• 159 results
Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By Potter9156

Over moderation is a good way to kill a forum. Mods are necessary, without them a forum degenerates into pure garbage(I've been on some). But too much modding and the forum becomes boring.

Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

No Caption Provided
Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#153  Edited By Mighty
@Axxol said:
"You should also warn the people who make really small threads like "I eated a donut. That is all". "

Meh. If it's a legitimate idea, and can be summed up in a few words, let it be. I'm in college, I already write enough :P
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#154  Edited By ryanwho

Simple humor for uneducated people that desperately want attention so you can see how indifferent they are. "Look at me, I don't care. Over here!"

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#155  Edited By Enigma777
@LiquidSwords:

You guys win! You win.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156  Edited By jkz
@Red12b said:
"

I’d like to gauge the community’s interest in getting poster’s of this stupid picture an instant warning,

It holds no discussion value other than the person posting it looking like a dick, a forum is a place for discussion, or at least that is what I have been told by the very mod’s who moderate these forums.

I don't want GB to go down the road of extra enforcement, But acknowledgement and understanding of a problem is vital in order to change perceptions, I gave this topic that title to get it noticed, I also gave it that title to pin point one small problem and then broaden the discussion out to talk about how the forums are in general, in the open, and with the inclusion of everyone.        

EDIT: 
Here's the thing right, And I am betting that I am not the only one who feels this way, My enjoyment of GB is getting less and less, and by no means do I think I am special because I have been a member of GB for a while, I am just a grain of sand in the workings of this fantastic website, but I have a voice, and I am using it to say, I don't like this issue, I don't like the fact that we have quests asking users to spam running contrary with the forum guide that our community mods have drawn up, I don't like that people I used to converse with have gone because they don't like the condition that the forums have become, I don't like the fact that the vocal minority of troll posters ruin the experience of a majority of duders who love this site as much as I do,  

I do not accept that with rising popularity Giant Bomb should lose it's charm, and I am not going to sit on the sidelines and let it get worse,  

A time has come where we should get this forum back to it's former glory,  

I do not accept that I have to turn off Off-topic to enjoy the forums, what if I want to discuss something off topic?      

And this is not just about this one thing, This is an all encompassing issue, I created the topic title as such so that I could supply a problem and give a solution so it didn't sound like baseless complaining,  

Whether we acknowledge it or not, Or whether we give it much credit or not, there is a problem, and I believe that as a community we can address it.     

I don't like having shit being sorted out behind closed doors, Things should be discussed in an open environment with input by the people who use the site,     

As Jeff put it back at Giant Bomb's launch on July 21st 2008, "It's a website about video games!". Let's try and keep it that way.

"
I'm just going to quote your entire opening post and respond with a resounding "Yes" to its entirety, particularly what I've highlighted.
Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#157  Edited By Sin4profit
@JJWeatherman said:
"With great power comes great trolls. "
And with greater mod enforcment comes...The Gamespot forums. I don't wanna go back to that.
Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Aronman789
@LiquidPrince said:
" @Red12b:  I always felt this issue surfaced when people were posting things of enough stupidity to validate the use of a "cool story bro." "
Pretty much what this guy said, though if you get so damn annoyed at something that small, i have to say, and this is the sentence i hate the most out of all the shit that goes around the internet, you're doing it wrong.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#159  Edited By Red12b
@LiquidSwords:  
That's the thing, I am not talking about when it happens on stupid arse threads like "I eated a sandwich" I've seen it where someone put thought into the OP a well made rational argument about something and then some twat on the first reply to the damn thread posts it,   

@x_XJules

said: 

" I understand your problem with it but I honestly don't mind. It's the same as telling someone they made a stupid topic, and that's obviously allowed.  Also, of all the things, why attack 'cool story bro'? I mean if you want to do something meaningful how about trying to get some of the sexism and racism off the board. I dont know how many times i've flagged those kinds of issues and no matter what, those topics never get locked or shut down.  "

I have created a thread like that, around 3 months ago...