Choking on a pork steak

regmcfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Who would have thought that post Ryan Davis there would be a supreme world life experience.

I'm glad Abby is okay but her podcast chat on it has been one of the funniest things over heard ever.

regmcfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

"inform someone"

CapnThrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

"Chokin' on a pork steak outside the Tastee Freez..."

NameRedacted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Choking on a pork steak..." - My "Sexual Euphemisms" sense is tingling.

EMT here: In all seriousness, don't be like Abby: if your choking, do something about it immediately. Once you go unconscious (which will be faster than you think) you're wasting precious time (time lost is brain loss), making any rescue attempts harder / longer.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah I've had two choking incidents and it's terrifying. You quickly go from "hm, this food isn't swallowing" to terror very quickly. Luckily, I was able to dislodge it on my own both times, but it still left me pretty shaken. Glad Abby is ok, that shit sucks!

PortableDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This whole conversation terrified me. I don't think I have ever thought of the experience of choking beyond "going down the wrong pipe," and this penetrated that brain barrier. Glad Abby is ok!

ToughShed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ToughShed

I appreciated Abby taking a moment to say that. I was yelling in my head listening to it lol but I totally have been just like Abby before, especially when I was a bit younger. One time it did result in something not so dissimilar either too actually, in fact a bit worse.

Definitely don't worry about being awkward in this type of situation or interrupting people.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

The officiant at my wedding almost choked at our reception.

My wife's best friend's little sister did an EXPERT Heimleich, and no one even noticed until she told us later!