Clicker game tactics

sunie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sunie

So yesterday, I downloaded the Office Space idle game. First off, it's amazing how well the movie's premise fits in the idle genre, and I really like the cartoon versions of all the actors. But it does bring up a question that I always have when playing these games: How to be the most efficient?

• Do you upgrade a single source of income until you can't, and then move over to the next?
  • Do you buy all resources as soon as they pop up?
  • Do you buy cheapest up, or most expensive down?
  • Do you prestige/reset/burn the office/nuke the world as soon as you can or do you generally wait until the numbers are higher?
  • Do you let it idle or do you hawkeye the screen for every little icon that pops up that gives you a quick bonus?
  • Does it even matter as long as the numbers go up?
  • Am I overthinking this? I'm overthinking this, aren't I.

I'd love to hear your input!

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I think most of what you ask are exactly the variables that separate different games.

I have not played the Office Space clicker but there are some universal idle game tactics:

• soft-reset as often as possible
  • after you soft-reset you can sit down and be an active maker, but generally idle games work best if you wait for a bit and come back every ten to twenty minutes.
  • there are no fail states. If anything the fail state is taking a day to get to a place that could have been achieved in an hour or two.
  • Sometimes idle games give you a reason to upgrade older items but you want to focus on the newer upgrades.
DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By DinosaurCanada

For purely getting clicks up I'm a fan of the two-finger or "drum-roll" techniques

sunie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dinosaurcanada: I tap my phone like I'm a saxophone player on speed XD Like 8 fingers if the game allows that many inputs.

sunie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monetarydread: I think where you said items, I said resources. Basically the things that make the numbers go up. I thought the things I mentioned were much more widespread!

Sound advice, thanks!