Danny O'Dwyer is moving to Sanny Franny!

• 112 results
flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

He reveals it on the latest episode of The Point. Will he be a permanent fixture at Giant Bomb? One can only hope... But I do pray that he will show up in more Giant Bomb content. That BioForge stuff was great.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Clonedzero

Did you just call it Sanny Franny...........?

Really dude?....Really?

(but yes, i like that dude, and bioforge was amazing)

peffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He said in his twitter & tumblr that he is going to be working for GameSpot in the SF office. It is always possible that he will turn up in more Giant Bomb stuff, but who knows if that will actually happen.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Hot dog! This is very good news.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@peffy said:

He said in his twitter & tumblr that he is going to be working for GameSpot in the SF office. It is always possible that he will turn up in more Giant Bomb stuff, but who knows if that will actually happen.

Pretty sure he will. I think he enjoys hanging out with the bomb crew.

Hengst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hengst

He works at Gamespot and will continue to work at Gamespot.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#7  Edited By pyromagnestir

He and Drew and Jeff need to get together and endurance run the fuck out of that alpaca game...

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Yesss. It will be much easier for him to be kidnapped by Giant Bomb this way >:D

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That would be amazing if he joined the Bombcast but Gamespot would be very dumb not to build everything around him he is the best they have right now.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm thinking Giant Bomb should conduct a secret hire in his case. Sure he's a "gamespot employee" but he should be an under-the-table member of Giant Bomb.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

So what you're saying is Vinny needs to dig up that Hotspot call ASAP for when Danny comes on the bombcast.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kishinfoulux

I don't get the love for this guy at all. Just because he stands out at GameSpot doesn't really say much. That place is devoid of likeable personalities.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get the love for this guy at all. Just because he stands out at GameSpot doesn't really say much. That place is devoid of likeable personalities.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux: how about the fact he has appeared in several pieces of Giant Bomb content and was great, and that he has legitimate charisma and meshed well with the guys.

You know, the reasons people "love the guy" that have been expounded upon quite a bit.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

try watching the bioforge live streams maybe?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TruthTellah

This is only the first step in the master plan.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Welcome to beautiful Sanny Franny

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@kishinfoulux: how about the fact he has appeared in several pieces of Giant Bomb content and was great, and that he has legitimate charisma and meshed well with the guys.

You know, the reasons people "love the guy" that have been expounded upon quite a bit.

I like to think of Danny as the Irish Vinny. They share a lot of the same genuine enthusiasm for games, and the tendencies to just dick around and find the humor in breaking games any way they can.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, I've enjoyed his appearances, especially in BioForge.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So...you're...saying...that since he stands out in a place devoid of likeable personalities...he is likeable? No offense, you can dislike whomever, but some people's criteria for enjoying personalities is pretty simple.

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm astonished to find out I'm not the only person who says Sanny Franny.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By chrissedoff

Sanny Franny bo banny banana fana fo fanny fee fi fo fanny

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sanny Franny

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@walkerd said:

As someone who lives in San Francisco, I can tell you that I've never seen or heard "Sanny Franny" before. In fact, I think if you did say that out loud around here, you may get punched in the face.

PSA for visitors: It's either San Francisco or The City. Not SF, Frisco, San Fran, or any other variation!

lun49gameon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lun49gameon

Danny O' Dwyer is the face of the new Gamespot, just like randy orton is the face of the WWE!!

I just want him to appear on a giantbomb unprofessional fridays.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I am all for more Danny/Giant Bomb crossover content. Now if only he'd work at GB for real and ditch those uncharismatic dullards at Gamespot...

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a coincidence! Back in California, my drag queen name was Sanny Franny.

/jk

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: I stand by my decision to always refer to it as Sanny Franny.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

Danny is the only good thing about Gamespot. Good for him! The chance to see him in more Giant Bomb stuff has me excited!

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yesyesyesyes, I hope he will become a part of more GB stuff.But he will probably stay at gamespot of course.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sanny franny?! home of danny tanny?!?!

No Caption Provided

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need to broadcast random encounter on GB now, and get Vinny involved. That would be Internet gold.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Big San-San.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

That accent is too sexy to be in any GB content, we just can't handle that kind of thing on this side of the "pond".!!!!!!!!1

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#36  Edited By Yummylee

I really wouldn't want Danny to join GB, as that would almost assuredly put an end to his The Point and Mount Stupid videos. Lord knows he wouldn't have nearly the budget to be involved in anything comparable when working at GB, either... Occasional appearances here and there would be the perfect middle ground, where he can still technically be a member of Gamespot, but also show up in (some) GB content.

@arbitrarywater said:

I am all for more Danny/Giant Bomb crossover content. Now if only he'd work at GB for real and ditch those uncharismatic dullards at Gamespot...

All of the GSUK folks (and some of GSAU, too) have charisma, especially Seb, and Johnny too, while is also (intentionally) kinda snooty a lot of the time. His Falling in Love with Lara videos were absolutely hilarious all the same. And of course the only reason so many people are so smitten with Danny in the first place is because of the Bioforge videos; he would otherwise be in complete obscurity for the most part, just like all of the other fine people over at Gamespot are currently.

I've for the longest time thought it was pretty unfair for so many people to still have such a skewed outlook on Gamespot, purely based on its US team, or because they don't even visit the site to begin with! Not saying you don't visit the site mind, just speaking in generalisations at this point. And even then, some of the US guys I find to be pretty likeable; Kevin VanOrd and Giancarlo Varanini certainly have personality at the very least.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

one step closer to joining giant bomb

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I love Danny but I dont think I would want him joining Giant Bomb. He's an all around talented guy but the stuff where he really shines is his written and heavily edited stuff which GB have shown they don't really care about anymore or at the very least dont have the resources for. This situation where he joins the Gamespot SF offices and then has the ability to occasionally show up in GB videos from time to time is the best outcome for me.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I was thinking about making this thread but after my previous Danny thread I was scared that it would solidify the theory that I have a crush on him.

And no one can know..

andrew2696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_v: I just started watching the highlights for Random Encounter and they are just delightful.

And if they want Vinny, Danny did say he wanted to finish Hatoful during the holidays. Weather that changed or anything I don't know since by recently I mean like Monday.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait Danny O'Dwyer working at Gamespot US? That's like if a squirrel on coffee would join the "convention for particularly boring sloths".... I just can't imagine that. An interesting personality on Gamespot? What?

lKennedyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck yea Irish. I like that guy. He's funny and has charisma and stuff. He says funny things like "Danger Mouse" instead of "dangerous" which is really, really funny to me. Also "Queenie pennies" and "amberlamps".

theodacourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#43  Edited By theodacourt

I really hope he shows up in more Giant Bomb stuff! Come over Danny, the water is cool.

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

Sanny Franny, short for Sancisco Francisco

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45  Edited By veektarius

@mb said:

@walkerd said:

As someone who lives in San Francisco, I can tell you that I've never seen or heard "Sanny Franny" before. In fact, I think if you did say that out loud around here, you may get punched in the face.

PSA for visitors: It's either San Francisco or The City. Not SF, Frisco, San Fran, or any other variation!

There is only one The City, and it is thousands of miles from there.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46  Edited By veektarius

That would be amazing if he joined the Bombcast but Gamespot would be very dumb not to build everything around him he is the best they have right now.

Yeah, Gamespot isn't exactly swimming in marketable talent. Unless they're tanking for first pick in the game personality draft, I doubt he's available.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Wait, why wouldn't you just say San Fran if you're going to go that route? Are you being intentionally cute?

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By GaspoweR

I'm cc'ing @dannyodwyer so he can tell us himself when he checks back in GB. ;)

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: I agree. Most of their original programming content comes from the UK/Aus offices, and I enjoy almost all of their personalities. Most of the writing talent is in the U.S., and that's their focus moreso than being personalities. Hopefully Danny brings a change in dynamics to that office...lol if anything just to make them more likeable in general.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@yummylee: I agree. Most of their original programming content comes from the UK/Aus offices, and I enjoy almost all of their personalities. Most of the writing talent is in the U.S., and that's their focus moreso than being personalities. Hopefully Danny brings a change in dynamics to that office...lol if anything just to make them more likeable in general.

I dunno, any time I open a video on GameSpot I'm greeted by an unfamiliar and scary accent. I don't even know WHO works at the US office at this point. Well, Carolyn Petit, thanks to the controversy I know she works there.