Could MadWorld be a better game on the 360/PS3

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Alexander

I would suggest that MadWorld could well be a better game on other the 360/PS3. The art style of the game is fantastic, the level of violence appealing in the OTT sense and I don't see much in the way of gameplay that is going to really centre around Wiimote controls. Now that last bit I can't know for sure, but I do know that a game running in HD can look a lot better. MadWorld is running in 480i because the devs had trouble keeping the game stable on Wii hardware - on a PS3 it could be running in full HD.... could that alone make MadWorld a better game?

Of course the game isn't out yet, but it is the first Wii title I have been interested in and can't help but get a little green when I see those trailers.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

I think not.

Maybe it could be superior graphically but the art style is fine as it is, and there is plenty of stuff you can do using the Wiimote.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Alexander

You know I had some text written out and it seems to have vanished. The gist was that MadWorld doesn't scream to me that it's a "Wii" game, surely it would be better off not running in 480i on either a PS3 or a 360?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Snail
Alexander said:
"You know I had some text written out and it seems to have vanished. The gist was that MadWorld doesn't scream to me that it's a "Wii" game, surely it would be better off not running in 480i on either a PS3 or a 360?"
I did not know that.

Why don't you just edit your post and report this bug in the bug reporting forums (if there isn't a thread on this yet)?
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Dalai

Simply no.  It would look crisper graphically, but the controls might not translate as well to other consoles.  I say it's a wash... it would be awesome on any system.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Systech

Probably. There doesn't seem to be anything different that it does with gameplay.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By HandsomeDead

Of course. More processing power means more freedom to develop which means more potential for a better game.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By Arkthemaniac

It could be.

I think anyone that says it couldn't is looking into the question too directly, as Alexander intended. It could have been better on 360 . . . but I don't think it would have been better if it were on 360.
Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Alexander
Snail said:
"Alexander said:
"You know I had some text written out and it seems to have vanished. The gist was that MadWorld doesn't scream to me that it's a "Wii" game, surely it would be better off not running in 480i on either a PS3 or a 360?"
I did not know that.

Why don't you just edit your post? And report this bug in the bug reporting forums (if there isn't a thread on this yet)?
"
Yeah just edited. It was weird, when I added the poll... I did it in all a bit of a hurry though so it was probably me.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Snail
HandsomeDead said:
"Of course. More processing power means more freedom to develop which means more potential for a better game."
You and your Wii hate.

It could have more depth true, but I think it would be equally awesome.
Let's face it, this is on the Wii so that people can think "See? They are taking us hardcore!!! The Wii isn't just for 12 year olds! LOOK! BLOOD EVERYWHERE!"
shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By shadows_kill

you should have put a maybe opinion on the poll also. i dont think it would be much graphical difference if they kept the black and white (and red) art style. the main difference would be the controls.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Snail said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Of course. More processing power means more freedom to develop which means more potential for a better game."
You and your Wii hate.

It could have more depth true, but I think it would be equally awesome.
Let's face it, this is on the Wii so that people can think "See? They are taking us hardcore!!! The Wii isn't just for 12 year olds! LOOK! BLOOD EVERYWHERE!"
"
Nah, that's naive. It's on the Wii solely becaus PlatinumGames saw it as a good fit for the console. Sure, their certifiably insane, but hey . . . you're not the will-be-AAA developer, so GO HOME!
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HandsomeDead
shadows_kill said:
"you should have put a maybe opinion on the poll also. i dont think it would be much graphical difference if they kept the black and white (and red) art style. the main difference would be the controls.
"
Console power =/= Graphics
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arkthemaniac
HandsomeDead said:
"shadows_kill said:
"you should have put a maybe opinion on the poll also. i dont think it would be much graphical difference if they kept the black and white (and red) art style. the main difference would be the controls.
"
"
Console power also =/= better games.
Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Alexander
shadows_kill said:
"
You'll notice the question was "could"

It's like if I asked "could Killzone 2 be a better game on the Wii?". You could say yes because to say it could be isn't to be certain. You would probably be wrong on that one though.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Alexander said:
"shadows_kill said:
"

It's like if I asked "could Killzone 2 be a better game on the Wii?". You could say yes because to say it could be isn't to be certain. You would probably be wrong on that one though.
"
He'd be right until they made it, which would never happen, so he'd be right.

I'm getting deep up in hurr.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HandsomeDead
Arkthemaniac said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"shadows_kill said:
"
"
"
Usually, yes. Or, at least, a lot of games which try to do more than base level fun.
shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By shadows_kill
Alexander said:
"shadows_kill said:
"
"
yeah just noticed.

HandsomeDead said:
"shadows_kill said:
"
"
where did i say console power=graphics?
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Arkthemaniac
HandsomeDead said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"shadows_kill said:
"
"
"
Usually, yes. Or, at least, a lot of games which try to do more than base level fun.
"
There are multiple levels of fun!?!
tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By tekmojo

For some reason I'm not diggin this type of black and white design. It just doesn't go well with my eyes, too eccentric maybe. The design of the colors seem pretty limited, so IMO the change would not be drastic enough to warrant a better version.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By brukaoru
Dalai said:
"...it would be awesome on any system."
You sir, have the correct answer.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HandsomeDead
shadows_kill said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"shadows_kill said:
"
"
"
Your only points of contention were graphics and the lack of waggle. You never mentioned any of the other things that are available with more powerful consoles.

Arkthemaniac said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"shadows_kill said:
"
"
"
"
There are multiple levels of fun!?!
"
Yeah. You should try a game with a bit of depth one day. It'd really bake your noodle.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I'm either enjoying a game, or I'm not. The better the game, the longer I enjoy it. That makes sense to me at least.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HandsomeDead

But things with more depth last longer. Wii Sports was fun for three or four weeks meanwhile i'm still enjoying Fallout 3 and i've had that for months.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By shadows_kill
HandsomeDead said:
"shadows_kill said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"shadows_kill said:
"
"
"
Your only points of contention were graphics and the lack of waggle. You never mentioned any of the other things that are available with more powerful consoles."
well as i said they would look pretty much the same since i doubt you can make black and white look much better and hand movements to a controller is a big change... im not sure really what else could change.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Arkthemaniac
HandsomeDead said:
"But things with more depth last longer. Wii Sports was fun for three or four weeks meanwhile i'm still enjoying Fallout 3 and i've had that for months.
"
And I still enjoy Brawl. Console doesn't matter, it's all about the design, and PlatinumGames has done that right. The game could be better on 360, but it would probably just be the same game with a slightly more complex control scheme.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HandsomeDead
shadows_kill said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"shadows_kill said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"shadows_kill said:
"
"
"
Your only points of contention were graphics and the lack of waggle. You never mentioned any of the other things that are available with more powerful consoles."
well as i said they would look pretty much the same since i doubt you can make black and white look much better and hand movements to a controller is a big change... im not sure really what else could change.
"
More levels, more characters, larger environments, smoother animations etc.

Arkthemaniac said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"But things with more depth last longer. Wii Sports was fun for three or four weeks meanwhile i'm still enjoying Fallout 3 and i've had that for months.
"
And I still enjoy Brawl. Console doesn't matter, it's all about the design, and PlatinumGames has done that right. The game could be better on 360, but it would probably just be the same game with a slightly more complex control scheme.
"
Of course console doesn't matter, that was just the first example in my head when I thought of a simple pick up and play game. I agree it's all about the design too, but on the 360, they wou;d have had far more options to start with.
Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By MasturbatingBear

I dont think its possible for someone to say it couldn't. Seeing as its not on one of the others as well. So no comparing. So Yes there is a chance. Specifically how the games mechanics work, don't know, I still don't know what the game is.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By Karmum

I think it is kind of hard to say yes or no, because none of us have actually played the game, and don't know how it would have looked on either the Xbox 360 or PS3. From a visual perspective, I'm sure it would be more gory and more crisp, but in terms of gameplay, we have no idea. This should be a question that is asked once the game is released.

squirtle_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By squirtle_squad

it would. why u ask? im too damn lazy too swing my arms around over and over for crap.
hell thats why i dont play my wii anymore.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HandsomeDead
squirtle_squad said:
"it would. why u ask? im too damn lazy too swing my arms around over and over for crap.
hell thats why i dont play my wii anymore."
Bro, it's all in the wrist.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#32  Edited By Claude

I voted no, but I don't understand why they aren't porting this to other consoles. The buzz is big and sales could be bigger. I'm just going to have to play the game, "when it comes out" and find all the answers.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Ooops. I accidentally clicked "No" when I meant to click "Yes". Of course it could be better on the 360 and PS3. In fact, because it's on the Wii, I'm much less interested in it and less likely to play it. That is despite the fact that I actually own a Wii, though at this point it's pretty much useless to me. I haven't played the thing since like June.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34  Edited By CenturionCajun

In my opinion MadWorld is the type of game that stands out on the Wii but would be lost in the crowd on the PS3 or 360. The Wii is severally lacking in adult games so something like MadWorld or House of the Dead: Overkill instantly stands out. If they were to appear on the more graphically powerful consoles then they would be lost in a mod of similarly designed games being compared to Gears of War or Killzone.

I personally am pumped for MadWorld simply as something new to play on my Wii. The poor thing just sits there completely unloved and unused most of the time.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Endogene

With the same amount of money available to make it? Definitely no.
With enough money to make it graphicly on par with other PS360 games it would be pretty much the same however would they have used that extra money available for an eventual PS360 version for a wii version the wii version would have more depth to it since that extra money would beinvested in new levels and content. Same for every game really.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Linkyshinks

No, the game was designed around Wii controls.

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By lucas_kelly

Well considering the game looks like shit on the Wii, yes.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By atejas

Excellent question- considering that the game was constructed from the ground up to function on a Wiimote, I would have to say no, however.
And as for graphical quality, it already has the art style, it doesn't need technical power. I mean, there's a reason Okami looks better than Killzone 2 or Crysis.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By crunchUK

i think nobody has even considered how epic madworld achivements would be