User Lists: 0

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By crithon

I was chatting with this with a friend of mine I went to art school with.... and he replied, "too much uncanny valley" and this coming from a who obsessed about Bruce Lee. But I think it's fun for the novelty.

Avatar image for darknessmyoldfriend
DarknessMyOldFriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I just wish there were MORE ways to capitalize off of dead celebrities. Too bad the plastic instrument game craze died out, so many estates that could have been monetized.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By handlas

Some people were kinda angry about it. I guess it hurts the integrity of Bruce Lee? Or the UFC? I'm not sure.

Maybe people don't remember that Shaq was in one of the last 2 UFC games. He was hilariously bad (stats-wise).

I could careless; I don't really have an affinity for Bruce Lee. But I think the game looks really good. Again, a funny thing because it looks very very much like EA MMA (prettier of course now that it's on PS4/XOne) yet people did nothing but hate on that game saying it looked terrible. UFC branding sure helps people see things clearly.

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By noizy

The UFC's (Danny White and the Fertitta brothers) fascination about Bruce Lee being the godfather of MMA is a little odd at times.

I don't know enough about Bruce Lee to really say, but the stories about the genesis of the UFC (pre-Zuffa) was Rorion Gracie, Art Davie and John Milius putting up a show of different martial arts fighting to figure out which one was the best; no rules. It was the standard "if you put Mohammed Ali against Bruce Lee who would win" kind of idea, but they put a show together. The conception of mixed-martial arts as a single person proficient in all the martial arts is a latter development as things developed and fighters become "well rounded" in order to be competitive. I fear this while Bruce Lee was the original mixed martial artist is retconning.

JeremyKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has there been any talk whether this is going to play more like the THQ UFC games or the EA MMA game from a couple years ago? I really enjoyed THQ's UFC but could never get into the EA game.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers