Borne to Run isn't canceled right?

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

It's been a month since the last episode. I assume the show is just on a brief hiatus since Danny was away for a couple of weeks? I'd be pretty bummed if the show was quietly discontinued without any heads up. I know some folks weren't into an endurance run of a games/series that already got lots of coverage in the site's past, but I was enjoying the semi-sentimental Tamoor/Danny ramblings while they played. :(

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No, it's not cancelled.

You can listen to the last 5 mins of last week's Bombcast, but TL;DR, it's on pause as Tamoor has a lot going on and Danny will be busy with other GB content as Jeff's paternity leave approaches.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Just to add to what frytup said, Danny also did mention he’d kind of jump on QL duty while Jeff is away, so that on top of the other things will cause Borne to Run to be put on a bit of a hiatus.

It seems like Guilt Treasures will continue though, as Jan seems to be next on the docket.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, awesome. Good to know. Thanks!

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I'm not especially broken up about this delay and eagerly await the next episode, but I do find it humorous how on-brand it is at this point for this show to disappear just as its gaining momentum.

While it seemed pretty obvious from the moment the first episode dropped at just about an hour long, we're clearly not going to finish the entire Soulsborne line before Elden Ring drops at this point, lol.

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just mentioned this length of 'absence' of the show in another thread , being a week or so behind on all my podcasts i didn't know they mentioned it last week at all either so i guess thats 'nice' to know, still a bit of a shame but understandable too. still i've mentioned it before but would it honestly hurt for them to take 10mins and type up a quick memo for ppl on the site who don't watch/listen to everything and idk ..maybe put it in the under-utilized 'words' section of the site? i've seen poor communication skills at companies i've worked at but when your business is a public facing thing like this those lack of communications kinda take the cake honestly. and if someone says ' they put X on twitter' then they need to realize they have a site for tht type of thing and frankly not everyone uses outside platforms.

yes i ranted , idc its getting a bit dumb at this point even if i was happy when i started typing this having gotten some form of info.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Efesell

Seems like one more instance where someone could type up literally anything about site goings-on somewhere on the home page.

AndyC80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This site is notorious for cancelling things without saying anything. When I brought it up before I was told that I was entitled.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima: it'll be interesting to see if they even finish Demon's Souls by the time Elden Ring is out and if that changes the order of which these games were going to be played.

Not meant to be a dig or anything because I don't mind if it's put on hiatus for a bit as other things come up (especially since I now have games to be playing).

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Danny's been on vacation for the last few weeks. It's not cancelled.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By big_denim

@rorie: Phew, that's what I figured. Thanks for clarifying! Feel free to lock this thread. I wasn't trying to rile some folks up. I got my answer and am good to go now :)

Avatar image for thebeardedfellow
thebeardedfellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Other than UPF...is this the only video game thing left that this site puts out, for premium especially?? And how long has it been? Sigh...

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By styx971

@thebeardedfellow: sounds like its going on a small hiatus according to the tail end bombcast from last week 9/7/2021 , while understandable since danny and tam are contractors of sorts its still super disappointing for that very reason honestly

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

People wanted more oldschool Giant Bomb and what is more classic GB than putting a series on hiatus for an undetermined amount of time.

Avatar image for spacemanspiff00
spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if Danny and Tam perhaps bit off more than they could chew with the series. Intending to play through all Soulsborne games together while juggling other jobs and responsibilities really makes it seem like this series could take years to complete. Not trying to throw any shade or anything as I love the show but I am curious if even Demon Souls will be finished by the end of the year lol.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@andyc80: Yeah, asking about behind the scenes things about the site leaves you vulnerable to attack for some reason.

AndyC80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: it’s sort of amazing. Everything that produces content for public consumption acknowledges when stuff isn’t working out. Podcasts, tv shows, radio, conferences, internal corporate initiatives. It’s incredibly odd how GB communicates so damn poorly.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@spacemanspiff00: Maybe. Tam just announced that he will be a permanent host of some Kinda Funny show I’m not familiar with, and this is on top of this show, the Internet show and his duties at GameSpot. The man is using up every free minute in a day.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I wonder if Danny and Tam perhaps bit off more than they could chew with the series. Intending to play through all Soulsborne games together while juggling other jobs and responsibilities really makes it seem like this series could take years to complete. Not trying to throw any shade or anything as I love the show but I am curious if even Demon Souls will be finished by the end of the year lol.

Any weekly premium video series on Giant Bomb has, by its very setup, usually resulted in a game taking months to beat, and tackling a series of games taking literal years. I forget what exactly was said when they introduced Borne to Run and in its first episode, but I think the playing of all the Soulsborne games is really more of a pie-in-the-sky, "lol maybe we'll get there one day" sort of end point of the series. I don't expect them to actually ever get there, anymore than I expected Alex to play every single Mega Man in Blue Bombin', or Vinny to play every single Castlevania in Vinnyvania. Or perhaps it becomes a Beast in the East where they only ever play the first game in the series then retire the series and move onto something else. Who knows.

Regardless, I doubt Danny and Tam are sitting there, concerned about the progress they're making in the games.

Avatar image for spacemanspiff00
spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By spacemanspiff00

@humanity: Interesting. He is part-timing on KFGD apparently which is their daily news/topic show. Ya it really seems like Tam has little time to live between all that. I'm sure its similar for Danny as well.

@bisonhero said:
@spacemanspiff00 said:

Any weekly premium video series on Giant Bomb has, by its very setup, usually resulted in a game taking months to beat, and tackling a series of games taking literal years. I forget what exactly was said when they introduced Borne to Run and in its first episode, but I think the playing of all the Soulsborne games is really more of a pie-in-the-sky, "lol maybe we'll get there one day" sort of end point of the series. I don't expect them to actually ever get there, anymore than I expected Alex to play every single Mega Man in Blue Bombin', or Vinny to play every single Castlevania in Vinnyvania. Or perhaps it becomes a Beast in the East where they only ever play the first game in the series then retire the series and move onto something else. Who knows.

Regardless, I doubt Danny and Tam are sitting there, concerned about the progress they're making in the games.

I didn't mean for it to come off as I'm concerned about their progress or anything. I know how it goes aroundhere. I would be just fine, even if a little sad, if they had to cancel it. I was more just stating that it might get heavily overshadowed with how much other stuff they have going on. Especially since, per Humanity above, Tam has apparently taken on a part-time role with Kinda Funny on top of everything else he has going on.

I'm not at all worried about the fate of the show. I just wouldn't be surprised if this thing doesn't end up taking off due to them both being seemingly busier then ever. I also believe its more of a, as you said, pie-in-the-sky series.