Classic Spooky Giant Bomb Videos

Avatar image for lonelyspacepanda
LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 11

Hi all, I been having a blast rewatching the Phantasmagoria: Puzzle of Flesh playthrough which is even funnier than I remember. And then I remembered that Friday the 13th NES playthrough with Patrick and Ryan I should rewatch. Are there any other old GB videos themed around horror games/films I should check out? Nothing is coming to mind but I'm sure longtime fans will have some recommendations here, so please share!

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

Avatar image for deactivated-647f76b346730
deactivated-647f76b346730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@eccentrix: uh...is Fear Guantlet not on the site? This is the first I've seen of this and can't seem to find it except on the YouTube link you provided. Weird! I didn't start watching Giant Bomb till 2015 and I went through from the beginning of the videos and watched pretty much everything over a few years...always a nice surprise to find more content. Thanks much!

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@captubaplayer: It's a weird obscure Youtube-exclusive series from when they had the interns running the channel. Always nice to introduce it to people.

Avatar image for deactivated-647f76b346730
deactivated-647f76b346730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eccentrix: appreciate the additional details. Thanks much!

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't know if it counts as a "classic Giant Bomb video" and it doesn't really have much of the Giant Bomb cast in it, but the only other thing that came to my mind, outside of the obvious Spookin' with Scoops stuff, was the part of the Extra Life 2014 stream where Jason makes his wife sit through P.T. with Samantha and Ian.

Charongreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Besetment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I remember fear gauntlet, and I don't think it was ever on the site. I always thought of it like fan content, but instead of fans it has interns.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By splodge

Have you watched the first phantasmagoria game play through with Vinny and dave snider? Probably one of my top 5 vids on the site.

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/random-pc-game-phantasmagoria-part-01/2300-5406/

LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@splodge said:

Have you watched the first phantasmagoria game play through with Vinny and dave snider? Probably one of my top 5 vids on the site.

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/random-pc-game-phantasmagoria-part-01/2300-5406/

Oh yes, it holds a special place in my heart as I think it came out around Christmas break and I remember watching while out of school so makes me nostalgic around that time of year and rewatch it.

Ghostship Aftermath is a good one. Iirc, that was the real start of Drew & Dan combo.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I remember fear gauntlet, and I don't think it was ever on the site. I always thought of it like fan content, but instead of fans it has interns.

I recall Jeff G has said that it was hard for them to find interesting work for the interns to do at times, but man, I wish with all these contract employees they could find room to do a few more college internships in current-era Giant Bomb.

The landscape now is so different compared to 2009-2011 Whiskey Media Giant Bomb, and college-age digital media/journalism kids these days would likely be already proficient with some version of putting content up via Youtube/Twitch/Tiktok/IG whatever, and they'd just need to adapt that to GB's formula a bit.

Also I just want to see zoomer energy clash with all the Gen X/millennial energy that the site usually has. Chaos.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oobir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's always the classic Sleeping Dogs DLC Quick Look of "pick up the purse" fame where everything is haunted. Good way to spend an hour and a half.

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only spooky Giant Bomb video that matters is of the time that Ben launched a cup at Jeff using a telekinesis.

LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only spooky Giant Bomb video that matters is of the time that Ben launched a cup at Jeff using a telekinesis.

LOL Wow, now that is a deep cut.

Avatar image for butterednoodles
butterednoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@excitable_misunderstood_genius said:

LOL Wow, now that is a deep cut.

Link for those who have not seen. Warning: spooky content.