ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ztiworoh

From Slashfilm.com 

One vaguely disappointing aspect of Christopher Nolan’s film Inception was that, despite a lengthy video-game inspired training sequence in which Leonardo DiCaprio teaches Ellen Page how to physically manipulate a dream world, there isn’t much of that large-scale manipulation in the scenes that follow. (There’s a lot of flying about, yes, but not so much of the street-bending stuff.)

A perfect home for further street-warping adventures in the world of dreams would be a video game. Don’t worry: Christopher Nolan is (possibly) way ahead of us in thinking about it.

As quoted in Variety while doing press for Inception in Italy, Nolan recently said,

…one thing we are looking at doing is developing a video game based on the world of the film, which has all kinds of ideas that you can’t fit into a feature film…That’s something we’ve been talking about and are looking at doing long-term, in a couple of years.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ajamafalous

How would that even work?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By BeachThunder

I'm pretty sure Tim Schafer already did that =/

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

Yeah, you know what would make a great movie ever better? A crappy game.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By sagesebas

The type of stuff that inception does, would probably be logistically very, very hard to do in a videogame. Probably won't ever happen

ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ztiworoh
@ajamafalous: I'd be interested if it was something more like Minecraft actually... imagine a shooter in which you can build/edit the world on the fly. I mean, a lot of the things going on in Inception were very similar to how you'd go about designing a level of a game anyway.
zymase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By zymase

Great idea, likely will never happen.  But we'll always have Minecraft....

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By zeforgotten

I would make an Inception game if I knew how to make games. 
then I would just loop the same 5 minutes of the first level over and over again to make it a 120+ hours game and my excuse "Inception, it's like a dream within a dream within a dream...etc." 

Avatar image for griefersstolemykeyboard
griefersstolemykeyboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Press X to dream.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By valrog

Nolan North should be one of the voice actors.

Nolan-Nolan combination... *Gasp* This would be so Epiiiic!

yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By yoctoyotta
@uskomaton said:
" Am I the only one who didn't like that Matrix ripoff? And on that note, look how well the Matrix games did and that's about how well this should do. "
I hated Inception because the plot is full of lazy conveniences that I'd be ashamed of as a writer, but don't tell that to anyone, they'll take offense and start telling you that you just don't get it, man.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By TheGreatGuero
Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dylabaloo
@zymase:   
apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By apathylad
@BeachThunder said:
" I'm pretty sure Tim Schafer already did that =/ "
Hm..you mix Psychonauts with Uncharted and you can get Inceptions action sequences.
mowgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mowgers

Easy. Gameplay is half adventure game half stealth-actioner. Each mission is a heist. The adventure game part is the setup, finding the info, questioning the subjects subconscious. The stealthy action part is acquiring the data, it'd be like Hitman. Do it right, don't make the subconscious aware of your presence, everything goes smoothly. If something goes wrong you have to fight your way out. Don't try to be overly philosophical or clever, just use the world as a way to incorporate some good adventure elements and action gameplay. It could work, provided it had nothing directly to do with the film, none of the characters etc. 

Failing that, a pure adventure game with Eames as the main character.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Jack268

I think Inception is better fit as a video game than as a movie. I guess the fact it was  a movie before a game makes it auto lame though. Maybe they can score a DECENT developer who wants to make a good game and not farm cash from people. 

People doubted War For Cybertron when the first trailer was shown, and that turned out well. So did Batman Arkham Asylum. Movies->Good games isn't impossible anymore(even though neither of those follow the plot of the movie, which the game Nolan speaks of doesn't seem to either so it's all good). 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17  Edited By KaosAngel

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By foggel

I would check it out.

Avatar image for tiger_buttercup
Tiger_Buttercup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By Tiger_Buttercup
@ztiworoh: That has potential to be pretty awesome. I think the inception name would bring a certain expectation and studio influence and the end result wouldn't be an awesome physics sandbox.
yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By yoctoyotta
@uskomaton said:
" @YoctoYotta said:
" @uskomaton said:
" Am I the only one who didn't like that Matrix ripoff? And on that note, look how well the Matrix games did and that's about how well this should do. "
I hated Inception because the plot is full of lazy conveniences that I'd be ashamed of as a writer, but don't tell that to anyone, they'll take offense and start telling you that you just don't get it, man. "
Well, at least I'm not alone. And yeah, I get it just fine, in fact it was very easy movie to follow.  Of course it also reminds me of this one RPG session I had, years back, where we kept "waking up" when the GM noticed that we weren't exactly thrilled with the direction the story was going. (Crashed UFO exploration in a gritty espionage type world etc.) "
Yes, it was all just a dream, my favorite cop out. You know, now re-reading my post from last night, I'd like to clarify I didn't hate the movie in the same way I hate things like Nazi's and pedophiles, hate's a strong word, but it sure isn't one of the greatest movies of all time like everyone was screaming. I also have never been a big fan of the Juno girl and brother guy from 3rd Rock from the Sun's acting chops, so they kinda had me wincing more often than I would have otherwise.  The zero-g fight scenes and some of the gimmicky CGI stuff with the city bending on itself were pretty cool from a technical perspective though. I think those two things would make for pretty awesome game mechanics with or without the Inception license, but they're such a small part of the movie and so specific to certain events that an Inception game would really have to stretch it to take any sort of advantage of them.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Maybe you play three levels with one controller at the same time.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By vidiot

I think the translation from film to game would be perfect if placed in the correct hands. Perhaps a shooter with adventure elements akin to a Starbreeze game? Or a situation where you creatively build the environment for the subject prior to the mission, then execute the plan and adapt to what the game throws at you. 

Who am I kidding. They'll probably copy the mechanics of Gears of War, slap "Inception" on the cover, then toss it out.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

The final boss is grief.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#24  Edited By Jazz
@YoctoYotta said:
" @uskomaton said:
I hated Inception because the plot is full of lazy conveniences that I'd be ashamed of as a writer, but don't tell that to anyone, they'll take offense and start telling you that you just don't get it, man. "
Oh thank fuck I'm not the only one who thinks this.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ArchScabby

I want to play the van level.