Can someone help me figure out what game I'm thinking of?

Alejandrox42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alejandrox42

Hey everyone! Lately I've been remembering a section from a game, but can't remember for the life of me what the game actually was!

I remember reaching an area with an elevator, but you are too heavy to ride the elevator with your current equipment, so to make the elevator work you must to drop your equipment. But the elevator wont work until you drop every single item you have found up until that point, eventually make your way back to everything you dropped.

If anyone else remembers this game, please let me know!

SkankinPacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@alejandrox42: Silent Hill 2 has a moment like that where you put all your items on a shelf to proceed down an elevator. That might be it?

iam16bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iam16bit

@Alejandrox42 For a moment I thought you were referring to Metal Gear Solid but I don't think that elevator sequence requires you to drop all your equipment. So I don't think that's the game your looking for.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Gaff

@alejandrox42: @iam16bit: knowing which platform (PlayStation, PC, and so on) and some more info would be nice...

But my hunch is that it is Metal Gear Solid, and that the OP is conflating the elevator fight sequence, that begins with a weight alarm, retrieving your gear after the torture scene and the amount of backtracking you do in that game.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Can you remember anything else about the game? Platform, era, aesthetic, perspective, genre, anything of that nature?

Alejandrox42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skankinpacman: Oh yeah! I that's the one! It was on my PC for sure, because I didn't get a console until after high school, and I bought Silent Hill 2 for PC when I was in Freshman year! Thanks a bunch!

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was it Biotic Wars ? I think you need to remove your gear before getting out of the elevator since standing and fighting the enemies at the top floor is suicide.

SkankinPacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By SkankinPacman