Buying From Foreign PSN Stores

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Is there any easy way to purchase PSN point codes from online retailers for the European (specifically) and Japanese stores? I discovered that the UK Amazon store won't let you buy digital codes for EU PSN since my account is a US account and other retailers I've found practically do the same. Also, I discovered that even though they support PayPal they don't support US Paypal accounts on the EU store.

I was going to try and take advantage of some sales they had going on but didn't want to wait for a points card to ship here.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Pretty sure you can just order EU cards off of UK Amazon. They should email you the codes and everything.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sammo21

@iamterics: No, I've tried that already as it tells me since I have an American account they can't sell it to me. I haven't tried doing it as a guest, if its even possible.

@fredddi43 I assumed Play-Asia only had Japanese/Asian stuff. I'll check them out.

GiroMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

To buy US PSN codes from Amazon.com from the UK I had to have an American delivery address set up. Just change my default address to the US one, go on amazon.com and they send me the code almost instantly. I imagine it's a similar process for the other way round.

LtGrimdark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

When buying European points you should always keep in mind that you need a PSN account that's registered to the right country. Points for UK accounts, for example, won't work for Spanish PSN accounts and vice versa.

That being said, I normally go through resellers on eBay. Most of them send you a scanned code within an hour after you purchased it.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltgrimdark: I have separate accounts for EU, Japanese, and US stores.

I just bought from Play-Asia, who I've imported through in the past, and the code was quickly emailed to me. I'll just stick to play-asia.com from now on for all of that since I know they do both JP and EU points.