Desperados 3 sure looks a lot like Shadow Tactics

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By rorie

That's probably because it was made by the same people! I liked Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun a bunch, but I never did finish it because it seemed like it was getting more complicated than what I could deal with. But more of that style of game is always welcome, even if I don't think I ever played Desperados 1 or 2.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Relkin

As much as I want to like these games (Desperados, Commandos, etc), they always get too hard about halfway through the game. A bit disappointed that Shadow Tactics sounds like it does the same; I was looking forward to eventually playing that game.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Captain_Insano

Time to answer the age old question.

Is it possible to read the word "Desperado" without starting to sing The Eagles' classic song?

No.

It is not.

Also, I need to pick up Shadow Tactics in a sale or something. I think I could maybe get into it.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

This is getting me pretty excited. Shadow Tactics was the first of one of these types of games that I played and I ended up loving it, would highly recommend it to just about anybody honestly because though it does indeed end up getting more complicated as it goes on, it ends up being much more rewarding too. Would definitely be down to play more from these devs.

mcbisquick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

There is certainly a jump in complexity to some extent with Shadow Tactics, but I guess it didn't feel that bad to me because I was always very liberal with quicksaves on my first playthrough of any mission. Try things out, get an idea of how to get around, and take things one step at a time. Then I'd replay the missions for some of the challenges with a better knowledge of the map and the timings. It helped that I went into it with the thinking of, "Okay, I've never really played anything like this. And typically I suck at anything 'tactical'. So let's not worry about difficulty too much or spamming quickloads too often."

Don't know too much about Desperados as a series, but I just said in another thread how Shadow Tactics is probably my favorite take on stealth as far as gameplay goes. So I'm absolutely down for that dev doing another game in that style.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sure, why not? The western setting isn't my favourite for a game like this but I have faith this developer can pull it off and I hope it will be successful!

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played Desperados on Steam...we'll attempted too. For the longest time, it wasn't working properly, Need to try it again.

Memu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Memu

In addition to Commandos, check out Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood if you haven't. Also, I just noticed Desperados is on sale on Steam for 0.99 until 08/27. I actually have it on CD.

Edit: According to Steam comments Desparados has been recently updated to work on all modern OS.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@dudeglove: I've always been interested in it from a distance but with it being free w/ amazon/twitch prime, I'm excited to try it out, soon. Hopefully others are in the same boat because it really looks like an interesting game.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

@relkin: Comparing Commandos with Shadow Tactics i don't think ST got too hard and i finished it on as high difficulty as possible. The game has 3 difficulty settings so you should be good if you want to check it out sometime. For comparison's sake i've never finished a Commandos game. It's not so much that they got too hard it's more that they eventually start to play like a tight puzzle game that require some timing elements. It slows the action down to a crawl. though, that's also because i refuse to set off the alarm in each level.

I liked ST a lot so i'll be looking forward to Desperados 3. I do hope that they develop more unique skills for your characters though instead of just rehashing ST in a western setting but either way i can do with just playing more ST-like gamer. That said, looks like this game coming out will be a good excuse to try and play the Desperados series for the first time seeing as i've owned them on GOG for a long while.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@relkin: I'm with you. I love them, but I have literally never finished any of them.