Console games you would like on PC.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cloudnineboya

I was watching a trailer of vanquish today in some article and thought i would so play that on PC right now,such a great game but can't. So this is how this post starts, i would also love ICO so much ico and the uncharted series just thinking about these games optimised for today's pc's makes me dribble from the mouth. There are others of course but right this second these are the games that come to mind first. So what are yours ?.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The upcoming "Destiny", I guess.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By monetarydread
  • GTA V
  • Last of Us
  • Disgaea 4
  • Gran Turismo 6
  • Tokyo Jungle
  • Culdcept Saga - or next Culdcept game
  • Geometry Wars 2
  • Xenosaga - Playing that game on PC with Dolphin was vastly superior to playing the game on Wii. I could only imagine what the game would look like with proper textures.
  • Mario Galaxy 1+2

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see some Tekken and Disgaea on PC. And I wouldn't complain if some JRPGs got ported, Persona maybe. These are the only games I sometimes miss from my console days.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GTA 5, Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Vextroid

All of them.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@vextroid said:

All of them.

This.

But, um, if you want me to name a specific game, then I might say Shadow Complex.

34f3ecwdc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By 34f3ecwdc3

Motorstorm, Last of Us, GTA V it's a must, Soul Calibur, Tekken, Gran Turismo 6, Destiny, God of War, Final Fantasy XIII and XV, Killzone, inFamous, Uncharted, Journey, Rain, all of them actually.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None, all games are better on console.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

All of them.

But I want to see the most unrealistic one of all get a good PC port - Metroid Prime Trilogy. Oh, God, please, Nintendo, it will make you more money than the Wii U ever has.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Wemibelle

I'd take just about any game on the PC, if it is ported well. The crazy amount of sales and convenience of both being able to download everything and having it all in one place would be fantastic.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was playing Dragon's Dogma recently and that would be way better on PC. They could improve so much about the inventory interface on that game and maybe put in some additional pawn commands. They wouldn't though, because Japanese dev.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd like to see many Japanese games make the jump to PC. Many of them aren't exclusive to a single console, but never release on PC. My hope is that Square Enix will make the jump with FF15 and KH3 (right now, these are the only upcoming games which mean I am going to need to buy an Xbox One or PS4 at some point in the future - I'd rather buy a Vita and/or a WiiU for different gameplay methods and exclusives that wouldn't work as well on a PC with Keyboard and mouse or a normal controller; but I guess even on those systems they aren't being utilised that well).

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By grilledcheez

Forza games come to mind

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By RandomHero666

Forza and more Forza.

I would say GTA but well, that's coming to PC anyway

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah Forza is the definitely kind of racing game I want to play but can't because I don't have a console. Saw some friends playing The Last of Us , feel like that might also be a game I'd buy if it were on PC.

LeYcH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last of Us, Uncharted, GTAV, Dragon's Dogma, Infamous.
That's just off the top of my head, definitely a lot more.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

A new skate game I guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BAYONETTA

ICO

SHADOW OF THE YOU KNOW WHAT

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I would say GTA but well, that's coming to PC anyway

What are you even talking about? That game was released on PC 16 years ago =/

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I'd imagine that Dragon's Dogma would look pretty spectacular on a PC.

But the answer is really just "all of them"

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By colourful_hippie

@jdh5153 said:

lol

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of them.

But I want to see the most unrealistic one of all get a good PC port - Metroid Prime Trilogy. Oh, God, please, Nintendo, it will make you more money than the Wii U ever has.

Dolphin emulator

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Justin258

@believer258 said:

All of them.

Dolphin emulator

...already tried it, and with a legitimate disc rip to boot. Does it work? Yes. Does it work well? Not particularly. It has several sound issues which you can lessen but you can't make them go away. It also doesn't control acceptably at all with a mouse and keyboard. Metroid Prime Trilogy has been noted as one of the more difficult games to emulate and I don't really want to work that hard for a version of the game that might look a little better, but will control worse than even the Wii version.

Give me a PC port with a proper texture update, good mouse control, some new graphical effects, etc., and I will buy that as soon as I can.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colourful_hippie said:

@believer258 said:

All of them.

Dolphin emulator

...already tried it, and with a legitimate disc rip to boot. Does it work? Yes. Does it work well? Not particularly. It has several sound issues which you can lessen but you can't make them go away. It also doesn't control acceptably at all with a mouse and keyboard. Metroid Prime Trilogy has been noted as one of the more difficult games to emulate and I don't really want to work that hard for a version of the game that might look a little better, but will control worse than even the Wii version.

Give me a PC port with a proper texture update, good mouse control, some new graphical effects, etc., and I will buy that as soon as I can.

True but for something that will most likely never happen I'll take the emulator as a suitable substitute. Also using a bluetooth motion sensor will let you use your wii controllers.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Solid 4

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Solid 4

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Justin258

@believer258 said:

@colourful_hippie said:

@believer258 said:

All of them.

Dolphin emulator

True but for something that will most likely never happen I'll take the emulator as a suitable substitute. Also using a bluetooth motion sensor will let you use your wii controllers.

Well, the Wii controllers are exactly what I wanted to get away from. If I'm gonna use a Wii controller, then I'm gonna use a motherfucking Wii.

Since getting into emulation of PS2, Wii, and Gamecube games, I've found that the hassle of setting stuff up isn't really worth the bump to 1080p and 60FPS for me, at least in part because more often than not emulating games causes some graphical issues (missing textures, lines where they shouldn't be, severe frame drops for no reason, and some other strange things). I'm not above it, I'll just avoid dealing with it if I can.

Plus, there's something about cracking open a PS2 DVD case and plopping the disc in. You know, back when DVD cases were nice and solid plastic and not this flimsy shit, and you got to open it and look at a meticulously taken-care of instruction booklet and disc.

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By colourful_hippie

@colourful_hippie said:

@believer258 said:

@colourful_hippie said:

@believer258 said:

All of them.

Dolphin emulator

Well, the Wii controllers are exactly what I wanted to get away from. If I'm gonna use a Wii controller, then I'm gonna use a motherfucking Wii.

Since getting into emulation of PS2, Wii, and Gamecube games, I've found that the hassle of setting stuff up isn't really worth the bump to 1080p and 60FPS for me, at least in part because more often than not emulating games causes some graphical issues (missing textures, lines where they shouldn't be, severe frame drops for no reason, and some other strange things). I'm not above it, I'll just avoid dealing with it if I can.

Plus, there's something about cracking open a PS2 DVD case and plopping the disc in. You know, back when DVD cases were nice and solid plastic and not this flimsy shit, and you got to open it and look at a meticulously taken-care of instruction booklet and disc.

I'm not nostalgic. I'm cold-hearted and like convenience when it comes to getting games working on my PC

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdh5153 said:

Wow, you didn't say: "None, all games are better on Microsoft consoles." With the progress you are making, one day you will learn how to appreciate more things in life, hopefully.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The PS3 and 360 have some great exclusives that made me go "dayumn" over the past few years for not being able to play them, but none of them I wanted to play that badly.

The only game in the world that had no PC version that killed me was Red Dead, and I bought a PS3 for that and beat it twice.

Still waiting on the PC version of it, though. I need to play that game properly before I die. I need to shoot cowboys' hats off with my mouse, and watch crispy clean graphics move around me while I spur my horse by tapping Left Shift. I NEED IT.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

The exclusives I already have and love. That way I can sell my consoles and not buy new ones.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fire Emblem Awakening

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By monetarydread

@colourful_hippie said:

I'm not nostalgic. I'm cold-hearted and like convenience when it comes to getting games working on my PC

I agree with colourful hippie on this one. I hold no nostalgia for back-in-the-day because today is 1000x better for me. I would much rather click the mouse a few times and start playing my old videogames than have to keep my old, heavy CRT, then hook up my old console, then unpack my old games (really, just holding on to them is a pain in the ass that takes up too much space), then actually have to get up every time I want to play something new. Maybe I am just tech savvy, but configuring an emulator is significantly less work than hooking up old consoles, plus, getting them to work properly seems like it is almost a hobby by itself. For example, most emulated games have workarounds that prevent bugs and emulation issues. The sound issues in Metroid prime can be solved by choosing the appropriate DSP and all the graphical hiccups can be solved by running the emulator in DirectX instead of OpenGL. Getting Metroid Prime Trilogy to run 1440p, 60fps, with my 360 pad was a glorious experience.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By colourful_hippie

@monetarydread said:

@colourful_hippie said:

I agree with colourful hippie on this one. I hold no nostalgia for back-in-the-day because today is 1000x better for me. I would much rather click the mouse a few times and start playing my old videogames than have to keep my old, heavy CRT, then hook up my old console, then unpack my old games, then actually have to get up every time I want to play something new. Maybe I am just tech savvy, but configuring an emulator is significantly less work than hooking up old consoles, plus, getting them to work properly seems like it is almost a hobby by itself. For example, most emulated games have workarounds that prevent bugs and emulation issues. For example, the sound issues in Metroid prime can be solved by choosing the appropriate DSP and all the graphical hiccups can be solved by running the emulator in DirectX instead of OpenGL. Getting Metroid Prime Trilogy to run 1440p, 60fps, with my 360 pad was a glorious experience.

You worded it better than I. I don't mind tweaking that kind of stuff and looking up emulator wiki's on specific games has helped me remove nearly all graphical/audio glitches that I've encountered. I haven't thought about running some games in DirectX over OpenGL