Bob rambling off that list. Thanks so much for setting that up Pat, and thanks to Seth for going along with it.

RobotSquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It was great to hear that. Seth Morris is awesome. I'm actually listening to an episode of Improv4humans with him as I type this.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Bob Ducca is one of my favorite things to come out of Comedy Bang Bang.

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, this is rad. If only we could also get Ryan tributes from GARRY MARSHALL and Jesse "The Mind" Ventura/Huell Howser. Maybe about how now he and Huell are in the same place now. I just made myself sad.

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"WNBA: Low Attendance."

Bwaha.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wow, this is rad. If only we could also get Ryan tributes from GARRY MARSHALL and Jesse "The Mind" Ventura/Huell Howser. Maybe about how now he and Huell are in the same place now. I just made myself sad.

I'd love to hear "Ice-T" give some parting words since they have history and all. Not sure if he would take too kindly to Johnny V's impression though.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grixxel said:

It's too bad he never got to hear this. He would have lost his fucking mind and it would have been amazing. :|

You can probably just do a copy/paste of his reaction to the Buckner and Garcia song.

jachin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jachin

@milkman: How about Cake Boss? He does have the gift/curse of the second sight after all.... (cake boss!)

This makes me love Seth Morris even more. Thanks for posting this.

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Thanks a ton for this, Pat. Comedy Bang Band is a great podcast, and to hear Bob Ducca classically read off of a list made me so happy. I know Ryan would have loved this.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jachin said:

@milkman: How about Cake Boss? He does have the gift/curse of the second sight after all.... (cake boss!)

This makes me love Seth Morris even more. Thanks for posting this.

Screw Cake Boss (Cake Boss!), I want to hear something from Tom Leykis.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone mentioned on the Ryan tribute Bombcast, the person who'd be best equipped to handle Ryan's death and the outpour of support that resulted from it, would be Ryan himself. He would have loved this.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

@patbaer is CAH archive up? Me can't find it :(

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Fun that they did a tribute but....I didn't really think it was all that funny. Touching,yes. But not really funny.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By winsord
Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Aegon

Yup, the bombcast and Comedy BB are my two most listened to podcasts, so this is appreciated.

Sad Fish.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By jiggajoe14

I'm not really familiar with CBB but hearing it during the panel was so hilarious and moving. Props on doing this for Ryan man.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Videogames are so ridiculously titled that it must have been really easy to come up with the list. To be honest he could have just read a load of real titles out and it wouldn't have been any less stupid. Great stuff and really cool of him to do it seeing as they never met.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

@larrydavis said:

I'd love to hear "Ice-T" give some parting words since they have history and all. Not sure if he would take too kindly to Johnny V's impression though.

I think Fabrice Fabrice did craft services on the Game of the Year stuff. Maybe he has some stories about Ryan to share.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that is damn touching.

Kear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This got a mention on the front page of Earwolf today, as well as being posted on the websites of Paul F Tompkins, Paul Scheer, and Scott Aukerman. When I saw Ryan's picture on PFT's webpage I kinda got dizzy and thought I might not be awake yet. Thanks again, patbaer, for putting this together, it was a great tribute.