Dear Internet: Please Provide Alex Navarro-Related Content Ideas

Blind_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#151  Edited By Blind_Evil

Still waiting on that segment where you ride the subway and ask dudes what they're playing on their PSPs. Or Vitas, if you see one. I have one. I probably shouldn't.

ChuckDeNomolos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By ChuckDeNomolos

Beat up street toughs and drive a muscle car. Dave can fly out to make guest appearances.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#153  Edited By Branthog

Do a series of Mug Time videos. :P

I'll need to think on this. I do like seeing play-throughs of older content though (preferably anything that isn't current-gen).

Regardless, it's pretty fantastic to reach out to the community and ask them for ideas. I tip my hat.

ferratus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#155  Edited By ferratus

Glad to see you're planning on producing even more content next year.

Honestly, while it's more work, I would love to see you on video more often. Since you don't have a couple of video guys helping you with filming and editing I understand you can't do what the guys in the office can, but you're fantastic in front of the camera. The (obvious, at least to me) suggestion of having you review or play terrible game is great (you're FANTASTIC at this) and as been suggested often already, but I would love to see you do some Jar-like stuff. Any video stuff really. It was great having your thoughts on movies & TV shows over at Screened while it lasted and obviously those are not content that go on GB really well, but maybe from time to time.

In any case, glad to have more editorial content from you.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#156  Edited By Brendan

Stand in a room full of mirrors, and play Space Team with yourself.

Better ideas to come later.

alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#157  Edited By alex

@DarthOrange: Well now it's just going to be free for everyone except you. Nice going, meanie.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Oldirtybearon

While I highly doubt there's any chance in hell of this happening, I'd like to see a more structured retrospective of old games. Like Encyclopedia Bombastica, but not watching you play a game and half-remembering your childhood while you play that game. Something substantial. Like Half-Good or Defending Your Movie (Game?). I think you're at your best when doing those types of features.

mden2013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#159  Edited By mden2013

Actually, I thought of this while reading a review of it: Giant Bomb plays a full game of Risk Legacy. For the uninitiated, RL is Risk with permanence, making permanent changes to the board and rules over the course of fifteen rounds. I've not heard a single negative thing about it. The game is changed by secret additions and rule changes that are triggered by certain qualifications-- x major cities, y troops per turn, etc-- and this makes it a board game with spoilers. Alex could totally play via satellite along with the five SF based duders, and it could unfold over fifteen weekly segments, maybe open to all live and archived for subscribers. I think you guys could totally pull it off and that there'd be interest in it for sure.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By DonPixel

Somenthing related to peripheral videogame lore, stuff like movies, anime, novels or whatever related to a given videogame universe. Also more snark; becaue your snark is held to high standars, and I apreciate that.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Clonedzero

fun stuff would be fun

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Sanity

I feel like whatever you do it should be cynical, that's really what you do well.

Dont mean this in a bad way, just your writing style and general views on things tend to lean towards being sarcastic and cynical. What about drudging up horrible games from the past?

I would also love to just watch you talk or play anything too, i can understand it if you get tired of playing shitty games.

Jokers_Wild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Jokers_Wild

I hate to jump on this bandwagon, but you reviewing terrible games is always fun. That said, I'll enjoy any Alex Navarro content.

galacticgravy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By galacticgravy

I'd like to see you integrate your film knowledge into something. Maybe pick up the reigns on TANG?

*EDIT*

Also how about a "Defend Your Game" thing like the movie feature from Screened? When I first laid eyes on you defending Event Horizon, a favorite of mine, I knew it was a feature I'd love.

**EditEdit**

I have something...weird...to say. I know people enjoy your "cynical" take on things, but I think you should move away from that. I swear, I'm not some unshowered hippie. I've grown up as a cynical asshole, too. I'm in my late 20's now, and I'm beginning to see just how destructive it's been for me. It's easy to want to see (and make) cynical pieces. I'm guilty of it too, although I'm just some nobody. I've just seen a lot of people say "Yeah! rip on some shitty games!" In an effort to bring all of us out of the "parent's basement" of the mind, I'd like to suggest that you stay less cynical. I'm not saying super positive, though, if it would be fake. If you tell me to go fuck myself, and that I don't know you, and who am I to tell you what to do, that's fine. I just feel that I need to distance myself from comfortable cynicism more often than not, and I'd also like to be able to view your work, so in a way this is a selfish request on my behalf.

Australia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Australia

Well I figure that you like music a lot and are pretty good at talking about music, so why not talk about great game sound tracks or something? That could be fun right?

tl;dr talk about good game music

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#166  Edited By Monkeyman04

I would like to throw my hat into the Defending Your Game idea.

NickNotch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By NickNotch

Alex Navarro presents.. "so, thats like, a thing." Take a look at video game trends and whether they're good or bad. That's all the effort I want to put into this.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By zeforgotten

Yeah, the Defend Your Game thing seems like a great idea. 
But with a twist!: You're arguing with all four walls in your little office! 

kingofpeanuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#169  Edited By kingofpeanuts

Giantbomb need someone to look at the worst of the worst games. Every year tones of terrible games are released and never quick looked (see Neverdead). Kind of like the month of terrible movies but with games.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By beepmachine

I haven't read this entire thread (who actually reads anymore right?) but I've always loved your ability to take something insane and say it/write it in a really clear and hilarious way. So I think it would be awesome for you to show off games with crazy histories, great anectdotes, or insane backstories. Basically like a Twilight Zone of absurd gaming history.

Another idea is to maybe show off some of the east coast gaming scene. We see or hear a lot about what's going on way out there in California, but what about what's happening on the streets in NY?

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Haruko

@kingofpeanuts said:

Giantbomb need someone to look at the worst of the worst games. Every year tones of terrible games are released and never quick looked (see Neverdead). Kind of like the month of terrible movies but with games.

I concur Masterpiece of Crap Theater sounds like an amazing idea.

xMEGADETHxSLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By xMEGADETHxSLY

Talk About Nick Cage movies.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Ravenlight

Work on handwriting, I guess?

DemiGodRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By DemiGodRaven

At some point, someone on this site needs to cover Rising Zan: The Samurai Gunman for Ps1, so if you're willing to fall on that sword then more power to you.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#175  Edited By Little_Socrates

I think a weekly "Alex Talks About His Favorite Game Of The Week" video podcast would be an incredible boon to the site. I get that you can't be on the podcast every week, so you should have a show where you talk about what you've been playing and loving. I've known The Walking Dead would be your GOTY for weeks, but that's because I follow you on Twitter, not because the 5/5 star review told me so immediately.

Not enough love in the world of games. Shouldn't one of the world's best critics discuss the world's best games?

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By penguindust

How about an "If We Remade..." but for video games. I'd like to hear what you would do to make notable video games better or at least more entertaining in their awfulness.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#177  Edited By Hizang

@Alex: Do a weekly check in on either Playstation HOME or Runescape, I am very interested in how those are doing, but not interested in playing them myself.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#178  Edited By ajamafalous

Literally anything as long as it means more Alex content.

I'd even be totally down for your own Jar Time equivalent.

Lifestrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Lifestrike

Content that allows you to reprise the phrase

"hot blasts of poop"

as often as possible.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Jimbo

Please aim higher than 'Watch me deliberately get exasperated at bad games'.

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Fruitcocoa

Being a musician myself I really would like to read about music in video-games. Weekly lists of music in video-games would be awesome, or music related video-games.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#182  Edited By Hunter5024

Every week buy like 50 dollars worth of value menu fast food, and see if you can eat it all in one sitting- on camera. Also there can be a video game.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By musclerider

Alex Navarro's Hall of Shame.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Alex Navarro's bomb disposal. Play the worst games out there. Xbox live indie -section should have steady stream of new stuff and past is cluttered with all kinds of crap - oh and Japan...

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#185  Edited By Mezmero

Do a continuation of This Ain't No Game in which you review cartoons based on video games. You could give retrospective on stuff like Captain N, Saturday Supercade, and Super Mario Bros Super Show. While I would like it to be in a video format I could picture it as a miniature podcast session as well. The problem would be that you would be competing with 80's Cartoon Podcast (who are really funny). Regardless of what you do I still really like your editorials especially the ones you did on screened. Keep up the great work.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By sirdesmond

@GlenTennis said:

I'd love maybe some sort of Hall of Shame. Let's be honest, you're a magnificent when ripping things to shreds so I'd love to see some shining examples of turds in gaming picked apart by you.

I approve of this idea.

Avatar image for stranger_danger
Stranger_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Stranger_Danger
abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By abendlaender

@Stranger_Danger said:

Nicolas Cage >>>>> Pauly Shore

Well, that's a no brainer and.....oh.....I see what you did there.

Moving on

Kieran_ES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#189  Edited By Kieran_ES

I'd love to see you write about what playing, and reviewing, hundreds of terrible games does to your perception of games in general - especially in comparison to the average player. This has been superficially discussed, but it would interesting to really go into it.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By korwin

@Alex said:

Shitty games played by me are definitely on the table. Whether they'll be part of the Encyclopedia Bombastica series or their own thing is currently under debate. By me. To no one. I basically yell at the walls of my office, a lot.

I'm sad all the time.

It could be the Uncyclopedia Bombastimeh

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

How about recreating The Wicker Man in WWE 13?

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Icemo

I second playing bad games and music related games, but be the Giant Bomb's Free-to-play editor. That would be a terrible terrific job.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#193  Edited By Ramone

Play well regarded games from genres you hate and see if your opinion changes on that genre at all.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#194  Edited By Marz
Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Feanor

@Alex: Defending your game

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

What about some sort of Nicolas Cage thing where you

IceOrb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By IceOrb

@Alex: Honestly man, if any of those assorted doodads let you make your own quick looks that'd be pretty neat. Not saying that I think you should be on hand for every quick look of the truly awful games that come out. But I gotta say your specific charm was not on hand and greatly missed during the Thundercats quick look.

Also someone else mentioned it but yeah I'd totally watch you sift through the terrible indie games on XBLIG. It'd be really cool to see if you could find some real diamonds in the rough there.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#198  Edited By fox01313

I know that Ryan for a while was looking at the game related movies that came out with TANG collection of videos, but since the last one, there's been other movies that came out that deserve a critical eye of Alex and possibly Ryan to investigate further. This along with other articles/audio/video from Alex (whatever he thinks up) for me would be great for the site.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#199  Edited By musubi

This is insanely ambitious but Id live to see Alex do a trivia show about video games where he interviews professional wrestlers and asks them trivia about video games and then it always ends with Alex being put through the Spanish announce table DONT ASK ME WHY ALEX WOULD HAVE A SPANISH ANNOUCE TABLE IN HIS HOUSE AND JUST GO WITH IT.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Shortbreadtom

The opposite of Encyclopedia Bombastica, where instead of giving great games their props, you tear into some old bad games.