Cliffy B predicts death of Nintendo's hardware in 5 years.

• 135 results
nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#101  Edited By nightriff

@blu3v3nom07: I feel like we are having our own conversation without anyone else noticing, like ghosts trying to communicate with the living

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I think the people that were waiting for the killer app for the Wii U will now just spend their cash on PS4\Xbox 3, Nintendo needed to have that at launch with the Wii U they must of known the PS4\Xbox 3 were going to be announced soon, Nintendo Land was a huge mistake for them, they needed Wii U Sports and Wii Fitness at launch, those games were the reason Wii sold as much as it did.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It is really telling of the Wii U's success that the big games coming out for the PS3/Xbox 360 (Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, GTA5, etc.) are not coming out on the Wii U. If only Nintendo supports this console their is no point in continuing the home hardware space.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we finally killed a server. @nightriff: I saw the first post ever the other day, its all Test. Its amazing.. It had to die sometime.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07: I don't know what is going on but I have to go to bed, work early in the morning, I was hoping to see the end of the time loop but I guess I'll wake up in a different world tomorrow...maybe

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightriff: I have 4 limbo messages. Its great. Later.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07: Its weird, I have 9 phantom messages on my Mac but none on my PC, whatever, have fun as a ghost, try to communicate with some people

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

The only problem I see is that they got "lucky" with the wii. The N64, Gamecube and now WiiU were all "losers" in the race. Also a dedicated mobile gaming device seems less and less attractive. Consoles are a different story in my opinion as they deliver a very different experiebce from pc and you don't have the hassle of needing to check if your hardware is good enough.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If Nintendo can't sell a satisfactory number of Wii U consoles in 3 years then the Nintendo executives will have two options, they either release a new console that is on par with the other two next gen consoles in terms of power or they quit the hardware business and become a publisher much like Sega did. Given how long this current generation of consoles has lasted lagging behind by two years with an equally powerful console might not be too bad especially if they can get the same level of support from 3rd parties.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

wouldnt it depend on how well they hang in there with the handhelds? It's not like the WiiU is all they have.

Anyway, we are in for a bloody show over the next year or two in gaming.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If anyone goes it will be Microsoft.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By mordukai

@kaosangel:

A. I never claimed the guy wasn't smart. Actually I think the guy has some pretty smart views, if the podcasts I listened to where he was on are any indications.

B. So the guy has a history in games. Big fucking whoopty do. Doesn't mean he gets a pass.

but, we live in a democracy, so the government keeps telling us, and he can say whatever the fuck is on his mind. As I've said before, I think he's actually quite a smart cat but to me it seems every time a public outlet is in front of him then his ego takes over.

@jasonr86: You took what was suppose to be a rather cynical remark meant more as a joke rather then actual observation and gave waaaaaay more meaning then what it's suppose to have. Also as you said, every journalist that met him seem to say nothing but good things on him so it to me it seems that he plays into his "online persona" way too much. I just wish he will be more of himself rather then what people thinks he is suppose to be.

Mendelson9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I remember people like Cliffy saying the same thing during the GameCube era. Never count Nintendo out.

As a Nintendo fan, I would not mind if they went 3rd party. As long as they keep making fun game.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I can play Mario games on my Xbox in 5 years?

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#116  Edited By big_jon

Holy hell the Nintendo hate in here is really annoying me....

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Wii U is a complete and utter failure and the iPad / iPhone is killing the DS / PSP market. Unless they replace the Wii U in less than 2 years I think they'll be out of hardware.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see them getting out of consoles, but not a chance in hell they get out of hardware all together. They make shit loads on handhelds, especially in Japan.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

@mordukai:

...oh. Fair enough. Text has, and always will, make it hard for idiots like me to get the underlying meanings behind sentences.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#120  Edited By Hailinel

I remember people like Cliffy saying the same thing during the GameCube era. Never count Nintendo out.

As a Nintendo fan, I would not mind if they went 3rd party. As long as they keep making fun game.

Never count Nintendo out, and never count on Cliffy to foretell the future with any accuracy.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@dudy80 said:

I could see them getting out of consoles, but not a chance in hell they get out of hardware all together. They make shit loads on handhelds, especially in Japan.

Yeah with the 3DS doing as well as it is I don't see them not following through with another handheld in 5-6 years. The GBA was keeping them afloat during the Gamecube days. I also don't quite see the WiiU being their final console, unless something truly drastic happens. I still see them giving it at least one more go with another console and then stopping manufacturing and support early like Dreamcast/Virtual Boy if that one bombs out the gate.

I mean if WiiU sales don't pick up when actually games that people want starting coming out later this year, like the Mario Galaxy follow-up, then I could maybe see Nintendo canning the WiiU early and trying to catch up to Microsoft and Sony in terms of graphical power (specifically to appease the 3rd parties) but only if those consoles are selling well and even then its a longshot for Nintendo to gambling on pissing-off existing WiiU owners that much.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind them getting out of making consoles, let them make their handheld hardware, and then focus on releasing console games as a third-party developer. I want to like Nintendo games, but I haven't seen much value in the neither the Wii or the Wii U. So if I could play them on my 360 and PS3 (or the PS4 and the NeXtBOX) I would be happy.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Out of curiosity does anyone know how many consoles the Dreamcast ended up selling?

I figure they have longer than 5 years in them but who knows maybe he's right. Would be kinda a bummer since I really like my 3DS.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@sooty said:

If anyone goes it will be Microsoft.

lol, they would be the last to go. They make obscene amounts of money of just Xbox Live subscriptions plus people on the Xbox buy more games than other console owners.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I totally agree with him, Nintendo had a chance to be ahead of everyone else if the Nintendo Wii U was on par with the specs of the PS4, instead they made a console less powerful than the 360 a console thats 8 years old.

I really can't see Nintendo recycling their IPs lasting forever if they don't decide to create new ones as well.

Citation needed good sir, as far as I've heard the Wii U is faster than the PS3 / 360.

Alekss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't everyone say that PC gaming will die and consoles are the future just a few years ago? And now that smarthphones are popular everyone keeps saying consoles will be greatly affected and everyone will play on iOS. God people are so stupid....

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdh5153 said:

The Wii U is a complete and utter failure and the iPad / iPhone is killing the DS / PSP market. Unless they replace the Wii U in less than 2 years I think they'll be out of hardware.

It's too early to go that far dude. So far it's been a very mild success, though that's obviously not going to be enough. As much as I like my Wii U so far, I think this entire experience will be very humbling / good for Nintendo. 90% of people know very little about the Wii U (this board included) but there are still some very legitimate criticisms that I recognize as well. I think it's silly to say that this will be their last console, though I don't expect it to do very well. Like I said earlier, I think this entire deal will be really eye opening and good for Nintendo and depending on how the next couple years go I expect some interesting business changes from them.

It also doesn't help that they have almost completely failed to market the system on any recognizable level whatsoever.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@sathingtonwaltz said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

I totally agree with him, Nintendo had a chance to be ahead of everyone else if the Nintendo Wii U was on par with the specs of the PS4, instead they made a console less powerful than the 360 a console thats 8 years old.

I really can't see Nintendo recycling their IPs lasting forever if they don't decide to create new ones as well.

Citation needed good sir, as far as I've heard the Wii U is faster than the PS3 / 360.

Here is where I got my info from, but I just need to look at Arkham City on 360 and Wii U side by side, terrible framerate, or just navigate the laggy menus it is all down to a terrible CPU, none of the major games coming this year aren't developing for it.

It is pretty much a Nintendo IP box from here on out, if those are your kind of games you will love it.

The console has almost been out 5 months and what was the last Wii U game GB covered?

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

@bourbon_warrior said:

@sathingtonwaltz said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

Here is where I got my info from, but I just need to look at Arkham City on 360 and Wii U side by side, terrible framerate, or just navigate the laggy menus it is all down to a terrible CPU, none of the major games coming this year aren't developing for it.

It is pretty much a Nintendo IP box from here on out, if those are your kind of games you will love it.

The console has almost been out 5 months and what was the last Wii U game GB covered?

Why would you use a terrible multiplatformport as some kind of indication of the systems hardware capabilities? I'm not even remotely saying that the Wii U is a powerhouse or anything but your just being ignorant of the facts.

There are a lot of games that the GB crew don't cover for various reasons, their lack of Nintendo coverage isn't anything new.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@sathingtonwaltz said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

@sathingtonwaltz said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

Why would you use a terrible multiplatformport as some kind of indication of the systems hardware capabilities? I'm not even remotely saying that the Wii U is a powerhouse or anything but your just being ignorant of the facts.

There are a lot of games that the GB crew don't cover for various reasons, their lack of Nintendo coverage isn't anything new.

Because Nintendo wanted me too, they brought out Arkham City as their flagship 3rd party launch title, they even brought them out at their E3 conference. And in practice it was worse than the 360 and PS3 versions that came out a year before hand.

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

@sathingtonwaltz said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

@sathingtonwaltz said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

Because Nintendo wanted me too, they brought out Arkham City as their flagship 3rd party launch title, they even brought them out at their E3 conference. And in practice it was worse than the 360 and PS3 versions that came out a year before hand.

Yes, indeed it was. I said it was a terrible multiplatform port.It's not indicative at all of the hardware's capabilities though, it was an awful port.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be more interesting to see a scenario where Nintendo retreats from the console market and focus entirely on handhelds and games on that platform.

NinjaBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cliffy should stop wasting time talking to gaming press and make some damn games.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait for Mario and Master Chief adventures in The Mushroom Kingdom. Only for Kinect!

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe, i don't really think so.