Cannot stop thinking about the ending (spoilers obviously)

DavidSnakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DavidSnakes

Man what an emotional rollercoaster the end of Deadly Premonition became.  I'm not interested in the details of the plot; I don't care about Kaysen's motivations or Red Tree Group or whatever.  That doesn't mean anything.  What continues to strike a chord with me is how earnest and heartbreaking the York/Zach/Emily relationship became.  The scene with child York being comforted by child Zach was amazingly well done.  And the closing scene's with Zach alone in the world after York and Emily are together, again, wonderfully executed.  Deadly Premonition has a ridiculous and stupid plot, but the humanity invested in its central characters is astounding to me.  All of Heavy Rain's motion capture and facial scanning and million dollar technology couldn't produce an ounce of the character in this game.  Game of the year so far.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Jost1

I can't speak to the ending as I haven't played it but the gameplay is atrociously bad. I like the story and the weird characters but you can't possibly claim that the gameplay is good. People complained about the gameplay in RE5 but surely it's miles beyond what's on display here.