Collector's Editions

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By skyline7284

So today i picked up the Alan Wake Collector's Edition for $45 and it's actually really neat.  Full on novel thing, soundtrack, the game, dlc, making of videos etc. and it got me thinking, how some collector's editions seem more rare then others.  For instance i still see the Brothers in Arms Collector's editions at Best Buy, but i never see like Fallout ones.

What are some of the better Collector's Editions that you've gotten?

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Halo Reach's was super nice. Fable 3 came with a slick case modelled on a book, a coin like the Guild Seal, and a deck of playing cards. But yeah, Alan Wake was probably my favourite CE.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By rjayb89

I got the Arkham Asylum one for like $50. Someday, I will remove the stand on the batarang and kill a bird with it.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DystopiaX
@GunslingerPanda said:
" Halo Reach's was super nice. Fable 3 came with a slick case modelled on a book, a coin like the Guild Seal, and a deck of playing cards. But yeah, Alan Wake was probably my favourite CE. "
Did you get the limited or legendary edition? I got the limited and that was probably the best (only other one I got was the New Vegas collectors) really nice packaging, cool shit involved. Next one I'll get is probably the Deus Ex one, I like the ones with the meaningful extra stuff, like art books or BTS dvds.
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DystopiaX
@skyline7284 said:
"

So today i picked up the Alan Wake Collector's Edition for $45 and it's actually really neat.  Full on novel thing, soundtrack, the game, dlc, making of videos etc. and it got me thinking, how some collector's editions seem more rare then others.  For instance i still see the Brothers in Arms Collector's editions at Best Buy, but i never see like Fallout ones.

What are some of the better Collector's Editions that you've gotten?

"
I still see the Bioshock 2 ones as well.
Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Kyreo
@skyline7284: I've got the New Vegas one.  The graphic novel that comes with the kit is great.  The production value is outstanding.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iam3green

the modern warfare 2 night vision goggles. it's something that i got. i don't buy limited, collector's edition of games. i don't really see a point in them. you can find scan of like the book or other information by the internet. i don't like collecting a lot of things either. it clodders up the basement.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By niamahai

recently got the MK Kollectors Edition with the bookstands.

interesting note in the art book saying it took 6weeks+ to just animate&model a single character.
Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GunslingerPanda
@DystopiaX said:
" @GunslingerPanda said:
" Halo Reach's was super nice. Fable 3 came with a slick case modelled on a book, a coin like the Guild Seal, and a deck of playing cards. But yeah, Alan Wake was probably my favourite CE. "
Did you get the limited or legendary edition? "
Limited, I think. It didn't have the Noble Team statue, it just came in the black box and had the sexy book with a bunch of Spartan information in it, a patch, I remember some security card. Think there was some other stuff too.
Stray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Stray

CE are some of those things that I hate myself for buying. They seem like a good idea or something I need, and then usually after flipping through it once, it goes on a shelf and never gets looked at again.
I have a few of them too. From just this gen I have
Fallout 3, Fallout NV, GTA 4, Resistance 2, Bioshock 2, Gears of War 2,  Assassins Creed, MGS 4, Perfect Dark Zero, Halo 3.
I really like anything with extra content. I really liked the Fallout CE's. The NV one was pretty sharp. So was the Bioshock 2.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King

I'd say Duke Nukem Forever: Balls of Steel, but that's not out for another month.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By ReyGitano

I picked up the Subsistence limited edition from Gamestop for $19.99. Thanks Gamestop, and your lack of knowledge about game pricing.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By scarace360

GTA4 collectors edition lock box was really nice.

IesuNoel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By IesuNoel

Starcraft 2 Collector's Edition.  Them USB tags are sweet, and the comic, though a marketing tool to buy more Starcraft comics, is pretty cool. 

The making of DVD was also fun to go through and that soundtrack...
"What's the name of track 3?  I dunno but it's truck as fuck!"

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By unchained

The World of Warcraft CEs are really nice. 
Some of the CE's that I'm particularly fond of and proud to own:

• Starcraft 2
  • Fallout 3
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • Morrowind
  • Oblivion
  • Warcraft 3
  • God of War 3
  • Mortal Kombat

and soon to be on my shelf, the $130 Witcher 2 Collector's Edition:

Collector's Edition
Collector's Edition
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DystopiaX
@GunslingerPanda said:
" @DystopiaX said:
" @GunslingerPanda said:
Did you get the limited or legendary edition? "
Limited, I think. It didn't have the Noble Team statue, it just came in the black box and had the sexy book with a bunch of Spartan information in it, a patch, I remember some security card. Think there was some other stuff too. "
Yeah that was the limited. The legendary had that retarded ass statue.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By crusader8463

I rarely see anything worth getting. One of my favourite ones was the original Bio-Shock one. It came with a 10-12 inch Big Daddy statue made out of something really solid that I loved the hell out of it. Pisses me off that it feel on the floor and broke. I loved that thing. It looked so awesome. I also like the Halo 3 Legendary one. Still got the helmet on my shelf.

EDIT:Almost forgot about GTA 4! I have used the duffel bag so many times I lost count over the years. The steel lock box I use to keep my important documents in like work receipts, student loan letters, tax info and stuff like that.
Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kandycane2029

The only collector's edition I've ever bought was Lunar 2 on PS1.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Karl_Boss

Halo 3 Legendary edition was nice....I have so many collector's editions though that I don't even remember which were the nicest.....they're all usually pretty good.