They've added a video for day 3. It's special. www.holidaybullshit.com

InverseMatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By InverseMatrix

It looks like the envelopes are purposely colored. To what end....hell if I know, haha. Here's what I got.

Day 3 (Interfaith Circle Jerk): G, R, R, G, G, Y, Y, G | Corner | G, G, P, Y, P, Y, Y, P, Y, P, G, Y, P, Y, G, R, R, | Corner | P, G, R, G, G, Y, P, G, P, P | Corner | P, Y, G, P, P, Y, P, P, P, Y, G, G, P, P

Day 4 (Clusterfuck): G, P, P, G, G, P, G, G, R | Corner | P, P, P, G, G, P, P, R, R, P, R, P, Y, Y, P, Y, Y, P, G, P | Corner | P, G, G, Y, G, G, P, R, R, P, P, | Corner | Y, Y, R, P, R, P, P, P, G, G, P, Y, P, P, P, Y

The envelope has pictures of 4 dog-bird hybrids on it. I'm betting the pictures are just jokes though.

misswench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By misswench

@dxflounder: I already messaged them about it. It is not the 12 Days of Christmas. They say we will know it when we see it

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@dxflounder: I already messaged them about it. It is not the 12 Days of Christmas. They say we will know it when we see it

Disinformation!

ErkMeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like the envelopes are purposely colored. To what end....hell if I know, haha. Here's what I got.

Day 3 (Interfaith Circle Jerk): G, R, R, G, G, Y, Y, G | Corner | G, G, P, Y, P, Y, Y, P, Y, P, G, Y, P, Y, G, R, R, | Corner | P, G, R, G, G, Y, P, G, P, P | Corner | P, Y, G, P, P, Y, P, P, P, Y, G, G, P, P

Day 4 (Clusterfuck): G, P, P, G, G, P, G, G, R | Corner | P, P, P, G, G, P, P, R, R, P, R, P, Y, Y, P, Y, Y, P, G, P | Corner | P, G, G, Y, G, G, P, R, R, P, P, | Corner | Y, Y, R, P, R, P, P, P, G, G, P, Y, P, P, P, Y

The envelope has pictures of 4 dog-bird hybrids on it. I'm betting the pictures are just jokes though.

4 Collie Birds I bet is what it is. lol I just got my coal today so now I have day 1-3

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Nothing here yet. I don't know if I'm just at the end of the list or if my shitty post office is up to its usual fuckery.

watertails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By watertails

Give it time. I just got my first envelope today.

spookz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't received my lump of coal yet, but I just got my Clusterfuck envelope. There were two "Welcome to the sex party." flyers in my envelope. Packaging mistake or intentional? Anyone else?

ajkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we are all getting these cards in different orders. Today was coal for me: Consumption was first, followed by interfaith on day 2.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

@ajkent said:

I think we are all getting these cards in different orders. Today was coal for me: Consumption was first, followed by interfaith on day 2.

Well, we are talking about the US Mail here. Some variance is to be expected.

kiapurity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ajkent: Same for me. I'm highly amused by the coal, however.

Messier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first and only thing I've gotten so far is the coal that came yesterday. I'm in NYC. Nothing Monday or today.

WhytePanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, are the day 2 and 4 envelopes larger than the day 1 and 3 envelopes? Were there any CAH cards included in them? The videos for Day 1 and 3 have both directly referenced one of the cards within them ("These low, low prices", and "The Hawaiian goddess Kapo and her flying detachable vagina.", albeit without saying that line exactly)... There has to be something else in common with these two cards.

Beb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@xeiphyer said:

Still haven't received anything yet. Goddamn Canada.

Same here.

ramiam402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I received Coal and Interfaith circlejerk today, other than the designs on the front I haven't noticed anything odd. Anyone notice anything with the coal or is it just coal?

J_Sensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for darth_paratrooper
darth_paratrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Literally just spent 15 minutes digging through my garbage to recover the envelope and cellophane pouch. This better be good!

mtthwclgn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video for day 3 says you can't see kabob without a mirror. I've looked at all the cards in the mirror and didn't see anything but someone may wanna double check me.

captcrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inversematrix, @whytepanther: take another look at the envelope. You've missed something about the colors.

There's *five* different colors. (At least on Day 1 which is the only one I've received so far.) red, yellow, green, blue, purple

At first I thought I was imagining it (as did my wife) but if you look really closely you'll see the lighter blue is noticeably dithered and the purple is solid. And to make double sure I wasn't crazy I scanned the envelope and examined the colors in photoshop. There are two different but distinct colors.

Here's what I got for day 1: GBBGGYRYVYBYVRYVVRYYBRRVYGBYGYVVGYRGGVYBVYRYVYGYY

WhytePanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captcrax: I absolutely accept the possibility that my eyes were been off. It would explain my original confusion about the colors, and as I said, it was super late.

Avatar image for frankpapageorgio
FrankPapageorgio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By FrankPapageorgio

@inversematrix said:

4 dog-bird hybrids? Are you sure it's not four birds of some sort?

My Day 1 envelope definitely had one bird in a tree that grows something, and my Day 3 envelope had three western european chickens on the front eating bread and wine.

http://imgur.com/a/Ghq63

It's clearly a 12 days of christmas theme with the drawings.

Stevie_Fazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Stevie_Fazz

I've only received one envelope so far.

No Caption Provided

jinandtonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By jinandtonic

My second envelope wasn't in order I got the partridge in a pear tree with a fried egg at the bottom but today I got 6 geese a laying I'll examine the envelope more closely see if there's anything more helpful

jinandtonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By jinandtonic

Oops sorry didn't know there was a second page and people already posted about the geese. Sorry!

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I just got Days 2 and 3 in the mail. I haven't the slightest idea where this could be going.

ArcadiaExeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got day 2 and 3 today and i got day one yesterday. my best guess is that the lights on the envelope are what we should be paying attention to. and yes i know im just repeating what everyone else has already talked about.

also if you look on the back of each envelope it tells you when and from where each shipped, so the envelopes from brockton are different than the ones from sylmar. mostly i think because the ones from CA were done digitally.

emster12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got the first two today, partridge in a pear tree and two turtledoves - so anyone come up with a team name yet?

MaximusArtimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you really think the colors on the envelopes matter? That is some seriously insidious shit if it is true...

emster12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CAH does have the ability to be seriously insidious....we've seen them do it before....

dr_ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@emster12: Our team name is Duders Against Max Temkin

dr_ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey I don't know if this is anything but Day one was sent out of Sylmar CA, but the postage is marked Santa Clarita CA. Day two came from Brockton MA.

Jaimenjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got day and one two (clearly 12 days of Christmas themed envelopes) I am in MI and both was sent from MA. I don't think the location of where they were sent out matters. I think maybe something hidden in the photos.

Terance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone tried breaking the coal?

I just used a UV light on everything, including the coal, to see if anything glows. Couldn't find anything.

kiapurity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By kiapurity

I couldn't find my black light thingy -- go figure, I always lose it when I really need it.

Either way, I didn't get my fourth envelope today. Damn it. Maybe it'll show up with the fifth tomorrow.

Gfeltifish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Gfeltifish

I have not received the lump of coal yet, but the video says it weighs 28 grams (1 ounce). Can someone confirm it weighs this? If not, can it be split open? Or less simple, yet incredibly far of a stretch, pour acid on the coal to see if it reacts? http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/473k6-acid-poured-rock-coal-react.html

InverseMatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By InverseMatrix

@captcrax said:

@inversematrix, @whytepanther: take another look at the envelope. You've missed something about the colors.

There's *five* different colors. (At least on Day 1 which is the only one I've received so far.) red, yellow, green, blue, purple

At first I thought I was imagining it (as did my wife) but if you look really closely you'll see the lighter blue is noticeably dithered and the purple is solid. And to make double sure I wasn't crazy I scanned the envelope and examined the colors in photoshop. There are two different but distinct colors.

Here's what I got for day 1: GBBGGYRYVYBYVRYVVRYYBRRVYGBYGYVVGYRGGVYBVYRYVYGYY

That's totally possible. I'll have to take another look when I have a chance.

I do have a theory on the colors though.

Warning: I am almost assuredly wrong and crazy. None of what comes next should be taken as anything approaching "reasonable".

I have a suspicion that the colors can be translated into a message. Perhaps the colors can be taken as a number (like, Purple = 1, Yellow = 2, Red = 3, Green = 4 or something), then each side added up which gives a number that is then translated into a letter. Like I said, I'm sure I'm wrong.

Still, the colors being different on each envelope is either: 1) Incredibly significant or 2) A very dedicated red herring. That's too much photoshop work for it to be otherwise.

Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got my first envelope today (Conspicuous Consumption)! Let's crack this thing wide open.

ErkMeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if it has something to do with cancelling out each color that matches where it is placed on the other envelopes to make another code or something... Hmm... Just thinking.

None_Braver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they really step up their game for those of us, like me, who haven't even received a single envelope. I even checked my confirmation email and all the info was correct.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@none_braver: Likely due to the mail. That can't really be helped.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Wow... The fact that there's a really tightly timed contest going on around this makes me even more pissed that I have gotten jack shit as of today, yet others have gotten 3-4 days of these things. Means there's zero chance of me even competing in this as I'm going to be way behind and I'm not going to get to be apart of this. Man this blows.

phinneas8052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By phinneas8052

Here are the first three envelopes and contents. On the back of each envelope is a bulk-mail sort stamp with the date so you can tell what day they were shipped, so the order is clear. The images on the front are humorous interpretations of the 12 days of Christmas: A partridge in a pear tree, two turtle-doves, three french hens, and it sounds like someone got four collie-birds.

The second day is the coal which was mailed from MA and the video said it was coal from PA, so it makes sense to mail from close to there.

AcePin07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only received day 2's coal so far. I think we should also look at the videos more closely. I mean they're putting specific videos up for a reason. Maybe there's a link between the light patterns and the videos or the 12 days of Christmas theme and the videos?

emster12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_reflection I love it. But really let's make this happen and collectively win the prize.

Kinkie_Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Kinkie_Pie

I would like to get in on helping to solve this puzzle! My envelopes have been arriving late, though :( And out of order - I got the coal first, and Conspicuous Consumption second. That's it, so far. (I'm in NYC, btw.)

godfrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I received coal then circle jerk then after throwing away the first two envelopes I received day 1 conspicuous consumption which stated do not throw anything away . Bites.

Kyle_Byrnes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Kyle_Byrnes

Just curious, What do you have on the front of your envelope? So far, I have two turtles humping each other and a tree with a nest that has had an egg fall out of it. I'm sure this will be important as well

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By ilikepopcans

Just got 2 and 3 today. Is it bad that i tried to taste the "coal"?