N3onThr33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By N3onThr33

Hey, guys. 

I used to buy Playstation, N64, and older stuff like that from trollandtoad.com, but they don't sell games anymore. So I was wondering if you guys knew of any websites for buying older games other than Amazon or Ebay. Thanks.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By the8bitNacho

I find that it's so much more rewarding to wander into those independent game stores that sell older games and find what you're looking for.  That's like half the appeal of being a collector in my opinion. 

I'm really not sure of any sites at the moment.  You've ruled out eBay, but really, that's always going to be your best bet.

N3onThr33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By N3onThr33

The problem is that I have no stores like that around here that's less than 40 minutes away. 

My only thing about eBay is I don't like the auction part, I just want to buy something and be sure that I'm getting it.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By Icemael

Why don't you want to use Amazon? I've bought older games on there before, and it worked great.

N3onThr33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By N3onThr33
@Icemael: I know it works great, and I do buy from Amazon, but I want to know if there are other good websites for buying old games.
Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

Buying older games online,hands down.

themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By themartyr

Bear in mind that for eBay, you can always just go for the 'buy it now' option. That way, there is no auction, and you are sure you are getting it. This is how I usually use eBay, because I also hate having to wait until the last minute before I find out I have to look for a product all over again.

That said, I've only ever used Amazon/eBay, and an independent store in the next town over. However, the store's prices are usually just a little too high for me to buy from them all the time. Online is best because there is always the occasion when people don't place any value on old games, and you can get real bargains.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By ZenaxPure

I always use Half.com personally. Technically it is a part of ebay but it works differently (no bids, just straight buying) and has different merchandise. Honestly I like it more than ebay. I've gotten a lot of games on there insanely cheap.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@N3onThr33 said:
" Hey, guys.  I used to buy Playstation, N64, and older stuff like that from trollandtoad.com, but they don't sell games anymore. So I was wondering if you guys knew of any websites for buying older games other than Amazon or Ebay. Thanks. "
I got some older games..N64. Dreamcast. Stuff like that *Game cube* Might be a creepy question but where do ya live? I Want them to have a nice home and if you are pretty close I might be able to fedex em over. 
Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Cerza
www.classicvideogamesonline.com is pretty good. I've purchased several PS2, Saturn, and Sega CD games from them. They have shipped pretty quick every time and each game I have purchased has been in really good condition. Cheapassgamer is another great place to get old games from people either by purchasing them or trading for them.
sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By sixghost
@Kombat said:
" I find that it's so much more rewarding to wander into those independent game stores that sell older games and find what you're looking for.  That's like half the appeal of being a collector in my opinion.  I'm really not sure of any sites at the moment.  You've ruled out eBay, but really, that's always going to be your best bet. "
That's only true if you can find a good old game store. It gets old quick when 75% of the games you see are old sports games from 1998.