Deals that were a Steal

NachoBizNas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By NachoBizNas

A thread to post your consumer conquests. Please don't post links to marketplaces.

I don't know if the Giant Bomb community is into this, but I like sharing deals I got with people who may be interested to get them as well. Hope other like minded folks would like to share! :D!

Anyways, I was able to pick up a PAL version of Mario Maker for $25 including S&H on eBay. Very happy with that find.

OceanEve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just bought gravity rush 2 on ebay for 35 bucks! ^_^ (I think there are still copies if anyone is interested) I'm really interested in trying that one out!

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought Mafia 3 at a local retailer for 17€ for the xbox one yesterday, feeling pretty good about it.

cannoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was at Gamestop a while back and found a new copy of Skyrim Special Edition for PS4 that was mislabeled as being 50 percent off. The cashier was nice enough to let me get it for $30 since it was on display for that price, even though it was in their system as being $60. I'd only ever played a small chunk of vanilla Skyrim and the Dawnguard DLC on 360, so getting the full game and all the add-ons for $30 was pretty cool.

NachoBizNas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cannoli: Dude, so jealous! I once had that happen to me with a bunch of Wii games and they said "Opps, that's not right!" Didn't give me a single one at that price and made me feel like a fool. (∩︵∩)

TVippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything Nintendo for $50 instead of $60 is a freaking steal, because Nintendo thinks it's BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE and the value of its products is higher than everyone else's. If Mario Maker was made by any other company, you wouldn't consider $10 a "steal" at this point. This ain't right.

TVippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TVippy

@cannoli: Dude, so jealous! I once had that happen to me with a bunch of Wii games and they said "Opps, that's not right!" Didn't give me a single one at that price and made me feel like a fool. (∩︵∩)

You could've stood your ground and DEMANDED they sell you all of them at that price. They would've had no choice.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I just bought Mirror's Edge Catalyst for $8, and Rise of the Tomb Raider for $20. I thought they're alright for the price.

NachoBizNas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

\@tvippy said:

Anything Nintendo for $50 instead of $60 is a freaking steal, because Nintendo thinks it's BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE and the value of its products is higher than everyone else's. If Mario Maker was made by any other company, you wouldn't consider $10 a "steal" at this point. This ain't right.

Yea duder, they're just like Apple when it comes to value retention. It's silly, but that just happened to be the way the cookie crumbled. *shrug*

The only reason why I got it for $25 was because it was a PAL version and I've homebrewed my Wii U, so region locks don't matter. US versions of the game are still quite high.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nachobiznas: Depending on the country and state you're in, it can be illegal for retailers to not honor the price they've listed on a product; regardless of whether they intended for that price to be offered. You should look into what the law is where you live, so if it happens again you'll know what your rights are.

As for me, several years ago (maybe 10 at this point; jeez) at a used game story I bought a two-fer of Suikoden and Suikoden II for $20. I think both games are on PSN now so the rarity doesn't matter anymore; but at the time copies of Suikoden II were usually over $100.

GuitarGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GuitarGod

Pretty much PSN flash sales. Got witcher 3 complete edition for like 24 bucks. Got tomb raider, sleeping dogs, metro 2033 -- for like 7 bucks each, total steal.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Last week I got Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. for $8 :o

NachoBizNas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@beachthunder: Good get. I was looking at that game. Is it good?

No idea yet (haven't gotten around to playing it), but at that price it was too good to pass up. Honestly, I've heard some pretty mixed things about the game (Austin Walker was pretty negative about it in his GameSpot review), so I'm not sure I'd recommend picking it up unless you can also get a good deal.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked up Mankind Divided for about $10 the other day. I have no idea if that's actually a good deal because I haven't played the game yet.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought 10 copies of Dark Souls: PTDE for $4 on Steam due to a pricing error before they fixed it. Needless to say a few people I knew got into the Dark Souls franchise after that.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Physical Killer7 OST for 50 kangaroo dollars.

It's difficult enough to just find someone selling.

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorta gaming related? Just got a Lenovo Ideapad 510 for $600 in a Lenovo clearance sale. Normally $780. It doesn't have a dedicated gaming chip but it has an i7 and a 256GB SSD which I think I can upgrade if I need to. Absolute steal considering I was about to get a flimsy Acer for about $70 less.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder: i got it for $5 used, haven't even opened it yet though it seemed like a servicable xcom-like.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got Darkwing Duck for new for $3 Because the store misread eBay prices (they never actually marked prices and were always rude so I held em to it)

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@beachthunder: I normally love games like that especially ones made by intelligent systems but I checked out pretty quickly on that one. It's just even with the patch it's kinda plodding. I think it would have better off if the camera angle was more bird's eye view instead of so close to the ground. Definitely some neat ideas in there though, the boss fights are pretty crazy.

8 dollars is a great deal though, you might enjoy it more than I did.

Eroq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought a digital version of Forza Horizon 3 for 20 dollars the day it came out. Someone had seemingly screwed up with the pricing on the target website and they honored the purchase, so I was pretty happy.