Congratulations Top Men Thread!

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By vivek

The new site is awesome. Many props to the Top Men who put this beauty together!

Lets make this an Appreciation Thread!

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

500: Internal Server Error

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dungbootle
No Caption Provided

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Congrats! Great! Awesome! Amazing!

Also Don't image search top men.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new site is absolutely awesome. It's also totally broken and janky in like, a hundred different ways. I... wish I had it in me to leave the forums for a week and come back to everything working properly.

FMinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congratulations on the new site, I guess, but I'm pretty fed up now getting error 500 every other link I click and have to refresh for the second day. I'm not talking bout font adjustments, missing images and similar petty little stuff, but the site being superior slow, not loading at all and those kinds of problems.

I have no idea how "others" manage to transition seamlessly from one design to another (including database changes and API and languages), but apparently most do it so that the site works for customers, there might be little bugs, but I have access to the content, wheres here it's a different story ... and here I though the "beta" site was there to iron this shit out.

Anyway, I know it's not easy, but this really seams like a half-arsed effort, for two days now. I have to stress it once again, it's really super slow and doesn't load with a 500 Error 50% of the time.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FMinus give them a break its just been a day , other websites have monolith size teams while here was less then ten people probably. There is other stuff to do while we wait on the site to get stable

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FMinus give them a break its just been a day , other websites have monolith size teams while here was less then ten people probably. There is other stuff to do while we wait on the site to get stable

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@fminus if my understanding is correct, they only copied over part of the database for the beta site. Also there would be no way to test out other parts of the beta site except internally, such as importing the billing database.

What might have happened is that some data was saved in the billing database, or in another database and imported and should not have been. Or they could still be importing data from the old giantbomb. A million things can go wrong. Website design still uses computer infrastructure built around management ideas people had 25 years ago. Such as databases themselves. Or even fucking Ip addresses. There are only about 16.6 million ip address, and in order to have a website you have to have one, back then no one thought we would need more then that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0e8dcf3078d
deactivated-5f0e8dcf3078d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Yeah, congrats guys. I know the site is still coughing up 500 errors but for a site that has as massive of a database as Giantbomb you guys did swimmingly. The kinks will be worked out the functionality added and tweaked over the coming months. I do greatly appreciate the efforts fellas! Heres to @snide@alexisg@idbloc@ltsquigs and any one else who worked on this bad boy to get it up and running.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

couple of nagging issues aside,

seriously congrats guys, as the site does look great. and thank you for making the backend stuff for the staff much easier now. its because of you guys we will be able to get 3 hour unprofessional fridays now.

idBloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By idBloc

I'd love to make a thumb-up functionality on messages so I could thumb-up @demoskinos' message :)

Thanks for the support all of you ~ it's been a wild over here and we are seeing some major performance improvements since our last tweaks (we are still doing tons of them)

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My money is well spent on you guys! Keep up the good work!

FMinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I'm too harsh, I admit, but I'm just annoyed that my favourite gaming related website is in a slow/errorous state, I know without the guys behind the scene this site wouldn't even exist, I salute to each and everyone for that.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congrats duders. Honestly my only complaint is the quick-forums being on the front page, but that is not enough to bring down the fantastic new design for me.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Way to go duders.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

TOP MEN

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Congrats, you are the greatest humanity has to offer. You will be the examples of human greatness we tell our eventual alien overlords about.