By fall 2021, there will be a racing game for PC/PS5/Xbox Series X, that appears to be like a love letter to Driveclub.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Hello there car lovers!

When I was browsing through racing game news on Traxion, there is an announcement of Gear.Club Unlimited 2 - Ultimate Edition for the PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and Nintendo Switch, which is scheduled to release by November 30th, 2021 and December 14th, 2021 in PAL and NTSC US Region respectively.

Here is the rough comparison that I will show up:

No Caption Provided

Link to the article: Gear.Club Unlimited 2 Ultimate Edition releasing on consoles, PC soon | Traxion

So my thoughts on this, I hope the developer for this game on all platforms will learn the mistakes from the original Gear.Club Unlimited 2 (2018) for Nintendo Switch are:

• Poor performance optimizations.
  • Loose control response.
  • Average driving model.
  • Graphics being underwhelming for Nintendo Switch's standards.

I remembered the original Gear.Club Unlimited was released back in 2017, it was described to be Nintendo Switch's equivalent to PlayStation 4's Gran Turismo Sport and Xbox One's Forza Motorsport 7 but the differences are:

• Gear.Club Unlimited mostly focuses on street-spec cars while taking places on closed public roads which includes coast, canyon, etc.
  • Gran Turismo Sport and Forza Motorsport 7 both mostly take place on racing circuits but sometimes on closed public roads while has a mixture of street-spec and circuit-spec cars for their roster.

So why do I reckon Eden Games' Gear.Club series is more similar to Evolution Studio's Driveclub? because they're both more focusing on performance road cars and taking place on closed public roads.