Could Medal of Honor be the first good or MOH game in years?

Spikester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spikester

Of course, I referring to the new MOH game coming out that is rebooting the franchise into a modern setting. To me, Pacific Assault was the last good MOH game was Pacific Assault, every other MOH game have been pretty underwhelming. Rising Sun was dreadful, European Assault was plain average, and Airbone was just utterly mediocre. Now that I've heard they're making a new MOH game, and this time it's in the modern setting.  

Do you think this could be the first good or even great MOH game in years? Or will it just sink a once great franchise even lower?  

I think it has a chance, but I've heard mixed reactions towards the beta. I also fear that it might have a single-player that is just as short as Modern Warfare 2. Who knows? Maybe it will be the best Medal of Honor game since Allied Assault, which is often regarded (especially by me) to be the best in the series.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Raven10

I'm going to rent it if it gets decent reviews. They said they fixed most of the problems of the beta. So I think people should give it a chance.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Lukeweizer

It's the ONLY MoH game in YEARS...

Spikester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Spikester
@Lukeweizer said:
" It's the ONLY MoH game in YEARS... "
Not really, since it has only been three years since we had a Medal of Honor game. Which isn't that long.
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By X19

It needs a brilliant single player campaign which is what Medal of Honor is all about imo.  

BFBC2+MW2=MOH multiplayer. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GoofyGoober

Ummm, I guess we will have to wait and see. The singleplayer looks to have quality, MP, maybe. I will rent it one day.

Spikester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spikester
@GoofyGoober said:
" Ummm, I guess we will have to wait and see. The singleplayer looks to have quality, MP, maybe. I will rent it one day. "
Well the single-player and multi-player are being made seperately by different developers. EA Los Angeles are working on the single-player, and the multi-player is being developed by EA DICE. I think the multi-player has a better chance of being good than the single-player.
GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GoofyGoober
@Spikester: I loved BC2 when it first came out, but after a few months it turned really sour. I am still voting for the SP to be better than the MP, but this is just me.
Justaddwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Justaddwater

The multiplayer is amazing, by far and away my favourite among the big 3 online shooters, ive no doubt the single player will be quality.

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Raymayne

Underground was the last good MoH game, and no, this one will suck more ass than you can possibly imagine.

FrostedDolphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FrostedDolphin

Its going to be a great game but  its not going to sell well

Zafmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zafmg
Depends. Can you ride a motorcycle in it? I'd buy a military game where I could rev a hog and tear up the tarmac, burning rubber! Oil-change!! Tier 1 motorcyclist!
joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

I'm looking forward to it. When do the reviews come out for the game??
Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Well from what I've seen of the single player portions of the game it definitely looks interesting enough for me to play. I do hope it turns out to be a great game and receives high scores all around and I also hope that if the single player adventure is as good as CoD4's than it could at least be 8-10 hours long. Out of curiosity what is this Tier 1's objective in the game, assassination?

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I think the SP could be great, 
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By iam3green

i can think it's just going to be just like bad company 2. it's pretty much going to be made from the same developers. i played the beta and it just seemed kind of meh.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gizmo

Rising Sun was fucking awesome, my favourite MOH game so far.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By X19
@Spikester said:
" @GoofyGoober said:
" Ummm, I guess we will have to wait and see. The singleplayer looks to have quality, MP, maybe. I will rent it one day. "
Well the single-player and multi-player are being made seperately by different developers. EA Los Angeles are working on the single-player, and the multi-player is being developed by EA DICE. I think the multi-player has a better chance of being good than the single-player. "

I sunk a lot of hours into the multiplayer beta for MOH and its generic as fuck. The game needs to push its SP as thats the only part that can make it stand out in this very competitive market. It is also the only thing that can link back to the MOH style of storytelling and make the fans feel that this IS a MOH game. I love the series but they needed to do what COD4 did and kick start FPS again and they just haven't done that. 

Not long to wait till Jeff's review so we will see I guess. 
Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Jayross

Nothing is more authentic than Opposing Forces. 

I think the single player will be relatively interesting, and the multiplayer will have less depth than BC2, but without the addicting quality of MW2.

Gilsham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Gilsham

nope the mp is bland and shallow, only 3 classes with two weapons each and only a few customisations. Haven't seen any of the sp but it will most likely be more MW like shooting dudes

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By ajamafalous

Well, the MP is fucking garbage.

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By joeybagad0nutz
@X19:
When will his review be up?
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By X19
@JoeRiccadonna: I can only guess the day of or after the games release which is the 13th of October. Jeff usually tries out the multiplayer on public servers first so he can give a better review on the final product.
joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By joeybagad0nutz
@X19:
Oh cool. I only ask because the Halo Reach review came out before the game did.
BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By BigBoss1911

Ill probably rent it for the single player, the online play is nothing new, its just modern warfare 2 with no perks and no prone.

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FunkyHugo

I'm sure hoping it is. Honestly, I didn't enjoy the beta at all, but here's hoping the single player is good, and Dice tweaked the multi.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Spikester:  you're tripping.. 

Airborne was fanfuckingtastic, and the new game is gonna suck serious dick in too many levels for a reviewer to grasp 
Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By Lunarbunny

Using the boolean logic in your thread title...True.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31  Edited By crusader8463

Not the online. I played the beta a month or so back and it felt rather generic. Doesn't interest me in the least though. Especially when they compromised there initial vision of the game with that whole terrorist name crap. If they don't care enough about the game to stick to there guns and say we think this and this is why and I'm sorry you don't agree with it, but we believe what we believe and we are backing it up, then I don't care enough about the product to buy it.

skadbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By skadbob

This is like an awful LSAT question... 

Medal of Honor could be and is, in fact, the first MoH game in years. 
Medal of Honor could also be the first good MoH game in years. 
However, Medal of Honor could not be the first good game in years. 

I haven't heard mixed things about the beta earlier this year. Everything I've heard has been resoundingly negative. Being sandwiched between Reach and Black Ops cannot be good for business, and even though it's designed to be very different from Battlefield, I have to imagine that this release might actually end up cannibalizing their own Bad Company 2 market more than it'll make a dent in Reach and Black Op's. 

I hope I'm wrong, though, because I'd kind of  like to see the MoH franchise revived, if only out of a sense of nostalgia. 

@Raymayne said:

" Underground was the last good MoH game. "
lol!
Spikester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Spikester
@Raymayne said:
" Underground was the last good MoH game,"
It's obvious with that statement, that you haven't played Frontline, Allied Assault, and Pacific Assault.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jkz
@gilsham said:
" nope the mp is bland and shallow, only 3 classes with two weapons each and only a few customisations. Haven't seen any of the sp but it will most likely be more MW like shooting dudes "
Not that I think the MP is great, but there are far more than two weapons per class. That's all they have in the beta, is all.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#35  Edited By damnboyadvance

It's hit or miss. It'll either be really good, or really disappointing. I'm hoping for the first option.

Spikester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Spikester

A lot of negative reactions towards the beta in this thread. I lately did a bit more research lately, and found out that I was wrong. The reactions towards the MOH beta aren't mix, they are highly negative. I even heard one guy said that it made Modern Warfare 2 look like a polished masterpiece. Still, it is the beta afterall, most of the problems could be resolved in the final game. It could be a great first-person shooter that could rival COD4, or it could be the yang of COD4's yin. Then again, Modern Warfare 2 was already like that. I hope DICE doesn't screw up the multi-player in the final product, because they have a excellent reputation that shouldn't be hindered.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By NTM

Mmm, I think it'll be decent. And that's only because I haven't really been that excited about it. I wouldn't be surprised if it got great OR terrible reviews.
finstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By finstern

To me Allied Assault still holds up amazingly well, SP will have to top that, or at least match it for it to be good. MP in the new one is horrible.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#39  Edited By Sooperspy

Based on the PS3 beta, NO!

Spikester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Spikester
@Redbullet685 said:
" Based on the PS3 beta, NO! "
Was the beta really as broken and unbalance as Modern Warfare 2? 
RankRabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RankRabbit

Well, I hope it's decent, I have faith in DICE with the multiplayer. If it's not the best at least with the PS3 version I'll be getting the Medal of Honor Frontline HD remake or whatever and access to the Battlefield 3 beta. I also pre-ordered from amazon to get the $20 video game credit for when I buy Call of Doodies.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#42  Edited By Sooperspy
@Spikester said:
" @Redbullet685 said:
Was the beta really as broken and unbalance as Modern Warfare 2?  "
Maybe, but the thing is, the MOH beta is a BETA. MW2 is a full game.
Spikester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Spikester
@Redbullet685 said:
" @Spikester said:
" @Redbullet685 said:
Was the beta really as broken and unbalance as Modern Warfare 2?  "
Maybe, but the thing is, the MOH beta is a BETA. MW2 is a full game. "
The thing is, Modern Warfare 2 wasn't beta tested. Therefore becoming one of the most broken pieces of tripe, in online multi-player existence. I hope the final product turns out well, because the series might end if this latest installment doesn't match the high caliber success of it's earlier games. Considering it's a reboot of the franchise into a different setting.