Console players, which games have you beaten previous gen and (at that time) current gen?

mAAArii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

I'm wondering who played Shadow of Mordor on 360 and xbox one, which are two vastly different. Or THPS3 on psx and ps2. Me, I finally got a pro controller for my wii-u and i am a couple of hours into breath of the wild there. I also have a copy of BOTW on my Switch. Does anybody prefer the "inferior" version?

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

I platinumed RE8 on PS5, then got a separate platinum of the PS4 version. Only real difference was PS4 had noticeably longer load times, in that it had load times where the PS5 barely did.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I bought both gen versions of NBA 2k14. I think that was the version where the PS4 version had the game's new story mode and the PS3 version didn't.

This is kind of a weirder one, but Rodea the Sky Solider is a Wii U and 3DS game, but the Wii U version also came with a Wii version, which I don't think was ever sold separately. The Wii U and 3DS game are the same game, but the Wii version is practically a different game, and a better game than the Wii U and 3DS versions.

mAAArii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@brian_: Well done. Went to youtube and was pleasantly surprised by Rodea the Sky Soldier.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Again, not a "console player" these days, but I'll reply anyway:

Dark Souls 1 (Prepare to Die and Remastered on Steam). Dragon's Dogma (PS3 and Steam). Skyrim (360 and Steam). Devil May Cry 3 (PS2 and Steam). Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2 and PS3). Borderlands 1 (360 and PS3). Gear of War 1 (360 and Ultimate Edition for Windows 10). Saints Row 4 (PS3 and Steam). Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) (PS2 and Steam). And Star Wars Episode 1 Racer (N64 and GOG).

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tartyron

Persona 5, kinda. Well, I had the PS3 version the first time, then got the Royal on a PS4.

EDIT: Oh, you know what? Zelda, Twilight Princess. Rented on my Gamecube and played the Wii version while staying with a friend and the Gamecube version was way better. Now that I think about it, I had a Zelda collection of the N64 Zelda games on Gamecube too.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think my only one was Assassins Creed: Black Flag

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played a ton of Tony Hawk on N64 before I got a Dreamcast and played Tony Hawk 2 on there. Then I got a ps2 and went back and replayed the ps versions. I don't remember a big difference but my friends always clown on me for playing the n64 version predominantly.

I also think the GBA version of THPS2 might be my most played version.