Can I DL GB videos to iPad to watch offline 4 a road trip?

Sillybigwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm taking a long road trip from PA to Florida and I wanted to know if there is any way to download videos from giant bomb and be able to watch it on my IPAD offline? Thank you for reading?

markem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By markem

Yessir! There's a weird way to do it through the site, I bet - but I recommend the excellent Giant Bomb Video Buddy! You have to go to www.giantbomb.com/boxee for your subscriber code, then log in and put the code in for subscriber video.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think it's supposed to be a premium feature but I've never been able to do it and I'm premium. There's a download button under video descriptions but clicking that just opens the video on a black background for me.

markem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/ios-app-giant-bomb-video-buddy-545452/ I think I may use this every day :P

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I think it's supposed to be a premium feature but I've never been able to do it and I'm premium. There's a download button under video descriptions but clicking that just opens the video on a black background for me.

Right click > Save as

markem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By markem

@pinner458: yeeeeeah, it's dumb. Opening a media file in iOS has safari play it, even if it is the same link you would download. Www.Giantbomb.com/boxee would do trick using the video buddy app. The other way would be downloading them by right clicking, go save-as on a computer then put them on the iPad through iTunes into the video app

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark: @starvinggamer: I tried right click "save link as..." like you would do if you were getting a podcast but all I get is a .htm file. Windows 8 PC Google Chrome.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#9  Edited By Soap

I can not recommend the Giant Bomb Video Buddy enough. That thing is excellent and makes watching videos on the go amazingly easy. Get it!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@mark: @starvinggamer: I tried right click "save link as..." like you would do if you were getting a podcast but all I get is a .htm file. Windows 8 PC Google Chrome.

Left click download > Right click desired quality > Save as

guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

You first need to left-click the download button, then righ-click and "save link as" on the version you want (mobile is good enough for me, and saves a lot of space).

Just import those video files to itunes and sync, or maybe use the VLC app and sync the files over there.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Mister_V

Another vote for the Giantbomb video buddy for ios.

Can't recommend it highly enough.

Link

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By MEATBALL

The Giant Bomb Video Buddy app really is fantastic. Even when just streaming I tend to use it when I want to watch a video on my iPad. The app's download feature is also fantastic.

guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Sillybigwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just located the video buddy app. i thought it was a boxee app. thank you, i am traveling with my wife and mother in law to my nieces house in Florida for her first birthday. I'm looking foreword to the vacation, but not traveling with the in laws