Dave Lang Marathon Gaming Stream for Charity (LIVE NOW)

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Branthog

A lot of duders have been watching Dave Lang's live stream all night, but I figured a lot of others might not know about it and regret missing it. It has been a blast, in typical Langzone style. He's raising money for Operation Supply Drop (raising money to help get gaming stuff to soldiers). He's also going to give every popcap game ever made (60 of them, I think?) away to a bidder donator in the next few minutes if you get in there and donate. I'm also going to give any game in my steam inventory to the winner (http://steamcommunity.com/id/branthog/inventory/).

http://www.twitch.tv/josephjbroni

Help a loyal GB duder out! (And sorry if this comes across as spammy, but come on - Dave Lang is practically family, right?). Even if you're not interested in the popcap stuff being raffled off in a few minutes, it's worth chipping in a few bucks, surely. :)

Edit: I said "bidder", instead of "donator". My bad. If you want the popcap stuff, he's basically doing $1 per ticket and then drawing the winner out of all that.

Update: Okay, 10:25 PM PT -- Lang drew a winner, so that raffle is over. BUT now there is a raffle coming up for the "every valve game" pack on Steam! (I don't know when this one is actually happening as Dave hasn't mentioned it again in the last little while . . .). Also, the winner of the PopCap games offered to raffle them off again, so they might be back up for donators overnight. :)

Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

"bidder" as in for every $1 donation you will get 1 ticket in the raffle for the Popcap games. Minimum donation is $10, and regardless of whether you win or not you will get SOMETHING for your donation.

Come on in, guys!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

It's not spam.

Speaking of spam, I had a spam sandwich from Jollibee yesterday and it was unexpectedly wonderful. Now I feel like a terrible person.

Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Stimpack

That sounds positively disgusting, MB. Cleanse yourself with a donation.

ouren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the troof

Karsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Karsh

Every donation gets you one step closer to Peggle Nirvana.

Also give Lang crap for his connection because I'll never live down the Divekick matches I lost to him

ouren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ouren

There are some Magic Planet Snack Deluxe codes for Vita on the line too!

Loading Video...

Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Stimpack

Raffle is over guys! But the donations are of course still accepted with prizes still being given out for donations until the stream ends!

*edit* Yep, new raffle will be coming up for http://store.steampowered.com/sub/29197/

ouren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valve Complete Pack is up for grabs next.

ALL the valve games.

Toastburner_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By Toastburner_B

He is now "raffling" off a Valve Complete Pack. Same rules as the Popcap bundle (each dollar equals a "ticket"), and he's doing it until 3 am Central time.

Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toastburner_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

Even if you aren't interested in the raffle, I'd say drop on by. Lang is very fun to listen to, and he is raising money for a good cause with Operation Supply Drop (http://www.operationsupplydrop.org/).

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

get up in here or get fucked, boi!

ouren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ouren

ALL POPCAP games are back in the drawing for donators!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

His stream has less viewers than I would've guessed, but then I may be grossly overestimating how many people give a fuck about Dave Lang.

Or in my case, I think he's a cool dude, but I don't follow him on Twitter or anything, so I probably wouldn't have heard about this stream if not for this thread.

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome! I just won something. Don't remember what it was but I'm still stoked. Everyone needs to come jump into the Lang Zone.

sadsadsad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sadsadsad
@stimpack said:

Raffle is over guys! But the donations are of course still accepted with prizes still being given out for donations until the stream ends!

*edit* Yep, new raffle will be coming up for http://store.steampowered.com/sub/29197/

Accidently shutting down the stream during that raffle was pretty special, some people might call it langesque.

edit: And blaming it on Steams (optional?) game update was pretty funny as well. (Not hating, more people should tune in because they´re missing out.)

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sadsadsad: Was hilarious. Resuming to him asking everyone "hey did you see who won?" and everyone freaking out and him not knowing if he still had the winner's number loaded up was great.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dave playing Legend of Grimrock really badly is super adorable. The controls are really unintuitive if you don't play the tutorial. He got killed by the first snail after feebly throwing all of his possessions at it. It was great.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

now entering the lang zone

Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

now entering the lang zone

Welcome aboard, we're still going strong here!

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Steven Lin dropping $500 and earning permanent god-like status in the middle of the night was probably the best thing that happened. And that's on top of his GB and Tested donations (now $2000+) this year. What a great duder.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Tis the season for tax write-offs.

Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't really care for bumping threads, but I want to keep this thing alive because it's still ongoing! Come on in and join the party, guys!

Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Stimpack

Guys, the PopCap game business is back on! *Branthog gave out his games already, though* Enter for a chance to win with your donation, and help out out veterans and Dave Lang's ego! We want to crush everyone into dust! Dave Lang shall be the most generous of all mankind!

The raffle for the PopCap collection will be ending in 1 hour and 24 minutes!

Remember $1 = 1 "ticket", with a minimum donation of $10.

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aight so anyone know who won the PopCap drawing?

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: That's something I haven't heard of in awhile. How's the Jollibee by the way? I haven't been to one here stateside.