Computers are...annoying.

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By DCFGS3

Ok, so recently I made some moderate size changes to my computer layout. Firstly, I rented AC2, which I loved, but probably won't get round to actually buying the game to finish, and it had some handling issues (inFamous has a far better climbing mechanic). But in order to play it non-stop, I finally got round to moving my PS3 from the family tv to my pc monitor. It worked well, hooked it up with a HDMI cable, 24' screen = awesomness. It was all well and good, until it failed on me.

Basically the PS3 decided to switch to normal tv output ( red, yellow white), for no apparent reason, and for an equally inexplicable reason, my Ps3 couldn't auto detect shit. What it took was moving the family tv into my room, hooking up the two cords, changing to hdmi and then realising that all along it was the brand new HDMI cord which was busted. Hells yeah.

Thankfully, I had two cables, and was back up and running in a jiffy (it took me half the day to figure out what the issue was). But in order to change the cables I had to completely unhook my screen (the inputs are impossibly angled). No problem right? Not quite... You see my monitor has a usb output, several actually, and I naturally had to unhook these, when I reattached them, my Dlink wireless usb adapter (which quite literally took me a day to figure out how the fuck to work...plug and play my ase) decided to do what it did when I first installed it, and fuck up. This time however, I didn't bother getting it to work. Today I went in and bought a pci wireless card and have just installed it. It was actually quicker to install than the usb, but doesn't quite have the speed.

So, that's some of my frustration....

PS: Never, ever, buy a usb wireless adapter.

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DCFGS3

Ok, so recently I made some moderate size changes to my computer layout. Firstly, I rented AC2, which I loved, but probably won't get round to actually buying the game to finish, and it had some handling issues (inFamous has a far better climbing mechanic). But in order to play it non-stop, I finally got round to moving my PS3 from the family tv to my pc monitor. It worked well, hooked it up with a HDMI cable, 24' screen = awesomness. It was all well and good, until it failed on me.

Basically the PS3 decided to switch to normal tv output ( red, yellow white), for no apparent reason, and for an equally inexplicable reason, my Ps3 couldn't auto detect shit. What it took was moving the family tv into my room, hooking up the two cords, changing to hdmi and then realising that all along it was the brand new HDMI cord which was busted. Hells yeah.

Thankfully, I had two cables, and was back up and running in a jiffy (it took me half the day to figure out what the issue was). But in order to change the cables I had to completely unhook my screen (the inputs are impossibly angled). No problem right? Not quite... You see my monitor has a usb output, several actually, and I naturally had to unhook these, when I reattached them, my Dlink wireless usb adapter (which quite literally took me a day to figure out how the fuck to work...plug and play my ase) decided to do what it did when I first installed it, and fuck up. This time however, I didn't bother getting it to work. Today I went in and bought a pci wireless card and have just installed it. It was actually quicker to install than the usb, but doesn't quite have the speed.

So, that's some of my frustration....

PS: Never, ever, buy a usb wireless adapter.

bill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By bill

cool story bro

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

Addendum: don't trust USB devices. They're the reason why my printer doesn't work anymore.

HAMMERCLAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By HAMMERCLAW

Rubin Goldberg would have loved computers!