Can we get an introduction to Jan?

rcath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I feel like we know nothing about him. They should just make a video of him playing some games he likes.

I know the most about it from this podcast he did recently:

https://soundcloud.com/the1099/episode-129-jan-ochoa-on-giant-bomb-mythbusters-and-personality-based-media

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://www.giantbomb.com/articles/welcome-the-newest-member-of-giant-bomb-jan-ochoa/1100-5646/ ?

Lumbermancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You can't know a man until you see him play video games.

rcath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaff said:

https://www.giantbomb.com/articles/welcome-the-newest-member-of-giant-bomb-jan-ochoa/1100-5646/ ?

Do you think you can be accurately summed up in a chintzy small article like that?

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason took a long time getting used to making sure he had the production stuff on lock before he started showing up more and more on camera, just be patient.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New producers usually spend a good amount of time nailing their role down before they get on camera. Anyone remember how long until Drew got comfortable to do it?

I'm sure we will see plenty of Monsieur Ochoa and his performing meerkats very soon. We are talking about the same guy right?

Moderp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this is just a product of having such a unique website like giant bomb... the guy is in a position where he is literally off camera all the time and so the only time where we get to know him more is just those subtle talks on the cast or silly features here and there... it'll come with time unless he doesn't put himself in conversations you know

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rcath said:

I feel like we know nothing about him.

And why exactly should you know anything about him? His job is as a producer, and he's doing it, that's about it.

But as other said it will come with time, if he so feels like it, but asking for this is just silly.

Avatar image for terminallychill
terminallychill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By terminallychill

While I'd love to see Jan playing some games, I agree with everyone saying he should have time to get settled. He's a producer first and foremost and who knows how comfortable he would be with being thrust in the spotlight.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

It would be cool to see more of him, but if he doesn't want to be in the spotlight he shouldn't have to be.

ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By ToxicAntidote

They're probably making sure that he knows and get used to all the essential parts of being a producer on the team.

I don't know if this was the case, but I do have a vague memory of Drew and Jason switching positions during UPF more often when Dan and Jason got hired. That said, the studio layout was different back then, so maybe it was easier. And Jason also already had experience from very similar productions back at GI. That probably makes up for some difference on the learning curve.

We will probably hear and see more of him in 2018, when he's settled.

Edit: Based on what was said in the interview of Jan on 1099, Jan is a long time fan of GB, and is looking forward to participate more in the future. So there's really no need to worry, we will get more Jan-time eventually.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mythdark: Jan time. Holy shit, the feature name is already so on lock.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onarum said:

@rcath said:

And why exactly should you know anything about him? His job is as a producer, and he's doing it, that's about it.

But as other said it will come with time, if he so feels like it, but asking for this is just silly.

It's almost like this is a personality driven site or something.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

It would be nice to have a stream where Jan plays some games that he really likes and we can have some good on air time with him. You could call it something like....That's My Jan..........<looks directly straight without flinching>.......

I wrote that, because I wanted to make that joke.

If I remember correctly, it took a while before Jason was in front of the camera regularly. Maybe Jan is just going through a phase like that. That said, I would like to see him do more creative stuff, mainly because I'm curious if that would lead to some new type of content from Giant Bomb West.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Someone's got a crush on Jan!

It's me.

TuxedoCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TuxedoCruise

@onarum said:

@rcath said:

Probably the same reason why Abby's background in improv was a hiring point, even though GB East was primarily looking for a producer. Vinny and Jeff have stated that her skills in improv would be useful on camera.

GB is a personality driven site, and even behind-the-scene rolls have occasional on-mic/on-camera commitments. Vinny, Jason, Drew, and Abby are producers, yet they've been on numerous GB features already. Even Rorie, who is technically community management and tech support goes on camera often.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux: It's almost like he's a person and not an asset or something.

@tuxedocruise: Doesn't change the fact that all people need is a bit of patience.

Besetment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I didn't think I wanted more Jan until he suddenly appeared on the GOTY deliberations, but then barely said anything.

Way to get my hopes up, guys.

TuxedoCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onarum said:

@tuxedocruise: Doesn't change the fact that all people need is a bit of patience.

I never disputed that sentiment. My entire response was addressing the thought that because Jan was hired as a producer, that he should only be doing that role. When that hasn't been the case for any hired GB producer.

Avatar image for cursethesemetalhands
CurseTheseMetalHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jan is the one new hire since Ryan's passing that I actually really like. Let's not screw that up.

SeriuzBiznus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I would definitely appreciate more Jan-centric content. From listening to 1099 and the small inputs on GB content he's had so far, I love this duder already. Also he's a #TeamKnife man. Best hire confirmed.