[Chrome Extension] GBx - Add individual videos to your watchlist, light theme, and more...

TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By TheAdmin

Hey desktop users, GBx is a chrome (and Brave) extension with the following features:

• Individual videos can now be added to your "My Watchlist" page
  • The light theme can now be enabled
  • A lightly updated homepage layout with user customization
    • Reorder, enable, or disable the different sections
    • New "Recently played" section shows the games that the staff have most recently been playing
    • This Day in Giant Bomb History is now sorted in chronological order

Link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gbx/gaokookknjnmknngccmageaapfmahlei

Screenshots:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I hope you enjoy using it. Let me know if there are any additional features you'd like to see or if you run into any issues. Thanks for checking it out!

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

This looks great! I love the "recently played" section — are you just capturing the video associations from the API to populate that?

TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conmulligan: Yep. I get the last few weeks of videos, excluding podcasts, "best of", etc. Then I take the associations from those and count how many times they appear and sort by that first. Then I take that list and order it by number of staff who are playing it, with most first. You should totally put it into your app too :)

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@theadmin: Haha, yeah I was gonna say, definitely putting this on my To-Do list.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@theadmin said:

• This Day in Giant Bomb History is now sorted in chronological order

do i have permission to kiss you

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 14

#6 Humanity  Online

They said it couldn't be done, they said a light theme would never be seen on Giant Bomb again.. I mean I don't personally use it but great news for people that do.

This all looks really great. Community members putting in some serious work on this site lately!

TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_nubster: haha sure. I hope you enjoy using it. And to everyone, let me know if there are more features you’d like to see.

VVarbler89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Can you make the UI intuitive enough and air tight to the point that video data isn't artificially gated to 3rd party aggregate? The end result would be subjective but in theory feasible.

JerKnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can Chrome extensions be used with firefox?

TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheAdmin

Can you make the UI intuitive enough and air tight to the point that video data isn't artificially gated to 3rd party aggregate? The end result would be subjective but in theory feasible.

I'm not sure I understand the request.

@jerknuts said:

Can Chrome extensions be used with firefox?

I don't think they can, but if enough FF users would like to use these features I could look into build a Firefox version.

VVarbler89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theadmin: sorry. In gaming when you gate progress, it is like spending money, but you can't keep track of it and you don't know where it goes. Thankfully button mashing has never bankrupted someone, but extensions like this have some queer idea of where your money is going. It's kind of like talking to a doctor. You insinuate a need, but instead of directly addressing you, the request is filtered through channel after channel of whoop-dee-woos and what you're left with is not what you set out for. In a perfect world, we would get the content, no fuss, no muss. I'm just saying, if I download this thing, will I have some control over what turns into fodder for google, or does premium content rule that possibility out somehow?