Can you "Sell" platform accounts?

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hey duders,

I was thinking about this earlier today. I no longer own a Switch, but the account I used to use on there had a ton of in-demand games, same with my Steam account, same with my Playstation account.

Please note, I'm not trying to actively sell the accounts on this thread, I'm just wondering if it's actually possible? I could use the money, and I'm never going to buy a Switch/Gaming PC again, so like...can you actually sell these accounts anywhere?

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SethMode

I don't see why you couldn't. As long as you're comfortable providing whomever you're selling the account to with your username and a login password, what is stopping you? Just make sure you scrub the account of all your payment stuff. Also, you can only switch accounts I believe one time a year, so, buyer/seller beware.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Unofficially; yes, you can. At least with platforms that let you change your email, it would be pretty simple.

Officially, you can't. Most platform accounts' EULA specify they and its sales are not transferable, and if they get wind of you doing it, they will simply ban your account. You can't even give it as an inheritance to your next of kin.