Danny O'Dwyer's Next Project

• 106 results
csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

@jay_ray: That's what I kind of assumed. I'm not entirely sure what a Patreon "creator" is classified as, since initially I figured Patreon was purely a means to help internet people pay rent. But their FAQ page does reference growing a business so it would make sense for NoClip to technically receive the funds, then pay Danny a salary out of it.

Looking at the nitty-gritty of this stuff is interesting. Such as this: "Patreon reduces processing fees by aggregating charges at the beginning of each month. For example, if a patron is a patron to more than one creator each month, Patreon only charges the patron once for all of the pledges. This reduces processing fees by reducing the total number of transactions, and the lower fee is split among the creators. That’s a good thing for all of us!"

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm super glad he made the leap for this. His feature videos and podcasts were the only real reason I went to GS anymore.

There are a lot of similar projects being done via Youtube/Patreon like Fully Charged and it seems to be filling that gap between independent freelancers and media companies while also enhancing the content these people can produce.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_ray said:

Without being an expert (and a Canadian), I am pretty sure that it would work like this: There is a NoClip company where Danny would send Patreon funds to, then he could use the funds to buy equipment, do payroll, etc. Danny would pay personal income on what NoClip pays him, and NoClip pays taxes with a ton of small business deductions which will probably be close to $0. This way should create the best tax situation, which should be a similar process in other countries.

I'm also almost 100% it's this. It would be silly to take in close to $200k as personal income and get taxed out the ass at a crazy high tax bracket.

None_Braver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By None_Braver

Hopefully he has a retirement account on his own.

namco51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By namco51

Okay, seriously though. What's the next project? The Rocket League one was so good, I wonder what's coming next?

Nevermind. It's DOOM https://twitter.com/dannyodwyer/status/794524200425885697?lang=en

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namco51 said:

Okay, seriously though. What's the next project? The Rocket League one was so good, I wonder what's coming next?

Due to your avatar I had to take a second to decide whether you're being silly or not but just in case you aren't; It's ID's latest DOOM. It's been announced for a bit now.

namco51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vierastalo: Thanks, just found out. I'm so stoked! Dis gun be good

namco51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Oh good lord, how timely is this trailer? https://youtu.be/_7zdNr7AnWI

And just a few hours after I busted my ass trying to figure out the next project! :P

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

He's on the PS I love you podcast that came out today.