I don't know why I loved it so much, but it was pretty rad

banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By banksrob

in my opinion, short but really good and they gotta make a sequel for that ending

aemaeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By aemaeth

It's a damn good game.

Anyone who denies this fact has no face.
xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By xplodedd

its okay, repetitive.. go to the assassins creed forum as armacore said, thats where it belongs.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xplodedd

its okay, repetitive.. go to the assassins creed forum as armacore said, thats where it belongs.

sdodd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By sdodd02

there was some good stuff, but there was also some stuff I didn't like.

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Blu_Magic

I enjoyed it too. I hated the ending though.

stAtic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stAtic

I liked it.... For a while. It got repetitive, so I havent finished yet.

Kevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Kevin

Played it up to a point where the graphics, scale, and animation wore off on me. Then all you're left with is a crappy pseudo-scifi story and the same 3 tasks to accomplish over and over.

Shinedown220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Shinedown220

Assassin's Creed was a pretty good game, but not great. I look forward to the next AC. I hope they can improve some of the first games shortcomings.

Pikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pikachu

I really liked it, the ending... well i wont into details about that

davecuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By davecuk

This should probably have been put in the Assassins Creed forum what meh whatever..

I thought it was a great game and finished it in a couple of sittings, just couldn't put it down. It was one of the best games of 2007 for me and wouldn't need much changed besides more variation in the mini missions (pick pocket, eavesdropping etc) for me to be excited about a sequel.

wowzers002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By wowzers002

still havn't played it lol but planning to rent it soon

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By BlackWaterCO

General Disscussion is open grounds about GENERAL GAME DISSCUSSION

Anyway, I hope they are at least planning a AC2

ErrorSyntax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ErrorSyntax

2/5 for me

Moose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Moose

It's great until you get about halfway, and realize it's as repetitive as Pac-Man.
Such a shame the great assassination sequences had to be broken up by pointless flag collecting tasks.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By BlackWaterCO

flags were optional but your entitled to your own opinion

Vanquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vanquish

Very repetitive with a mediocre story. The PC makes attempts to fix this and somewhat succeeds.

Lombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lombax

the game was quite good to me, one of the better games i played last year. A lot of people will tell you it is repetitive, and it is if you are the kind of person who will focus on one game at a time and not deviate. if you play it when you are in the mood then that problem goes away. 

the game has a very interesting story 
very solid graphics / some of the best animations ever 
right now I think its pretty cheap new and used in my opinion its a worthwhile game to play. 

I am looking forward to the next chapter. 

Rain_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rain_Dog

Like everyone else is saying, it was way too repetitive. I still enjoyed the gameplay enough to finish the game, though, so I would say "Good". Could have been great if they put a little more diversity into the mission structure.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By suneku

It was fun for awhile but yeah... missions got way to repetitive.

GagJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GagJ

I really disliked this game, the "free-running" looked cool butreuqired so little input, the story was drab and the combat archaic. 1/5 for me

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#23  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Again, the mission structure was way too repetitive.  The combat was okay, but it would benefited from a more fluent system that caused more than one enemy to attack at a time.  The stealth mechanics were virtually non-existent save for the fact that running made you an immediate target.  The game should have had subtitles, I couldn't hear most of what they were saying.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Shadow

I absolutely loved it. What took it for me was the conversations in the game.  I would listen to the first part of a conversation and want to argue with the guy...but I can't because it's a videogame...and then right when he's done and I just want to go in and say "LOOK you're wrong and here's why," the guy on the other end of the conversation says my exact viewpoint on the subject.  I absolutely loved that part of it and it's what elevated it from good to awesome in my book.

JazzMaverick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JazzMaverick

I loved Assassins creed..the gameplay was a little repetitve,but i thought it had an intresting story,the free running was fun and it looked amazing on my lcd. 

4.5 - 5 for me.

Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cleric

I would give it 3/5.

It's repetitive, the story is convoluted and the enemy AI is just laughable.

Technically speaking tough, it's one of the best titles to grace a gaming console.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Shadow

I absolutely loved it. What took it for me was the conversations in the game.  I would listen to the first part of a conversation and want to argue with the guy...but I can't because it's a videogame...and then right when he's done and I just want to go in and say "LOOK you're wrong and here's why," the guy on the other end of the conversation says my exact viewpoint on the subject.  I absolutely loved that part of it and it's what elevated it from good to awesome in my book.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Shadow

Avatar image for south_of_heaven
South_Of_Heaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By South_Of_Heaven

I hate it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's actually a very good game, but it slips a little short. It had great potential, but I blame marketing...

A really fun game, good story (maybe not the ending...), and just a generally good looking game. Where it LACKS though is in the repetitiveness, as well as the variety (or lack of). But really it depends on the player, some can play around for hours and hours just running from building to building taking out guys and whatnot, while others get tired of it quickly; so it all depends.

But yeah 4 stars would be good, I think. Disregard those who hate the game, and just focus on your opinion not anyone elses.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's actually a very good game, but it slips a little short. It had great potential, but I blame marketing...

A really fun game, good story (maybe not the ending...), and just a generally good looking game. Where it LACKS though is in the repetitiveness, as well as the variety (or lack of). But really it depends on the player, some can play around for hours and hours just running from building to building taking out guys and whatnot, while others get tired of it quickly; so it all depends.

But yeah 4 stars would be good, I think. Disregard those who hate the game, and just focus on your opinion not anyone elses.

outlaw4020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By outlaw4020

I wrote a brief review on it on my page.  Go check it out. 

pretty much i summed it up as being very fun the first 4-6 hours and then very repetitive and boring the rest of the game.  i gave it 2.5 stars.  Its not very long so i would say go rent it.  your pretty much wasting your money if you buy it, you wont have much urge to play it again after you beat it.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By zitosilva

I thought it was terrible and I think it is offensive to release such a thing and call it a game. It's Pac Man with good graphics, you'll do the same thing throughout the entire game... I'd rather play Pac Man any given day, at least it gets challenging eventualy.

And I won't even talk about that ending, which is no ending at all, but more of a "buy our next game, or else you get nothing!".

stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By stephengotlost

I loved it, it's great if you play the game in short bursts.

veiledmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 18

#35  Edited By veiledmuffin

It was great, except for a few flaws here and there.  Plus, the ending sucked.

4/5 is about right, I'd say.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By RVonE

I loved Assassin's Creed. Sure the missions were a little repetitive--okay, they were VERY repetitive--but the Story was alright, the world was gorgeous and it had a great atmosphere. I had a blast just messing around in the city or try to fight as many guards in succession without dying or take on the largest group of guards possible. Good stuff, I tell you.

JoshB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By JoshB

could not for the life of me get into that game. I tried, I got about half-way through, but I just couldn't finish... too repetitive... I was so disappointed because I really wanted to like it/

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Illmatic

The parkour and actual assassinations were incredibly fun. The stuff around it, not so much. I really think it's still a bit too talked down on.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By HairyMike87
armacore said:
"Assassin's Creed forum.
"
Agreed.
sizu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By sizu

I really enjoyed Assassin's Creed.  The game design definately has flaws, but overall it was an enjoyable experience.  Not one that I would wish to replay, but I don't feel I wasted my time finishing it.  Hoping the sequel develops the store, and design mechanics further.

pbhawks45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41  Edited By pbhawks45

I didn't like it very much. For the amount of hype it got, it failed to deliver on many areas, especially on keeping the gameplay element fresh. It's like they copied and pasted the first 30 minutes of the game onto the rest of the story (Sorry if that made no sense).

pbhawks45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42  Edited By pbhawks45

I didn't like it very much. For the amount of hype it got, it failed to deliver on many areas, especially on keeping the gameplay element fresh. It's like they copied and pasted the first 30 minutes of the game onto the rest of the story (Sorry if that made no sense).

unworthyBOZO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By unworthyBOZO

I hate it, way to repetitive

Foxdemon2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Foxdemon2k

I would give it 4 and a half stars. Great game.

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By twenty0ne

It's ok -  it just gets too repetitive.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Clean

Nope It blows

Leone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47  Edited By Leone

I plan on writing up a review for this- it's on my "To-do" list, but I think Assassin's Creed had a lot of potential but was brought down by a few design flaws.

First off, this has already been said to death but, the game is repetitive. And I'm on the PC version- I almost dread the console versions knowing there is even less variety in them. Each city segment plays out almost identically, but on the flipside, I have a great time just wandering around exploring the cities because it is one of the few games out there that has successfully made a bustling, urban city that feels alive. And heck, if I ever get too annoyed at the game, I'll just flip out and stab some unlucky guard/citizen >.>

But, with the bustling environment, there's one other major flaw that hurt the game's image for me, and that's the AI- I wish the beggars and crazed citizens would pester other NPCs and not just you- it destroys the immersive qualities of the game when no matter where you go, you manage to be the target for every beggar, guard, thug and crazy person- if they wanted you to really feel anonymous, they should make it seem like you aren't specifically being targetted by everyone.

The story is alright but the general flow of things is predictable because the entertainment industry as a whole is enjoying a brief stint of picking on the templars (although, historically that isn't anything new).

It is a solid game, but has its drawbacks and, with some polish, I expect Assassin's Creed 2 to be quite an impressive game.

Rually

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Rually

It was pretty good of what I played of it. Plan to pick it up used in the near future.

RabbitKarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RabbitKarrot

That game was pretty repetitive towards the end, but insanely fun at the same time.

Plus, then ending has me way excited for a sequel.

SlayingShogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SlayingShogun

Repetitive is all i really have to say about it.