Dave Snider Tribute?

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nail1080

Any one know if any of the GB staff wrote any blog posts or made a vid about Dave leaving? Did I miss one some where down the line? I know Dave wrote a blog himself about it, but it would be nice to see someone who worked with him give their thoughts. He did so much for the site and there would be no giantbomb without him.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No one wrote shit.

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I would love a final farwell live stream for Dave. Just him and the guys talking about memories and maybe playing the odd game here and there. For all of his contributions, its something that I think would be fitting for him.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By pr1mus

Snider

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By icicle7x3

Did he die?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rorie

Dave seemed to want to keep this a bit low-key, but I'm pretty sure he'll be around next week for a livestream so we can wish him the best officially. But he'll be back around in the future for sure, so it's not like he's saying goodbye forever. Given the video-heavy nature of the site, that's probably a bit more natural than having a bunch of text tributes. And more fun.

Everybody here knows that there wouldn't be a ComicVine or GiantBomb without Dave, so don't interpret a lack of fanfare as us being unappreciative. We just want to do it right. :)

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Awesome Matt. I hope thats arranged sometime in the near future.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@rorie: Don't suppose you're going to be on next week's bombcast as apart of your welcoming initiation??

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Maybe one day there will be a "Dave needs to be in more videos!" thread.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He left like a month ago - I am sure they had a private send off, drinks or whatever. Also the kid was dropping about that time so he had other things to worry about.

I believe he said they held off the announcement until the replacement was decided and Dave got to address it himself.

It was a clever bit of PR. If the announcement was "Dave's gone!" there would have been am internet shit storm with conspiracy theories and proclamations of doom and gamespot mergers. Instead it was "Dave's gone - we are all sad - but look at this shiny new Matt Rorie!".

Besides, as someone said, he isn't dead. He wasn't fired. He isn't moving state and just bought a house in the same town as Jeff and Ryan. Any gushing farewell tribute would have been a bit odd.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP Dive Sneeder

ElectricBeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is awful! I thought he just left. I can't believe he... RIP Dave.

Avatar image for live2brighteous
Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Live2bRighteous

RIP Davekick Sneider

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope we'll see him around man!

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Dalai

I would like to see a final farewell video of her on the site. She should make one last appearance for her fans.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By flasaltine

@rorie: Dave was servery lacking in the amount of video content he did... It was a shame. I know you are taking his job but please make an appearance in more content.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

RIP Dive Sneeder

Dave Sneezer was such a brave man.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Dauve Snoider is my second favorite after Geph Jhourstmaghnne.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Davi Schneider will be sorely missed. Long live Random Mac Game!

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You misspelled his name. In his tribute thread. YOU MUST PAY

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#22  Edited By joey

we'll miss you dang sneedoo

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goodnight, sweet prince.
Goodnight, sweet prince.

RIP in Peace, Fred Schneider.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By Humanity

Kind of weird how Dave just slid out. I guess if he wanted it to be low key then it certainly was. I don't follow the staffs twitter accounts religiously so one day I had to skip from thread to thread piecing together this intricate puzzle of "What Dave is leaving? What Rorie is getting hired? As community manager? What is that..is this all a joke?"

Should have put something up. I don't know about others but I certainly think this is a bigger news story for me than Roger Ebert passing away, which as tragic as it was, is only of passing interest to me.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You misspelled his name. In his tribute thread. YOU MUST PAY

No I'm referring to Dave Snider, you're just thinking of some random dude

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@rorie said:

Dave seemed to want to keep this a bit low-key, but I'm pretty sure he'll be around next week for a livestream so we can wish him the best officially. But he'll be back around in the future for sure, so it's not like he's saying goodbye forever. Given the video-heavy nature of the site, that's probably a bit more natural than having a bunch of text tributes. And more fun.

Everybody here knows that there wouldn't be a ComicVine or GiantBomb without Dave, so don't interpret a lack of fanfare as us being unappreciative. We just want to do it right. :)

So, the Old World way where you eat his heart to gain his courage? Cool. Can't wait for the live stream.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@humanity said:

Kind of weird how Dave just slid out. I guess if he wanted it to be low key then it certainly was. I don't follow the staffs twitter accounts religiously so one day I had to skip from thread to thread piecing together this intricate puzzle of "What Dave is leaving? What Rorie is getting hired? As community manager? What is that..is this all a joke?"

Should have put something up. I don't know about others but I certainly think this is a bigger news story for me than Roger Ebert passing away, which as tragic as it was, is only of passing interest to me.

This was the only thing that happened on twitter, after which the Dave/Rorie blog posts went up.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By MildMolasses

Goodnight, sweet prince.
Goodnight, sweet prince.

RIP in Peace, Fred Schneider.

His lobster is rocking that love shack in the sky

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

ETA on the Youtube Dave Snider tribute video?

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By coakroach

He'll be back.

THEY ALWAYS COME BACK.

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea, before he leaves and never comes back, he HAS to finish either Omikron or Bladerunner and the GB Flight Club needs a "last ride."

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

It would be kinda cool if they did a Roast of Dave.

I

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

@humanity said:

I have to say, it's a little frustrating when things like this aren't posted as news articles on the site. They really really need to start putting important changes up front. I totally appreciate Dave's decision to leave and understand it, but these kinds of stories ALWAYS end up relegated to the forums, which some people never even go to. The last thing I can think of kind of bothering me for the same reason was that they apparently added new support channel without really publishing that information anywhere except the forums, where only so many people will ever see it.

A "Hey guys, here's what's changing on the site" article should show up when stuff like this happens. Especially when stuff like "dude what didn't like vidya games died" gets more attention than "what's happening on the site I actually use and care about." lol.

As for a live stream, that's all well and good but many people won't even see that.

But, luckily Dave isn't really gone, he's just going to be the Giant Bomb version of Garry Whitta, which is fine by me because Garry is awesome!

Still, please, GB staff, stop hiding news about site changes on the forums. Let us know what is going on. I saw the threads about dave and rorie pretty early but plenty still haven't.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dave and Vinny's Random PC game vids were the sole reason I became a subscriber.... this sucks...

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mordeaniischaos said:

There's a new support channel? One of the main reasons I turned off auto-renew was a complete lack of customer support (things like billing problems, site bugs is a whole 'nother story) after the CBSi purchase. I lurk on the forums quite a bit and don't recall seeing this.

I'm a huge GB fan but for all they talk about transparency many times it's just not there.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tribute Song

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@rorie said:

That's understandable and all, but then why don't you at least put out a video with an official announcement? Showing up on video features and making passive and minimal remarks about your employment is just causing confusion.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By EquitasInvictus

I'm really hoping some really overemotional tribute videos of Dave with some sappy tribute song playing over it end up on YouTube as a result of this thread. It'd be pretty hilarious.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What!?!?!?!? !?!?!? !?!?! I never caught this before now. Who's going to play random obscure pc games with Vinny now? Man.. what a bummer. The subscriber stuff just lost half it's value in my eyes =(

kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He said in a Bombcast that he wanted to leave like Bon Jovi, just dissapearing one day. I guess he fullfilled is dream after all.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RonGalaxy

Jeff almost cried on the jar time where he talks about dave leaving

Also, he said dave left that way because thats how HE wanted it to happen. Respecting his wishes > tribute to appease readers

Fake_Empire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rongalaxy: I know this post is quite a while later but do you remember which Jar Time that was?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I hate that the only place I can get any Snide content is the dadcast which has been regulated to twice a year now. I know they said he would be around often but we must have different interpretations of the word, often to me is every few months, he's done a handful of things with the site in these two years so often is a word I would use to describe this. I know schedules and shit happen but still, I miss Dave, you and Vinny were always the best duo in videos and stinks we will never have that anymore.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By nightriff

@dudeglove: I bet he does during the bigger streams just like he did UPF when everyone was in town in December. Its more the smaller content that it seemed like he was going to be apart of, like Dave and Drew doing a flight club every once in a while

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

@nightriff: It's not a ton of content, but Dave and Ian have done six episodes of them playing Icewind Dale. Not sure whether they're intending to keep doing content like this though. http://icewind.rocks/

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rongalaxy: I know this post is quite a while later but do you remember which Jar Time that was?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@y2ken: Yeah I've been meaning to watch that feature. Dave and Ian are awesome duders that I wish I watched more of there content and their work was more relevant to my interests.