Console Close Calls

SpartyOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SpartyOn

Ok so to explain this topic I am going to tell you all a story. Let me set the scene for you guys, the time was about 30 minutes ago and I just got to my buddy's place to housesit and dog-sit. He set a TV up for me in his basement to plug my gaming consoles into so I was carrying a plastic laundry basket downstairs, with my xbox 360 and Playstation 3 inside. What happened next can only be described as a gaming miracle. I stepped on a inconspicuous and poorly placed tennis ball that belong to Gallop, my friend's dog, and proceeded to fall down the stairs feet first. The laundry basket flew out of my hands and tumbled alongside me as my consoles, controllers, and cables flew into the air, crashing into every step on their way down. I landed at the foot of the stairs with cables tangled all around me and saw my two consoles laying near where my head landed with dry wall dust over the edges (indicating they had made wall-contact on their way down). Once I got myself together and realized my ankle was sprained and the laundry basket was cracked in at least a dozen places, I decided it was time to test my consoles out.

They worked.

So now that I am overjoyed and prouder than I have ever been with the build quality of my consoles, I would like to ask you duders if you have ever had a similar close call that your console (home or portable) survived.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Brendan

Uh...sorry about your ankle.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By uhtaree

Whew. Thank god those consoles are alright.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By MetalBaofu

Only thing I can think of is my old, original Game Boy. That thing had soda spilled all over it while on a school trip. I know I dropped it onto some concrete/cement at least once, and I'm fairly sure I dropped it a few other times as well. During all that it kept working. Sadly, it did eventually die, and is currently on display on my shelf. If memory serves, I think it died well after I stopped actually using it(meaning sometime after the Game Boy Color was released).

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmilingPig

Is the ball alright?

MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

Sounds like something that only happens in Pure MIchigan.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ravenlight

@MetalBaofu said:

Only thing I can think of is my old, original Game Boy. That thing had soda spilled all over it while on a school trip. I know I dropped it onto some concrete/cement at least once, and I'm fairly sure I dropped it a few other times as well. During all that it kept working. Sadly, it did eventually die, and is currently on display on my shelf. If memory serves, I think it died well after I stopped actually using it(meaning sometime after the Game Boy Color was released).

I'm pretty sure the original Gameboys were each carved out of a single chunk of solid asbestos; nigh indestructible (though you probably don't want to inhale one).

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tim_the_corsair

So I had my dick inside my SNES right, just working it slowly, when all of a sudden...

Nah, I got nothing

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Justin258

Game Boys and Game Boy Colors could survive the apocalypse.

Also, how's your ankle?

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mandude

Well one time my Xbox 360 broke when I didn't throw it down a stairs, but when I looked it up, it turns out that that's just how the Xbox 360 works!

Needless to say, I was delighted and it turned out to be the best Christmas ever.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Well I've had drops with my PS1 because I pull the cable with my leg when I got up to do something else, but what I'm most proud with is my wired 360 controller and it's 100+ brutal drops. That thing is a fucking rock.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f39c75856922
deactivated-5f39c75856922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When our basement flooded my mom saved our NES from drowning.