Bumps for Boobs, a 24 Hour CharTitty Mammarython.

• 86 results
Teleri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Teleri

Heads up, GiantBomb! It's breast cancer awareness month, and video games are fighting the good fight once again over at VidyaShorts. You are hereby invited to our first ever:

Bumps for Boobs 24 Hour CharTitty Mammarython.

Starting TONIGHT (Oct. 21st at 7pm EST 4pm PT) I will begin streaming a collection of games for charity. The stream will continue for 24 hours straight . Various restrictions/challenges will be put into effect after certain brackets of donation are reached, and a variety of video game PRIZES will be given to viewers! 100% of donations received will go to Susan G. Komen for the Cure!

Games!

• Duke Nukem Forever
  • Space Channel 5: Part 2
  • Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Prizes!

• Duke Nukem Forever
  • Tomb Raider Legend
  • Tomb Raider Underworld
  • Company of Heroes
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Humble Indie Bundle #3 (Crayon Physics Deluxe, Cogs, VVVVVV, Hammerfight, And Yet It Moves, Steel Storm: Burning Retribution, and Atom Zombie Smasher)
  • *One of the following pre-orders: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, or Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Milestones!

• $100: Streamer can only walk backwards for 30 minutes. (DNF)
  • $222.22: Streamer switches toTomb Raider: Anniversaryand asks a trivia question. (Prize: Tomb Raider: Anniversary)
  • $300: Streamer must walk in crouch with camera focused on Lara's butt for 15 minutes.
  • $333.33: Streamer switches to Space Channel 5: Part 2 and asks a trivia question. (Prize: Space Channel 5: Part 2)
  • $400: Streamer must now activate webcam and dance along whenever playing Space Channel 5: Part 2.
  • $444.44: Streamer switches to Duke Nukem Forever and asks a trivia question. (Prize:Company of Heroes)
  • $500: "Duke Vision Mode" enabled for one hour. (DNF)
  • $555.55: Streamer switches to Tomb Raider: Anniversary and asks a trivia question. (Prize: Tomb Raider: Legend)
  • $600: Streamer must jump everywhere he goes instead of walking in Tomb Raider for one hour.
  • $650: Streamer can only speak in Duke Nukem one-liners for one hour.
  • $666.66: Streamer Switches to Space Channel 5: Part 2 and asks a trivia question. (Prize: Alpha Protocol)
  • $700: Streamer must speak in a female voice for one hour.
  • $750: Streamer can again only speak in Duke Nukem one-liners for one hour.
  • $777.77: Streamer switches to Duke Nukem Forever and asks a trivia question. (Prize: Duke Nukem Forever)
  • $800: Streamer must wear Ethniu's (viewer submitted) bra for remainder of the stream.
  • $850: Streamer reads an informative article about breast cancer.
  • $888.88: Streamer switches to Tomb Raider Anniversary and asks trivia question: (Prize: Tomb Raider: Underworld)
  • $900: Gassu Masku Man voice for an hour.
  • $950: Mystery Rule
  • $999.99 Streamer switches to Croft Manor mode in Tomb Raider: Anniversary and asks a trivia question (Prize: Humble Indie Bundle #3)
  • Streamer can now switch games at leisure or at viewer request with a 10 dollar donation.
  • *In the even of $1500 in donations received, streamer will ask a trivia/prize question to one lucky random viewer over skype for their choice of the following video game pre-orders: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, or Star Wars: The Old Republic. If viewer gets it wrong after 3 guesses, streamer donates 60 dollars to the charity.

Individuals can also donate with a note to request one of the following:

$25: Skype call on stream for 10 minutes. (I reserve the right to end this call at any given time)

$25: Force streamer to switch to listed game of choice.

$50: Streamer saves his current game and launches Deus Ex: Human Revolution, where he must kill 1 npc, complain about how he didn't "ask for this", then return to the game he was originally playing.

$50: Streamer switches to game of choice and calls a random skype contact to ask if they've had a breast exam.

$100: Humble Indie Mammary Bosom Bundle: You get up to an hour of skype time with the streamer, with a license to tell the him exactly what to do. Streamer must obey your commands, everything from what game to play and how to play it, to who to bring into the skype call and what you'll talk about.

Let's save some breasts!

Teleri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Teleri

Heads up, GiantBomb! It's breast cancer awareness month, and video games are fighting the good fight once again over at VidyaShorts. You are hereby invited to our first ever:

Bumps for Boobs 24 Hour CharTitty Mammarython.

Starting TONIGHT (Oct. 21st at 7pm EST 4pm PT) I will begin streaming a collection of games for charity. The stream will continue for 24 hours straight . Various restrictions/challenges will be put into effect after certain brackets of donation are reached, and a variety of video game PRIZES will be given to viewers! 100% of donations received will go to Susan G. Komen for the Cure!

Games!

• Duke Nukem Forever

Prizes!

• Duke Nukem Forever
  • Tomb Raider Legend
  • Tomb Raider Underworld
  • Company of Heroes
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Humble Indie Bundle #3 (Crayon Physics Deluxe, Cogs, VVVVVV, Hammerfight, And Yet It Moves, Steel Storm: Burning Retribution, and Atom Zombie Smasher)
  • *One of the following pre-orders: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, or Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Milestones!

• $100: Streamer can only walk backwards for 30 minutes. (DNF)
  • $222.22: Streamer switches toTomb Raider: Anniversaryand asks a trivia question. (Prize: Tomb Raider: Anniversary)
  • $300: Streamer must walk in crouch with camera focused on Lara's butt for 15 minutes.
  • $333.33: Streamer switches to Space Channel 5: Part 2 and asks a trivia question. (Prize: Space Channel 5: Part 2)
  • $400: Streamer must now activate webcam and dance along whenever playing Space Channel 5: Part 2.
  • $444.44: Streamer switches to Duke Nukem Forever and asks a trivia question. (Prize:Company of Heroes)
  • $500: "Duke Vision Mode" enabled for one hour. (DNF)
  • $555.55: Streamer switches to Tomb Raider: Anniversary and asks a trivia question. (Prize: Tomb Raider: Legend)
  • $600: Streamer must jump everywhere he goes instead of walking in Tomb Raider for one hour.
  • $650: Streamer can only speak in Duke Nukem one-liners for one hour.
  • $666.66: Streamer Switches to Space Channel 5: Part 2 and asks a trivia question. (Prize: Alpha Protocol)
  • $700: Streamer must speak in a female voice for one hour.
  • $750: Streamer can again only speak in Duke Nukem one-liners for one hour.
  • $777.77: Streamer switches to Duke Nukem Forever and asks a trivia question. (Prize: Duke Nukem Forever)
  • $800: Streamer must wear Ethniu's (viewer submitted) bra for remainder of the stream.
  • $850: Streamer reads an informative article about breast cancer.
  • $888.88: Streamer switches to Tomb Raider Anniversary and asks trivia question: (Prize: Tomb Raider: Underworld)
  • $900: Gassu Masku Man voice for an hour.
  • $950: Mystery Rule
  • $999.99 Streamer switches to Croft Manor mode in Tomb Raider: Anniversary and asks a trivia question (Prize: Humble Indie Bundle #3)
  • Streamer can now switch games at leisure or at viewer request with a 10 dollar donation.
  • *In the even of $1500 in donations received, streamer will ask a trivia/prize question to one lucky random viewer over skype for their choice of the following video game pre-orders: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, or Star Wars: The Old Republic. If viewer gets it wrong after 3 guesses, streamer donates 60 dollars to the charity.

Individuals can also donate with a note to request one of the following:

$25: Skype call on stream for 10 minutes. (I reserve the right to end this call at any given time)

$25: Force streamer to switch to listed game of choice.

$50: Streamer saves his current game and launches Deus Ex: Human Revolution, where he must kill 1 npc, complain about how he didn't "ask for this", then return to the game he was originally playing.

$50: Streamer switches to game of choice and calls a random skype contact to ask if they've had a breast exam.

$100: Humble Indie Mammary Bosom Bundle: You get up to an hour of skype time with the streamer, with a license to tell the him exactly what to do. Streamer must obey your commands, everything from what game to play and how to play it, to who to bring into the skype call and what you'll talk about.

Let's save some breasts!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64
ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

While I'm all for the cause Duke Nukem Forever seems in bad taste. I know it's for a fun time but still.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By LordXavierBritish

I've always wanted to watch someone mutilate themselves over livestream.

Teleri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Teleri

@ImmortalSaiyan: I considered this, and feel like having a few other games with female main characters will help balance it out. I understand that some of this is boob-sploitation, if you will, but like you said it's all in fun. It's for a good cause, so I feel like it's justified.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Teleri said:

@ImmortalSaiyan: I considered this, and feel like having a few other games with female main characters will help balance it out. I understand that some of this is boob-sploitation, if you will, but like you said it's all in fun. It's for a good cause, so I feel like it's justified.

I agree. I just felt it needed to be said.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#7  Edited By Little_Socrates

Do you mind sending out PMs the day of the stream? Otherwise I'm totally going to forget this is happening.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Still_I_Cry

Ok, I think you should have found a different idea. Then again, I guess gamers love boobs so you chose the right idea.

Although objectifying women is an unfortunate side effect of it.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By ryanwho

"For a good cause" is a fun little excuse, isn't it? If lung cancer were sexier maybe it would have a month, instead of just being a much more common cancer for women.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By Dagbiker

Like i said in a earler post on another thread, perhaps even in another galaxy. 24 hours is ok, but 72 hours is better.

Teleri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Teleri

@Still_I_Cry:@ryanwho:

Am I objectifying women just by playing games that occasionally objectify women? Am I murdering people just because I'm playing Hitman? It's a breast cancer awareness charity event, and I'm doing nothing more than playing video games for charity. I guess a good cause can't be successful without its share of critics.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deathstriker666

I just came here to say: Fuck Duke Nukem Forever. Worst game of 2011.

Amducious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Amducious

Teleri, I commend you for doing this. It's a worthy cause and I like the way it is being promoted. Humor and video games. Superb.

I'm not surprised at the naysayers though. There will always be someone looking to pick fault. Ignore them and keep up the good work. *thumbs up*

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Teleri: I wasn't criticizing the fact that you're trying to raise money for a good cause. I was criticizing your gimmick to get people in on it.

Also, I didn't state that by playing a game that objectifies women you were, I stated your gimmick was.

There was no connection between life equating to what games you play in my comment.

Teleri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Teleri

Bracket info has been updated! I still need cool things I can do in Duke Nukem Forever to make it more challenging/interesting/funny to watch.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Branthog

Yeah, how dare you. Nobody has ever used boobs or sex to promote breast cancer fund raising before. After all, oogling boobies is okay, but when you're doing it for breast cancer awareness, it's suddenly oh so terrible. (And let's remember that if it was something similar, but turned around for testicular or prostate cancer, nobody would complain . . . of course, then again, nobody ever really raises money for prostate cancer, even though something like 50% of all men will have it).

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/save-boobs-breast-cancer-psas-raise-eyebrows/story?id=8646632

People are too fucking uptight.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pinworm45

How dare you try and raise money for a charity, you scumbag.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#18  Edited By DonutFever

@LordXavierBritish said:

I've always wanted to watch someone mutilate themselves over livestream.

Meet me in the Maintenance Room in 5 minutes.

Teleri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Teleri

Tomb Raider Legend and Underworld added to the prize list, along with Humble Indie Bundle #3. Also Tomb Raider: Anniversary will now be streamed as well!

Please continue to offer suggestions!

Teleri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Teleri

Tons of updates to the donation bracket tiers. Check 'em out.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dagbiker

I dont mind the games as long as you have a well endowed girl playing the games in question. With a tubetop on. And every time she gets past a level she gets so excited she jumps up and down.

this is my only request.

and i dont actually want to watch the games i just want to watch the girl. or perhaps you could have 2 streams, and 2 cameras.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By TobbRobb

This needs more Bayonetta.

Everything needs more Bayonetta.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By MysteriousBob

@JJOR64 said:

If you want some more boobalicious games, add Bayonetta and/or Onechanbara and/or Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 to the list.

Good luck with it man. :)

Or he could play a good game instead of those.

OK, to be fair Bayonetta is nearly as bad as the other two, but seriously, fuck those two.

Teleri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Teleri

@Dagbiker: I might be able to make something like that happen.

@TobbRobb: I might be able to make something like that happen.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I think it's excellent that you're putting this much effort into raising money for charity, keep up the good work, but I'm not going to lie, I personally find Duke Nukem a bit of an off-putting addition to the line-up.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

No boob thread is complete without the above video. 
Come on people, lets save some boobs!
lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lockwoodx

DNF was a great game!

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By Brendan

Bayonetta? I dunno, it just seems like a current game that people might find interesting to watch that also isn't mediocre.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dagbiker

I also find the lack of Playboy the Mansion despicable. But im more or less kidding about that.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

>:|

Teleri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Teleri

@JJOR64: The problem with games like these is I don't have an xbox 360 or a PS3. Just a wii. PC, and original xbox.

Teleri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Teleri

Space Channel 5: Part 2 added to prize list!

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Rudyftw

Wait. Let me get this straight. For Breast Cancer Awareness you guys have decided to advertise this BUMP for BOOBS by posting a picture of Lara Croft without her boobs? Sick.

Teleri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Teleri

@Rudyftw: She has boobs, she's just covering them up. We're not exploiting boobs. We're celebrating them.

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rudyftw

@Teleri said:

@Rudyftw: She has boobs, she's just covering them up. We're not exploiting boobs. We're celebrating them.

The whole point is to celebrate them right? If anything, a little side boob is relevant.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dagbiker
CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CaptainCody

@ryanwho said:

"For a good cause" is a fun little excuse, isn't it? If lung cancer were sexier maybe it would have a month, instead of just being a much more common cancer for women.

Holy shit, thank you for saying this.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By fattony12000
No Caption Provided
Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dagbiker
Teleri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Teleri

@Dagbiker said:

I also want to see some Custer's Revenge, and Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust.

@Dagbiker said:

also BMX XXX, and The Guy Game.

At this point it's going to difficult to ensure game additions. For one thing I'm only set up for PC streaming, and I also don't own any of these games. Anything donated before Friday however will either be played or given out as a prize...

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By Gerhabio

Ugh... I'm sick of repeating myself so much in the forums.http://www.volanteonline.com/opinion/column-stop-sexualizing-breast-cancer-1.2391523#.Tp5P2Jt3TCU

I mean, is it really that difficult to see that sexualizing the cancer cause is fucked?

Save the boobs? Fuck you, save the women and men (they get breast cancer too but god forbid we mention their unsexy breasts) who suffer from cancer.

Some men and women lose their breasts to cancer. It's not the breast that matters, it's the life.

There's many more articles like that to read, there are also plenty of scholarly ones, go out there and see the points of views of women's groups, social organizes, feminists, and victims of cancer.

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rudyftw

@Gerhabio said:

Ugh... I'm sick of repeating myself so much in the forums.http://www.volanteonline.com/opinion/column-stop-sexualizing-breast-cancer-1.2391523#.Tp5P2Jt3TCU

I mean, is it really that difficult to see that sexualizing the cancer cause is fucked?

Save the boobs? Fuck you, save the women and men (they get breast cancer too but god forbid we mention their unsexy breasts) who suffer from cancer.

Some men and women lose their breasts to cancer. It's not the breast that matters, it's the life.

There's many more articles like that to read, there are also plenty of scholarly ones, go out there and see the points of views of women's groups, social organizes, feminists, and victims of cancer.

Hey... at least they are raising money for it.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gerhabio

@Rudyftw said:

@Gerhabio said:

Hey... at least they are raising money for it.

The "by all means necessary" and "ends justify the means" arguments are unethical, misguided and non-comforting.

There are more ethical ways to get money for the cause that don't hurt the women, that they are ostensibly trying to help, in the long run by reinforcing gender stereotypes and objectifying women and their breasts.

These campaigns only feed the business sides of bigger companies that seek to commodify women as primarily sexual objects for money.

Plus, breast cancer is overexposed because of the sex appeal attributed to it by pinkwashing public relations business machines. Lung cancer kills way more people but lungs aren't sexy so fuck them right?

There's always better ways to help, like emphasizing the humanity of the victims and appealing to decency and empathy.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By soldierg654342

@Gerhabio said:

Plus, breast cancer is overexposed because of the sex appeal attributed to it by pinkwashing public relations business machines. Lung cancer kills way more people but lungs aren't sexy so fuck them right?

I was at a Cancer benefit once. It was a walk and at the entrance they had posters listing the cancers they were walking for. There was a poster for breast cancer, lung cancer, brain cancer, child cancer, and other cancers.

Other cancers

NickdeClaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By NickdeClaw

@Gerhabio said:

There's always better ways to help...

Therefore one should never do anything, because only the best way to do something should ever be used.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Gerhabio

@NickdeClaw said:

@Gerhabio said:

There's always better ways to help...

Therefore one should never do anything, because only the best way to do something should ever be used.

Your first post and you use it for this sillyness? I never advocated doing nothing, that is flagrant misconstruction of my words. There are ways that dont hurt women. All ethical methods should be tried. Just because a way to solve --excuse me-- to attempt to solve a problem is creating more funds doesn't mean it is exempt from creating other problems.

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Ugh

NickdeClaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By NickdeClaw

Ethical is subjective. I don't find this unethical.

When you decide to do something, you should weigh the costs and the benefits. In this case, it is my opinion that the benefits outweigh the costs. I respect your opinion that the costs outweigh the benefits, but it is simply a matter of opinion.

People can always do something better. But at some point, you must act. Teleri is acting at the point that has resulted in this planned stream, and since - in my opinion - the benefits outweigh the costs, I might suggest that next time he not contribute to a culture of sexual objectification of women, but for now, I won't personally attack him and I'll try to help his event be successful.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Gerhabio

@NickdeClaw: Help him and ask him to do it without reinforcing gender stereotypes and without objectifying women next time.

NickdeClaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By NickdeClaw

Will do.