Dear Internet: Please Provide Alex Navarro-Related Content Ideas

spaghettitime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351  Edited By spaghettitime

Isn't it your job to come up with content ideas? I mean if I come up with some primo material do I get a taste?

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#352  Edited By Funkydupe

I'd like to see playthroughs of games that you (Alex) are interested in, and you could give us insight to how you review a game along the way. That way it'd be content with multiple angles to it. Sure there are playthroughs of random people on YouTube but it'd be different with a professional reviewer doing the commentary even if done casually + you could have an end product in the form of a written review. Everybody loves Endurance Runs here and it'd scratch some of that itch as well I'm sure. Episodic content is well received is my impression.

Ett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#353  Edited By Ett

Since this is getting to be a big part of gaming and even bigger in the future. Why not go down the speed run rabbit hole. You could do the whole thing .

Doesn't have to be a big and long game. You could pick Nes or Snes game you liked/loved in the past. Look up the speedrun guide and try to do it.

You could record your training and maybe livestream your attempt at a personal record.

It would bring some unique content to the site.

http://kb.speeddemosarchive.com/Main_Page

SpicyRichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354  Edited By SpicyRichter

Yea, bad games

The game equivalent of: lay your nuts on a dresser, just your nuts laying on a fucking dresser, and bang them shits with a spiked fucking bat. What's up? BLOW!

siamesegiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Generally (from the site I mean, not from yourself) I'd just like to see more video features/reviews. All video content seems to be streamed these days and the lack of 'produced' content seems a bit of a swizz, especially for subscribers. Aside from yourself and Patrick I have a hard time figuring out what the other writer/editorial guys do half the time. Love the Guns of Navarro, so keep that up!

Avatar image for eddie_and_the_fist_monkeys
Eddie_and_the_Fist_Monkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might I suggest a look at the moments that have changed video games, key moments in it's history considering all facets; from the games themselves, the breakthroughs and headlines attributed to them, to those who make them. No chronological linearity required it's more importantly moments and people you feel users would be interested in as they illuminate some aspect about games that we would find engaging. Some sort of time line can come later once the series has been established.

I think you have a solid team at GB and whether it be through professional skills or purely having been on the front line at the time when the industry has been at it's most controversial, interesting and insane, provides you all with the facilities to do this right and in an informative and idiosyncratic way.

My suggestion for the title of the project would be, 'DONE CHANGED THE GAME'.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@siamesegiant Patrick tackles sexism, Jeff does Jar Time/Quick Look everything, Brad reviews every game that comes out every week, Vinny does whatever awesome shit it is that he does, Alex does the (excellent) Guns articles, and Ryan edits the podcast all week. I would actually really love to see Ryan do a Jar Time type video once a month. I feel like the only time we ever hear what he has to say about shit is on the podcast and you can never get enough R.D.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#358  Edited By csl316

I'd like to see Alex review old reviews.

Revisit what people had to say about games in the late 90's to see why the hell their opinions were crazy, or laugh at phrases like "the photo realistic visuals of Ridge Racer Type 4." Hearing them talk about the Asteroids review on TNT while they played the game was wonderful. If you got a copy of a poor game that reviewed decently, it'd be nice to reexamine.

But Guns is awesome, @alex, and I've really begun looking forward to it every week.

siamesegiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimluck343: Brad has reviewed two games so far this year, and I'm not sure that a sporadic Jar time and an occasional Quick Look Everything from his bed room qualifies Jeff as productive. Hopefully now the new site is up and running we'll see more content from all those guys.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

McBobbyFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@c0v3rt said:

Sticking with the concept that you play a lot of bad games, play a game that's negatively received critically. Show why it sucks but then show a mechanic, plot device, or something about the game that doesn't suck that people may know about because they never gave it a fair shot.

I love this idea by @c0v3rt. Maybe grow this segment with games you loved while others did not? The mechanics, plot devices, and what not would be the supporting reasons for why you enjoyed the games you choose.

TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

I like Alex's snarky writing style and much prefer his written stuff over video. In video, he tends to try to be funny too hard, instead of just letting the natural flow of Navarro happen.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Games based off of movies?

seamus85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#364  Edited By seamus85

i really enjoy Alex writing style but i really miss him on video.

indieslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see something where the evolution of a specific game mechanic, or cinematic shot, or something like that is traced throughout several games and analyzed. I don't know if you'd be interested in that, but I'd like to see it.

MacPhisto87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By MacPhisto87

I posted this as a separate forum article before I saw this. http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/defending-your-game-feature-1427257/#9

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Alex I'd like to see more encyclopedia bombastica from you. You did a good job of explaining Amplitude and WCW vs NWO.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this thread violates forum rules.

Cubical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#370  Edited By Cubical
Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#371  Edited By Zleunamme

Nicholas Cage fan fiction if it hasn't been suggested before.

VarkhanMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

I'm thinking Alex playing MMO's could be pretty funny, especially when it comes to terrible ones. If not, more Encyclopedia Bombastica could be wonderful. Now if only we could get Matt Rorie to guest with him on a video, but they're miles and miles apart :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5a995178e28eb
deactivated-5a995178e28eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Film a video of Alex playing this old PC game called Big Rigs.

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@alex: Alex I was watching a developer diary for Evil Within earlier and noticed there were a few westerners working for the Japanese development studio Tango Gameworks.

I also remember that when THQ went under it was rumored that Platinum hired a few individuals who worked for Volition.

While this may be more under Patrick's line of work possibly I would love to hear an interview from an western individual who's gone from working in Europe or the U.S to working in Osaka or Tokyo for a Japanese studio.

It would be really interesting to hear about the culture changes in their workplace developing a game and everyday life.

mikejamoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Guns of Navarro is great, but I would love more Alex-y video content. I know it must be difficult as you're separated from the rest of the gang (especially the video producers), but the Encyclopaedia Bombastica stuff was great - more of this!

lamzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377  Edited By lamzor
Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#378  Edited By Nardak

Wanting a cut of players gameplay is a pretty tacky move from Nintendo. Here we have a relatively large gaming company wanting to nickle and dime the people who bought your product in the first place.

Are things that desparate at Nintendo that all ways of generating income are now acceptable?