Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Mar 24, 2016

This game melds elements from all previous Souls games and concludes the Dark Souls trilogy.

Dark Souls 3. Worth buying?

James781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm thinking about buying dark souls 3 for pc. I've wanted to play for a long time and now I'm thinking if it's worth buying. Tell me, is the game worth the money spent? 60 dollars for me, although not a big amount, but it's still a game... Help with advice please

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you've played other Souls games before, then yes it's one of the best to play. I think it's a lot of game for $60, but you can always wait for it to go on sale too if you're in no rush to play it.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say yes. It's probably the best playing of the Dark Souls games and the DLC does a nice job of being a "greatest hits" of the series and tying things up nicely (or at least, as neatly as anything ever gets tied up in Souls).

Having said that, if you've played Elden Ring, Dark Souls 3 might be sort of hard to go back to.

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Dark Souls 3 is my favorite of the series, and I’d happily recommend it. But definitely wait for a sale, where you can grab the version with the two DLCs (both of which I loved) for much cheaper than $60+. I think Steam has sold that package for $20 in the recent past. If the wait becomes intolerable, you’ll still get your money’s worth at full price.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

The servers are still down for all 3 of the souls games on PC. You should wait for a sale, and hopefully by then the servers will be back up. I only want servers for the messages, I don't do PvP.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I don't know how often the cycle for this game being on sale is on Steam/PC generally, but it was just on sale with all of the DLC included for $20 on PSN in their summer sale and I imagine the PC gets at least similarly thorough discounts several times a year. I don't have any opinion on the game myself (and held off buying it in that sale because I still have Demon's Souls to get back to if I'm looking to scratch that itch in a non-Elden Ring way) but if you're at all hesitant I'd strongly suggest just keeping an eye on it as that wasn't the first time I saw it so comprehensively discounted on the PS4/PS5.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Short answer: Yes. Keep eyes on Humble Bundle, Green Man Gaming, Gamesplanet and CD Keys for not having to pay $60 - $85 for the game and DLC. I got everything for $35 back in 2017, but between five storefronts, you're bound to run into a Bandi-Namco sale sooner rather than later.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By AV_Gamer

I think its the weakest of all the games, but its still a Souls game. So if you liked DS1 and DS2, then yes the game is worth playing.

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

It is my absolute least favourite of all the games. A real self-indulgent victory lap of a game that holds nothing but contempt for the interesting choices the game before it made. However it is the most "approachable" souls game if you're looking for a jumping on point.

siamesegiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is my absolute least favourite of all the games. A real self-indulgent victory lap of a game that holds nothing but contempt for the interesting choices the game before it made. However it is the most "approachable" souls game if you're looking for a jumping on point.

Absolutely this. It's the least interesting of any of the Soulsborne games, however in terms of how modern it is/approachable, it's a good place to start. $60 seems like a lot for a game this old, and one that likely regularly goes on sale, though I suppose it's fairly sizeable so you'd get your money's worth even at full price.

Yosus89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't buy it on PC, servers are out. Go for Xbox or PS if you can. And wait for a sale, it usually goes for $20 with DLC.

Kamakazie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, it is the best of the Dark Souls games in my opinion.

ArmoredMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if you can, wait for a sale. If not... maybe just go ahead to complete that dark souls trilogy. 😁

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FYI looks like the Steam version reactivated online features today. However, the game is not currently on sale. But when it does go on sale, you should be good to go for pvp and co-op.

Eelvac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I recently found it with all the DLC for 15 dollars at my local Walmart. Take a look for deals like it and I would say it’s totally worth it.

Xolotl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Souls 3 was my desert island game. It's got so much variety, that it's replayability is near infinite as far as I'm concerned.

Strongly recommend picking it up, especially with the DLC.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.