Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead is having its Kickstarter

mdnthrvst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

If you're not familiar with the game, it's an open source, open world, post-apocalyptic survival roguelike (in the truest sense - turn based combat, overhead perspective, ASCII graphics with optional tile support) and it's been developed for the past seven months by a group of fans as a variant of the original Cataclysm (which Giant Bomb calls CataclysmRL for some reason). Here's a screenshot I took a few months ago (the game just reached version 0.6):

No Caption Provided

Since the game is open source, and you'll always be able to download it and play it completely for free, the campaign is rather modest - seven grand to hire on one of the developers full-time for three months, or longer if the campaign succeeds beyond its goal. It's really fun, and if the ASCII above turns you off, one of the first goals is finishing a graphical option that was left unfinished in the original Cataclysm.

I'm not a developer, though I've been following it pretty closely since it was a simple mod compilation for the original game.

If it sounds interesting, check out the campaign.