Community Quick Look: Mirror's Edge + Perfect Dark Zero

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Welcome to our second community quick look. We really appreciate all the great feedback from last time and tried to improve as much as we could. You may still notice some echo in the audio but thats a problem we can't really solve until we get better microphones. There are also now two quick looks instead of one. Thats because separated ourselves into pairs. Four people is just to hectic and with only two people we get a much more focused commentary. Its not always going to be two videos at once, this was just us testing out how splitting into pairs would work out.

There were also recommendations that I give some background on us so you guys get a better idea of who we are. I'm the only one of us who has a giantbomb account but feel free to heckle the other guys to making ones.
EDIT: Turns out both Dale and Cullen do have a giantbomb accounts, they just never use them. Dale's is TheGateKeeper216 and Cullen's is Loki7990.
Anyways, here's some quick info on us.

Jean-Luc

Thats me. I'm the guy who does the the technical work on these videos. I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember. My goal is to work as a video producer in the gaming press, basically Vinny's job, and my dream job would be to work for Whiskey Media. I love pretty much any kind of video game expect sports.

Dale

Dale plays fewer video games then most here do, but the ones he does play, he plays to death. Over 400 hours in Oblivion and 4 playthoughs of Mass Effect 2 are just a few examples of the kind of commitment he'll put into one game. He loves driving games, first person shooters, and anything made by Bethesda.

Kai

As long as its entertaining, Kai will play it. One of his favorite systems is the Gameboy Advance, with Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission being his go to games. Kai is a huge fan of Half Life and Portal and is still waiting for Episode 3.

Cullen

At the young age of 5, Cullen acquired his first Nintendo 64. The rest was history. He loves RPGs and first person shooters.

With all that out of the way heres what you really came for, the quick looks. Once again your feedback as always welcome.

Thanks for watching.
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By X19

Nice.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

Good news: I haven't played this game, so there's value to be had for me!
Bad news: Everybody else has played this game. Again, if you're going to do a Community Quick Look, then Quick Look games that nobody has played. If necessary, go to your local GameStop and pick up some random game nobody knows about.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By JoeyRavn

Color me interested. Will watch, then pass judgement :P

Edit: I'm watching the Perfect Dark Zero one right now and it's pretty cool. Keep making them, I'll keep watching them :)

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
@Video_Game_King: I'll probably have to do that. I actually have tons of random shit nobody's heard of on my PC but my current capture technology doesn't allow me to record a computer.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King
@wasteguru:

Get Hypercam 2. It's free now, so you don't have a giant Unregistered Hypercam 2 logo in the top left anymore.
Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Lemmycaution217

Awesome. I have never played either of these games so I will definitely watch.

CitizenSlug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By CitizenSlug

Fraps works well for PC. But it's like $30 I believe.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Claude

I watched both of them. I had only played the demo of Mirror's Edge, so everything was fresh to me. Both Quick Looks were really good and I learned a little bit about the games being played. Seeing that Mirror's Edge and Perfect Dark Zero are cheap as hell now, they might be worth a purchase. I would be more inclined to play Mirror's Edge, really enjoyed the demo.

Good job, now tell those dudes to signup and become members of Giant Bomb.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By TheHBK

I played both but to watch someone elses opinion while they play takes me back.  Especially with PD0, man that game had me excited and it was good, just didnt hold my attention.  Luckily GRAW and Oblivion came out a month after I finished it.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#11  Edited By Danteveli

Good job.
Just got one question how do you capture image from console. I only managed doing it with PSP and nothing else. I also wanted to make Quick Look but dont know how.

Jan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Jan

These are great! Also watched the Ocarina of Time one. It'd be awesome to see more 'retro' quick looks.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
@Danteveli said:
Good job.Just got one question how do you capture image from console. I only managed doing it with PSP and nothing else. I also wanted to make Quick Look but dont know how.
Well I do lots of video capture because of the career I'm pursuing. I using a Black Magic Intensity Pro Capture card. It cost $300 when I bought it back in 2008. I know there are a lot cheaper methods of capture though. Try searching around on google.
Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#14  Edited By Brackynews

Sounds like prom was a good time. I think enough people have ignored (consciously or unconsciously) PDZ and Mirror's Edge, so they're decent choices to revisit.
I'm looking at doing one of these very soon as well, odds are split on just myself or getting someone to banter with. Definitely for a game nobody seems to be giving any attention to.

Should these be "tagged" as something besides Quick Look? Is there a ridiculous renaming convention that would be not awful?
CQL-Community Quick Look, QRL-Quick Re-Look, LQL-Let's Quick Look? I got nothing...

Also Cullen makes me feel old.

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Belonpopo

NOICE!

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
@Brackynews said:
Should these be "tagged" as something besides Quick Look? Is there a ridiculous renaming convention that would be not awful?CQL-Community Quick Look, QRL-Quick Re-Look, LQL-Let's Quick Look? I got nothing...
I couldn't think of anything, so until somebody gives me something Quick Look stays.