• 121 results
Goldenroad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By Goldenroad

what have been your most disappointing games of the current generation of consoles???
Goldenroad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Goldenroad

what have been your most disappointing games of the current generation of consoles???
Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

so the past 4-5 years...to many to count. 

I think the most hyped game that flopped the most would definitely have to be LAIR.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_A_Drain

The biggest one by far (I did not play LAIR :) ) has been Alone in the Dark.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vitor

The entire Resistance series (love Insomniac, yet couldn't get past how generic, ugly and dull those games were)

Goldenroad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Goldenroad
@Guyzea:
Why modern warfare 2? i didnt like it very much either cos of the multiplayer which is just plain not fun, just curious as to why you didnt like it?
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Castle Crashers. That game was designed to be played by 4 people but the shitty online connectivity ruined it for me so I ended up playing mostly solo. Which sucked.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By sopranosfan

I would agree with Modern Warfare 2 as being my biggest disappointment.  As someone that has spent more time than I would like to admit playing Modern Warfare 1 I was disappointed with 2.  The biggest problem is just how much the killstreaks totally change the game. 

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By habster3

Heavenly Sword; sorry, but I could not stand it. First, it was, even though I hate saying this term, a GOW clone. Second, it lacked the depth that so many other great brawlers have; it's just fighting, fighting, fighting, a boring Kai moment, a braindead puzzle, repeat. There were a few context-sensitive button presses, but is that such a good thing? There were no cool moments where you got to climb around under your own control. I'm sorry once again, but SSSOOO much disappointment.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By owl_of_minerva
@Goldenroad:  Resistance, Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5 (although it's still a good game).
EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EVO

Far Cry 2. So much wasted potential.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By zombie2011

Lair, Resistance 2, Prey, Heavenly Sword, Brutal Legend.

Goldenroad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Goldenroad
@sopranosfan:
thts exactly what i found, i got the golden dragunov in mw1 and it toook timeeeeeeeeeee, but iv hardly played mw2 in comparison cos its so tedious when the killstreaks are overpowering the game.
Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kbm600

Gears of War 2, The Force Unleashed, Modern Warfare 2, Grand Theft Auto IV.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By Sooperspy
@Guyzea said:
" Dark Void, Bionic Commando,  Modern Warfare 2, Brutal Legend, Resident Evil 5 and Bioshock 2. Many reasons why. "
All but Dark Void cause I didn't play it. Also, Alone in the Dark was disappointing.
Goldenroad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Goldenroad
@Kbm600 said:
"Gears of War 2, The Force Unleashed, Modern Warfare 2, Grand Theft Auto IV. "

you joking me :P  
gears of war 2 and gta IV are like two of my fave games!
lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lead_farmer
@Sweep said:
" Castle Crashers. That game was designed to be played by 4 people but the shitty online connectivity ruined it for me so I ended up playing mostly solo. Which sucked. "
Okay, that is kind of a downer.  I was hoping taht it would eventually come out for PS3 and I would be able to play it online because the gameplay looked good.  There is local multiplayer though, right?
Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kbm600 said:
" Gears of War 2. "
Really, I thought GOW2 was vastly superior to one.  OT:  I would say MW2
ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I have been most diaappointed by Devil May Cry 4 and Ninja Gaiden 2.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ghostiet

Fuel. I raged after two hours spent with that game. God, what a wasted concept, none of these games are even close to Fuel.

Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kbm600
@Agent47CSim2 said:
" @Kbm600 said:
" Gears of War 2. "
Really, I thought GOW2 was vastly superior to one.  OT:  I would say MW2 "
I thought the locales in the first game were far more enjoyable. The multiplayer was still shit so I felt no improvement had been made there.
Goldenroad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Goldenroad
@Ghostiet said:
"Fuel. I raged after two hours spent with that game. God, what a wasted concept, none of these games are even close to Fuel. "

never played it, why was it so bad?
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sweep  Moderator
@lead_farmer said:
" @Sweep said:
" Castle Crashers. That game was designed to be played by 4 people but the shitty online connectivity ruined it for me so I ended up playing mostly solo. Which sucked. "
Okay, that is kind of a downer.  I was hoping taht it would eventually come out for PS3 and I would be able to play it online because the gameplay looked good.  There is local multiplayer though, right? "
Yeah there is. But it's 2010 and i'm paying for xbox live gold. Competent Internet connectivity should be a primary concern for any developer. Especially with a game like Castle Crashers which has been designed to be played by a group of 4. Expert mode is basically impossible solo because you die so fast, even at the level cap.  

Imagine being told that you could only play L4D solo: That would suck too.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24  Edited By Willy105

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, NiGHTS, and The Force Unleashed. Also Sonic and the Black Knight.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By azteris

We@Willy105 said:

"Sonic and the Black Knight. "
That's your fault.
ScubaStoobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ScubaStoobie
@The_A_Drain said:

" The biggest one by far (I did not play LAIR :) ) has been Alone in the Dark. "

I actually really liked this game. Really clunky controls and some parts were tedious but overall I loved the experience I had with this game.
ScubaStoobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ScubaStoobie
@Sweep said:
I had no problems with the online connectivity in that game. That was one hell of a game and Ive played it like 20 times with my buddies over the internet. We all live in the same city though so maybe that had something to do with it.
Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By Gabriel

maybe GOW III

SadPatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SadPatrol
@zombie2011 said:
"Lair, Resistance 2, Prey, Heavenly Sword, Brutal Legend. "

Did you really think that Brutal Legend was going to be good.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_A_Drain
@ScubaStoobie said:
" @The_A_Drain said:

" The biggest one by far (I did not play LAIR :) ) has been Alone in the Dark. "

I actually really liked this game. Really clunky controls and some parts were tedious but overall I loved the experience I had with this game. "
I really liked the game too, and some of the stuff it pulled off really well like the real-time burning, and I loved some of the concepts in the game like the light-averse puddle enemy and the physics puzzles, and some of the cinematic action was really well put together. 

It just could have been so much more, I don't think i've ever seen so much wasted potential in one title before. And that ending. Fuck that ending.
iBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By iBear
@lead_farmer said:
" @Sweep said:
Okay, that is kind of a downer.  I was hoping taht it would eventually come out for PS3 and I would be able to play it online because the gameplay looked good.  There is local multiplayer though, right? "
yea i tihnk they fixed the online, but local multiplayer is still where its at, perfect in that game.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Animasta

GTAIV

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CL60

I'm usually not disappointed with my purchases. But the only one I can think of is MW2 Multiplayer.

Kiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Kiro

Turok, god damn Turok

Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Cazamalos

this gen i've been disappointed by a lot of games but some of those where:

Gears of War 2: me and me friends used to play a lot of gears of war 1 on lan partys, but when we all brought GOW2 and try the broken multi player it was a huge let down.

MW2: i just simply can't stand that kind of multiplayer : "i see you first i kill you first" is so afdfdffdrhrg....and the single player is waay to short for what i paid for that game... 

Resistance 2: when i first brought the ps3 slim the first used game i try was resistance 2, and oh wow what a piece of generic shooter , i still don't understand all the 80%+ scores

honorable mentions to : DMC4 , infinite undiscovery, but this was my fault for being hyped about these shits...

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By bhhawks78

Little Big planet/killzone 2/scribblenauts - cool ideas/great graphics, controls were laughably bad

Heavy Rain - People creamed over this game forever, and then I got a plot hole ridden horribly acted C level movie with quick time events...fuck

Gears 2 - Trying to make a real story just made it worse, and the online was broken as long as I owned the game.

Fable 2 - Not a bad game but just insanely short, and all the side stuff was pointless/very boring.

MGS4 - had more fun watching the LOL  cutscenes in a row on youtube than actually playing the first half of the game.

Gran Tourismo 5 - prologue was an overpriced demo and this damn game has still not comeout?  /facepalm

Ds zelda games, thought they were AWFUL 

Motion controls in general at best have been tacked on annoyances outside of sports.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#37  Edited By Astras

Command and conquer 4,  I mean what the fuck is that game???
Superme commander 2, Did they just forget what supreme commander is???
Final fantasy 13,  WTF
Resident evil 5,  Couldn't get on with it.. the girl just annoyed me.
Startrek online,  LOL, tried Federation and then Klingon and the game is just the worst MPORG I have ever played, even worse than free to play games and runescape.
Fable 2 (after all Molineux's bullshit built me up AGAIN),
Far cry 2, It felt all wrong. 
Fifa 2010, After I converted to PRO Evo in 2002, I decided to give it another shot after what I had been reading online... and I should of stuck with PRO Evo 

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#38  Edited By Icemael

God of War III, Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty, No More Heroes, WipEout Pulse, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters and Pokemon HeartGold.

Goldenroad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Goldenroad

Surprised final fantasy 13 hasnt come up more, or is tht cos none of you bought it :P

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Goldenroad said:
"

Surprised final fantasy 13 hasnt come up more, or is tht cos none of you bought it :P

"
I blanked it from my memory. 

I fucking hated that game so much, such a goddamn waste of money. Only game I truly wish i'd never bought. And I buy a lot of shitty games.
ObsideonDarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#41  Edited By ObsideonDarman

Heavenly Sword, PROTOTYPE, The Force Unleashed

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By carlthenimrod

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, Perfect Dark: Zero, and Blue Dragon.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#43  Edited By mosespippy

Brutal Legend is by far the worst game I've played this generation, but Battlefield 1943 and GTA IV are terrible as well.

ScubaStoobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ScubaStoobie
@The_A_Drain said:
" @ScubaStoobie said:
" @The_A_Drain said:

I actually really liked this game. Really clunky controls and some parts were tedious but overall I loved the experience I had with this game. "
I really liked the game too, and some of the stuff it pulled off really well like the real-time burning, and I loved some of the concepts in the game like the light-averse puddle enemy and the physics puzzles, and some of the cinematic action was really well put together.  It just could have been so much more, I don't think i've ever seen so much wasted potential in one title before. And that ending. Fuck that ending. "
I was done taking the game seriously by the time the ending came around so I easily just laughed it off. Talking about this game kind of makes me want to play it again. Though I will probably change my mind pretty soon after. But yeah you are definitely right it could have been so much more.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#45  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Sweep said:
I played that game with 3 players locally. Recommended if your friends aren't douches that point out every 10 minutes how you are just slightly below their level, lol   :P 

I'm having a hard time coming up with a good choice. Maybe the original Saints Row since I played the demo and had such a good time, then rented it and didn't get far into the game at all. Also, I was generally bored playing it. So that was a bit disappointing.
ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46  Edited By ZenaxPure
@Laketown said:
" GTAIV "
Every other game I've bought this gen so far I've had at least some fun with, except GTA4.
bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By bhhawks78
@Goldenroad said:
"

"
Once I heard (30 hours until you get the real game) I laughed and was glad I wasn't going to have to put up with awful story/annoying-creepy characters
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#48  Edited By wefwefasdf

Gears of War 2. The singleplayer was great but the multiplayer was a complete disappointment. 

Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Clinkz

GTA IV, Street Fighter 4, Phantasy Star Universe, Resident Evil 5, Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

synysterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By synysterd

Gears 2, Brutal Legend, PROTOTYPE and pro evo 2008. Pro Evo hurt me the most it was unplayable online and ever since then it has been fifa all the way for me and i have not looked back