Bombcrew opinion you vehemently disagree with.

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

@ArbitraryWater said:

It always irks me when they speak about the kinds of games I like (insert RPG or strategy game here) as if they were impenetrable and only for crazy people, but I've gotten used to it by now.

Backed.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#202  Edited By psylah

I agree that Red Dead was terrible.

But what I must disagree with is that they think Mirror's Edge was something worthy of ridicule. That game was great.

FLYmeatwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#203  Edited By FLYmeatwad

I agree that RDR is the 'best' game of the generation. I agree that CoD4:MW is the 'most influential' game of the generation (though they also don't use online passes, so who knows). I would say that either ME2 (a game I really dislike) and/or Fez (a game I love), is/are the game(s) that most 'define' this generation.

I vehemently disagree with all good things they say about ME2 and all bad things they say about DA2. Other things too, maybe. I don't like orange soda. I like Popeye's. I do want to try Bojangles though, like pretty badly. Other things too, probably. MGS 2 is the best game in that franchise, and it's still the most interesting franchise going. If you liked AC2 and Brotherhood, aside from like the first person and tower defense parts ACR and AC3 aren't bad games, you're just tired of them. Other things too, definitely.

betterboulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#204  Edited By betterboulder

@heis24: Hey, it's possible to be big and picky. You just have to eat alot of whatever you pick.

I personally don't foam at the mouth with most of the stuff they rag on/praise. But one thing I think they almost consistently treat unfairly are JRPGs and alot of Japanese games in general.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By DeF

@Kidavenger said:

I get really ticked off when they shit all over Android, it's clear that none of them have spent a reasonable amount of time with one in years.

You can really switch out Android with most of the things they don't like. Japanese RPGs, for example. That's one of my picks, by the way.

The other is Jeff's dislike of Red Dead Redemption as restated in this week's Bombcast. I don't care for GTA games but that game sucked me right in and I loved almost every second (Mexico *sigh*) of it. Though he gets enough shit for that from the others already :)

I also disagree with their hype for the all-digital future. I realize that this is mostly an age and/or lifestyle thing but I still don't want the option for physical media to go away. Best outcome? Both become/stay standards. YOU choose which one you want to go with.

Another thing is Brad's dislike for New Super Mario Bros. U. That game is fantastic. New Super Mario Bros. 2 is also really good. If you don't care about getting coins and actually clearing all the challenges the game presents you and then call it too easy, you're doing it wrong.

I'll stop now. If I keep going down that road, this'll be a very very long posts nobody is gonna ready anyway :D

ryanmgraef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By ryanmgraef

The complete dismissal of the jrpg. Like with kh 3d or 13-2.both of those games were really fun and were basically punching bags...

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Corvak

Gonna go with inconsistent criticism of XBL/PSN.

Criticizing PSN for paid services (PSN+) while giving XBL a pass to put Netflix and online gaming behind a paywall is silly.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By SlashDance

@Ryanmgraef said:

The complete dismissal of the jrpg.

This. The fact that they don't even talk about stuff like The Last Story is pretty crazy.

mclargepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#209  Edited By mclargepants

I'm a fan of the stealth genre, so them bashing it kinda annoys me. I also really love MGS, so it half bothers me when one of them talks about at it, and the other half bothers me when the others talk. They're all awesome!

But really hearing Brad and everybody except Jeff (yay Jeff, you're my hero!) dishing praise on Red Dead really bothers me. The shooting (and the hence the game) was ridiculously easy. With turned off auto-aim and played on hard I never met a challenge in the game. The game moves at a snail's pace, which is fine in a western movie, but god damn! The horse riding was TERRIBLE. People have problems with GTA 4s cognitive dissonance, about the character saying and doing different things, which is even WORSE in Red Dead. There actually is a morality system! That's crazy! And finally, what pissed me off the most, was the ending. I could have easily shot up those dudes and lived happily ever after. But the game didn't even let me try. That's bullshit.

Also GTA 4 is awesome, and I've beaten it several times, so yeah.. Team Jeff!!

Avatar image for blastprocessing
BlastProcessing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#210  Edited By BlastProcessing

The love Saints Row The Third gets is ridiculous. Its a serious downgrade from it's predecessors. Easily one of the worst games I've played in some time.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Rainbowkisses

@Rebel_Scum said:

Whenever they have a retro QL or updated retro game and they show no interest in it.

What retro quick looks are you referring to?

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#212  Edited By Ghostiet
@Cloudenvy said:

Another vote for Jeff saying Red Dead is bad.

And another one.
jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By jadegl

I was a little turned off by the dismissal of the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer during the GOTY discussion.

When the game originally released, I was not at all looking forward to a multiplayer component, but I wanted to get my galactic readiness up, so I logged some time with it. It is actually really fun and can be really challenging and rewarding if you invest the time into it. Not only that, but they have added plenty of multiplayer dlc, which has been free, as well as kept the game fresh with bounty weekend events that give out special rewards to the community for playing and accomplishing certain goals. I would put this as my favorite multiplayer of this past year, even with it's few blemishes, such as the nasty glitch when you play a vanguard and die mid-charge if you are not hosting the match.

The only argument I could understand was the micro-transaction complaint, but all of the packs can be had with just playing the matches and getting the credits that way. I spent very little real money on the game because I was able to get credits just from matches. My one big complaint, and I could also understand this part of it during the discussions, was the random nature of the packs. Aside from that, the gameplay is more than solid and Bioware has been very supportive of the community for a long time and are continuing to do so. So I really disagreed with it not even making the first cut for choices during the discussions.

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#214  Edited By ventilaator

Playing a stealth game isn't the absolute worst torture anyone could be put through.

Also Red Dead is GTA IV, but actually good, so Jeff is insane.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#215  Edited By huntad

I don't disagree with their opinions. I disagree with how they arrived at them.

I used to think that the GB crew was different and they were knew a lot about games. That is not nearly the case anymore. The way most of them feel that they can freely bash/hate on something and only have an explanation of "___ is for crazy people" is stupid. I'm not just talking about specifically that sentence either. I think the irrational hate that GB tends to have is one of the most disheartening things I've experienced about video games in a while.

I think at times it can even be irresponsible on their part, because undoubtedly someone is going to stumble on their nonsensical information and it'll dissuade them from playing a game. I'm not going to say it is all Giant Bomb's fault. I'm sure most of the gaming press is like this. I just expected a more open, mature mentality at least on a deep level. I'm fine with fun and jokes and stupidity when it comes to humor, but this mentality that being immature and close-minded all of the time is funny, or is a valid excuse to dislike something ... it's been wearing thin for a long time.

I've stopped taking reviewers and a lot of the gaming press like Giant Bomb seriously. I just play what I can, and use their opinions as entertainment. It's the same as watching youtube videos (which is ironic when GB downplays youtubers), and I don't know if that means youtubers have gotten better, press has gotten worse, or if they have always been the same. I just know that the more I take a step back and think about the stuff being said, the more I actively want nothing to do with it.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By cmblasko

@Revan_NL said:

Brad saying that the shootingmechanics in Mass Effect 3 are better than Gears.

Yeah, that is downright lunacy to me. It makes me wonder if he was just saying that in the heat of the moment without really thinking about it.

Patrick said something that rubbed me the wrong way during the GOTY Day 5 podcast. While discussing ZombiiU, he said that the game "made him realize that animation priority is a respectable design decision." Him and the rest of the crew don't really like Dark Souls or Monster Hunter, I get that, they're not for everyone and they do have issues. But for him to say that their design was not "respectable" until he decided so is foolish when an entire nation has been really into those games for close to 10 years now.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Patrick's snarky negativity when it comes to games he didn't played and games he sort of know things about. And I disagree with most of the things he says.

Jeff sometimes has some crazy ideas which he pushes on the others and his irrational love of not so good games (Syndicate on the GOTY Top 10, what?).

Ryan blaming a game for not explaining or introducing game mechanics, even though those are part of the tutorial which he skips and his "whatever" mentality.

And their ridicule of their own community.

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Iodine

I hate when their opinions are not carbon copiess of my own

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By SerHulse

Saint's Row the Third is a great game.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#220  Edited By morrelloman

I vehemently disagree with their exercise program.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#221  Edited By triple07

I disagree with a ton of things the bombcrew says about games. Particularly Jeff and his weird anti local multiplayer position.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#222  Edited By CaLe

They all have pretty positive views with regard to drinking and alcohol in general. I do not.

Nothing about gaming really.

triumvir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#223  Edited By triumvir

Most of this is stuff that appears to have already shown up. Most of the stuff did not bother me to the point that I "vehemently" disagree with them, though.

1. Max Payne 3 is a solid 3rd person shooter with an excellent narrative. They just didn't like it because it wasn't the run-and-gun, wacky style of the first games. They just said "that's not a Max Payne game" and left it at that.

2. In general, their love of "wacky" games is not something that I share, at least to the degree they do. I enjoyed Saints the Third, for instance, and think it did many things right, but I don't think that the game was GOTY material.

3. The sudden consensus that all Stealth games have shit mechanics. MoTN is a fine game which smoothes out the rough edges, but it is hardly a revolution especially considering another excellent game that came out this year...

4. ...Dishonoerd was totally dismissed by the majority of the bomb squad. Brad actively disliked it and called it archaic (because of the HUD) when that game gives you pretty much as many tools as Mark of the Ninja as to judging situations and getting yourself out of scrapes. Vinny disliked it because he couldn't play as well as he wanted to given the nature of the character. Patrick completely threw it under the bus in GOTY deliberations... that's understandable given how he was outnumbered but still.

5. Brad's current honeymoon with his iPhone is one-part endearing and one-part disconcerting: there are good games on the iPhone for sure, but I wouldn't stop carrying my 3DS because of them. The Android hate really doesn't bother me, but it's clear that these guys have little familiarity with the platform and what it has to offer.

6. The only thing that has really bothered me were their assertions in March that the people who were calling the end to Mass Effect 3 shit were crazies. They didn't defend the ending really, but they sure as hell distanced themselves from and derided those who were speaking out about the ending. A few months later and they all just came out and said it: Mass Effect 3's ending was shit and EA was probably to blame. Jeff even said that it casts a pall over the rest of the series: a sentiment they surely would have called crazy a few months ago, at least publicly.

mclargepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#224  Edited By mclargepants

I'm surprised about some people criticizing their response to the ending of ME3. They openly said the ending was bad, though Jeff thought the ending was just a bad part of a not so great game. I think they handled the "controversy" very well, they thought it was crazy that the audience was calling out for the developers to change the game. That's ridiculous! It's of course even crazier that the developers actually did it. I remember them criticizing Bioware when they released the Director's Cut or whatever they called it for just bringing up the "pain" of the ending again once finally everybody had forgotten about it.

That whole situation was WAY overblown by fans, even though that ending was pretty terrible.

Miketakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#225  Edited By Miketakon

@Pr1mus said:

All of what Patrick says all the time.

Pretty much. Sometimes I think he forms his opinions from NeoGaf post.

Avatar image for thebeastwithtwobacks
thebeastwithtwobacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JohnDudebro

Popeyes is delicious.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Maajin

@Triumvir said:

5. Brad's current honeymoon with his iPhone is one-part endearing and one-part disconcerting: there are good games on the iPhone for sure, but I wouldn't stop carrying my 3DS because of them. The Android hate really doesn't bother me, but it's clear that these guys have little familiarity with the platform and what it has to offer.

6. The only thing that has really bothered me were their assertions in March that the people who were calling the end to Mass Effect 3 shit were crazies. They didn't defend the ending really, but they sure as hell distanced themselves from and derided those who were speaking out about the ending. A few months later and they all just came out and said it: Mass Effect 3's ending was shit and EA was probably to blame. Jeff even said that it casts a pall over the rest of the series: a sentiment they surely would have called crazy a few months ago, at least publicly.

5. I think if he doesn't have any games he wants to play right now on the 3DS, it makes sense to stop carrying it.

6. The crazy part wasn't thinking it was a bad ending, it was being the internet about it, making petitions to change it and stuff.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#228  Edited By VoshiNova

I disagree with Brad. :P

TMBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By TMBaker

Giving Assassin's Creed III 4/5 stars then awarding it Most Disappointing Game is just dumb.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By JZ

Jeff hates mustard, so I hate jeff.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Hunter5024

I think as people who work on the internet and frequently deal with internet reactions, that in most situations where the internet freaks out they are much more likely to automatically side against that opinion. You kind of have to treat the internet as the most hyperbolic being in existence, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have fair points sometimes. Specifically during the Jennifer Hepler debacle one of them said "You don't need to play games to write a game" or something along those lines, and I strongly disagree with that statement.

Also when Tekken Tag 2 came up and Jeff was pretty positive about it, but Patrick said "It says something about a franchise when it feels like you had a game that came out six months ago, even though it's been 3 years." I was really annoyed Jeff didn't call him on that, there was a Tekken game six months before that, made by a different team, that sucked, and Tekken as a brand took a hit despite their team not having any involvement.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By fetchfox

Jeff disliking Red Dead Redemption. Loved it, one of my few platinums. And the Yakuza games are awesome, fuck anyone who say otherwise!... but seriously, to each his own.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#233  Edited By JoeyRavn

This. I can't understand how Jeff dislikes RDR so much, yet gave that pile of shit 4 stars. I just can't understand it.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By ThePickle

Also, the opinion that a game like Crusader Kings II or an older XCOM game is for crazy people who spent 100 hours just learning how to play. Give them a chance once and while, don't outright dismiss them because they might require you to actually use your mouse.

Kyle86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Kyle86
@JohnDudebro

Popeyes is delicious.

Fuck yeah it is.
shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#236  Edited By shinboy630

@MorkaiTheWolf said:

@Kidavenger said:

I get really ticked off when they shit all over Android, it's clear that none of them have spent a reasonable amount of time with one in years.

^-- This is my biggest misgiving with them. I understand they don't like Android but it feels like they go out of their way to shit on it without trying. But hey, everyone's got an opinion right?

I would say I agree with this, but I kinda do the same thing with iOS (because fuck Apple), they would be just a tad hypocritical of me. But seriously, fuck Apple.

HolyHackZack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By HolyHackZack

If the question was 'Bombcrew member most likely to disagree with everyone about everything' the only answer would be Jeff. The list of things he likes is small and completely random. The list of things he fuckin' hates... everything else.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By mercutio123
@morrelloman said:

I vehemently disagree with their exercise program.

this made me giggle
redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By redbliss

I also dont agree with the Red Dead love. I agree more with Jeff and think that game is more bad than it is good, especially the DLC. Before I quit playing the DLC I was told to find a specific type of zombie; find six flowers, three in each of two types; and many of the towns that I had liberated were being attacked again by zombies. After riding around for about a half an hour in the area the game told me to look in trying to find that stupid spitter zombie I gave up on the DLC. It is awful.

I never really liked Red Dead to begin with, so maybe that is my problem.

klaptos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By klaptos

@fuzzybunny566 said:

...that inverted controls are for weirdos. To quote GB"s own page on inverted controls, I am a player who "link(s) the movement of the stick with the back of the head of the character they're playing." I've always done that, whether on console or PC. It just makes so much sense to me, that you hold down (back) on the stick to look up. I'm not even talking about flight, just normal character movement, like in Halo. I cannot even fathom doing it the other way, but the crew (I think aside from Vinny) seem to think it's crazy or insane. Whatever, it works perfectly for me and I don't care how other people set their controls.

Holy shit....it all makes sense now! My mind has been broken.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#241  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

Supporting Apple products of any kind is the only thing I really strongly disagree with. Well, that and Jeff's hatred of Majora's Mask.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By MooseyMcMan

They all seem to think that Super Mario Sunshine is not great. I disagree with that.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By abendlaender

Everytime Patrick says "Stealth is the worst thing ever" with his "If I say it, it has to be true" voice I want to punch him.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By warxsnake

They despise Android. 
They really have no idea what you can do with this OS.  

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By nail1080

@Taku128 said:

Supporting Apple products of any kind is the only thing I really strongly disagree with. Well, that and Jeff's hatred of Majora's Mask.

This, along with the usual Red Dead hate and all that shite, or hate for difficult games that don't hold your hand all the way through

Or just the recent statement that apparently the UK had no arcades and that Europe was some kind of Sega fanboy zone

As someone who grew up in Ireland around arcades and had a SNES that was just a bizarre thing to hear Jeff talk about in such a way that he really thought it was true....

jakkblades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By jakkblades

Strongly disagree with Jeff's ridiculous RDR hate.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#247  Edited By monkeyking1969

CHINA DOES CARE!

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By laserbolts

The idea they have that they can charge people for videos of them playing games or talking about games when its free all over the internet. The premium shit is basically the xbox live gold of videogame websites. It is extremely greasy that they take advantage of the people that love them enough to give them money. Also the fact that they will make t shirts as soon as a stupid meme comes about in order to squeeze more out of those people.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By ProfessorEss

Though I will cut him endless slack on account of his vast knowledge of video games I generally disagree with Jeff.

It's not even the opinions that bother me as much as it's the internet-user-binary best-thing-ever/worst-thing-ever with which he states it - especially when he does it in the same sentence where he condemns the internet, and this community, for acting the exact same way.

Miketakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#250  Edited By Miketakon

@TMBaker said:

Giving Assassin's Creed III 4/5 stars then awarding it Most Disappointing Game is just dumb.

This is why I don't read their reviews.