Couch Coop & Party Game Recommendations

Avatar image for arkade_kalamity
Arkade_Kalamity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all! I need some feedback on what some of you feel would be essentials or your flat out favorite local, couch coop, split screen games to party out with some friends. I currently have PC, PS4, Xbox One, and a Wii U all set up in my living with multiple controllers for each system.

I'd appreciate your suggestions and input!

Current games on rotation. Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Towerfall, Nidhogg, Broforce, Rockband

CosmoKramer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Jackbox Party Pack 1&2 and Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes are sure bets.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jackbox but not Jackbox 2, the games in Jackbox 2 aren't as fun or easy to get into.

Jackbox one though is probably the best party game around. All you need are phones, wifi and the console or pc you want to run it off.

sravankb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Blur, Trials, and Halo are all great for couch gaming.

Blur is especially severely underrated. Think of it as Mario Kart without the random bullshit.

MrDrSnakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Peggle 2 is a big hit for me as a party-type game, it's not simultaneous but it's just so easy for anyone to get into.

Fushichou187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All depends on who is over to play. With friends or family that don't really have the coordination for things like Towerfall (which is fantastic), the Jackbox Party Pack games, particularly things like Drawful and Fibbage, have a very low barrier to entry. Nidhogg, Blur, and Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes are all solid reccs as well. Surprised I haven't heard Sportsfriends yet! I guess it depends on how many controller you have available-- particularly if you are playing the PS4 version-- but mannnnnn Johan Sebastian Joust & Bari Bari Ball are killer, imo.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Crawl is great!

bondfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Super Tecmo Bowl NES, best fun for any party

Avatar image for arkade_kalamity
Arkade_Kalamity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Arkade_Kalamity

I bought Jackbox Party Pack 1 and played it over the weekend with some friends. I gotta say, it's one of the best party games I've played. My abs still hurt from all the laughing. Love the the idea of playing on your phone instead of controllers.

Drawful was a huge hit.

We all also tried SpeedRunners, which was a whole lot of fun. It's on steam early access right now but should be releasing later this month. Fully recommend it.

mjhwwbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mjhwwbg

Windjammers, SF5, Ultimate Chicken Horse and Mount your Friends.

Edit: I forgot Gangbeasts! ... and Divekick!

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samurai Gunn

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

Hidden in Plain Sight, Mount Your Friends, Nidhogg and Jackbox Party Pack are the big hits with my group. After that i'd consider some Ultimate Chicken Horse and Rocket League. And if i'm forced, because others enjoy it more than me, Gangbeasts.

Also i'd recommend you look into some board gaming: The Resistance, One Night Ultimate Werewolf, Love Letter, and Snake Oil are some good/quick/cheap options.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toejam & Earl. The original for Sega Genesis probably downloadable on a bunch of different platforms now.

You'll laugh together. You'll cry together. You'll shit your fucking pants together when the boogie man comes for you.

BOOGIE BOOGIE BOOGIE BOOGIE!!!

DukeMcFrenzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sports friends almost started a fight at a family event i brought it too. That particular game of Super Pole Riders got heated.

Helldivers is really fun with 4 people on a couch. Everybody can coordinate so there is no friendly fire/ getting mechs dropped on you.

Jackbox 1 & 2 are such a hit that the family requests I bring it.