Brad's demeanor of late

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You know how when you have had a cat for years and then one day you get a new kitten and your old cat becomes sullen and crotchety? That's how Brad has stuck me since GB brought Dan on. He takes issue with nearly every opinion the guy has and just generally look annoyed/ bummed out whenever he is doing something that involves Dan. Am I reading too much into this or have you duders noticed this as well?

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I reading too much into this or have you duders noticed this as well?

Yes. A lesser man would have crumbled to see his favourite game mocked and butchered as Dan did when he played Dota 2 in front of Brad. Brad just rolled with it.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cmblasko

Are you suggesting that we put down Brad?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

You know how some people watch reality tv and then chuckle to themselves about how much smarter and better they are than the idiots on reality tv?

Dan is Brad's reality tv.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@giantlizardking: You are reading too much into it. But I also think Brad has been kinda grumpier lately. Everyone has their off days though I'm sure it has nothing to do with Dan.

Dan is amazing though and has breathed new life into the site. All those months people begging for an Endurance Run and nope. To the point where it had become taboo to even ask for this feature. Then Dan comes along and what do you know, people love the series. He's just full of energy which is something that has been lacking around here for a while.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. That's their rapport. I think it's a fun dynamic, and if you read between the lines, it's pretty apparent how much I like each other.

Yes. A lesser man would have crumbled to see his favourite game mocked and butchered as Dan did when he played Dota 2 in front of Brad. Brad just rolled with it.

This is just one example of what I'm talking about.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

From my perspective, I haven't noticed any of that. Dan's just a person with very divisive opinions. I kind of like that about him. (He really shattered the echo chamber Giant bomb was trapped in.)

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So now Brad is jaded?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@cmblasko said:

Are you suggesting that we put down Brad?

He might bite someone if we don't.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

Dan is just Brad's foil. We can all rest assured that they get along very well; their on-camera rapport is just contentious because they have very dissimilar opinions on entertainment. Personally, I think it's awesome and it's bringing out Brad's personality in a way that didn't used to happen that often.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a continuing joke on the time Patrick joined and people thought Brad didn't like him either.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I dunno, if you put Dan and me into a room, I think I'd react pretty similarly, and it wouldn't be out of love. Not that I'm particularly bothered by it, but I wouldn't blame Brad for Dan's aggressive heelishness.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

You know how when you have had a cat for years and then one day you get a new kitten and your old cat becomes sullen and crotchety? That's how Brad has stuck me since GB brought Dan on. He takes issue with nearly every opinion the guy has and just generally look annoyed/ bummed out whenever he is doing something that involves Dan. Am I reading too much into this or have you duders noticed this as well?

They are both awesome and very different. And they play their dynamic up for comedic purposes. I have really grown to like Dan, and I always like Brad. Brad hasn't changed since Dan got there. He's the same guy he was.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I kinda like grumpy Brad. He's the Eeyore of the group, and Eeyore was the best. Who doesn't love Eeyore? Assholes, that's who!

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Huh, weird. I was under the impression they were the same person.

Tiamatsword22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Tiamatsword22

Brad is just cranky because hosting the bombcast means he can't go to sleep during it anymore.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Brad is neither sullen nor crotchety; he's reserved. That, and he's a learned man of taste who must grudgingly refer to an adult man who dilutes fine scotch into coke and has never heard the word "corporeal" as his colleague.

matiaz_tapia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like them as a duo. Also, there are a lot of issues to take when it comes to Dan's opinions, as lovable as he is. They can get pretty extreme. If Brad ( and Jeff and Danny and Drew and pretty much everyone else...) wasn't there to react I think I might lose it.

Plus, grumpy Brad is way better than sleepy Brad. It's good for both of them to have a counterpart.

I really like the ongoing joke that they are pretty much the same guy.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Fancy lads and cool guys: they'll never get along.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love when people try to infer that there's some feud going on between members of staff.

I think the last thread I saw was someone trying to say Rorie hated Brad? No wait, it might have been Alex hates Patrick.

People are weird.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although the discussion has been positive, a thread being started solely to talk about someone's demeanor and trying to jump to conclusions based on that is not appropriate. I'm locking the thread.