Deus EX human revolution being developed by square enix? Pft...

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deusdigit

People are going to roll their eyes, keep their intellectual opinions secret or call me names. But the point i am going to make in this forum post is that i like video games that apply to a certain specific audience.  

As many of you, i loved deus ex. excellent video game, never really saw the flaws in it. the controls didn't bother me that much, it actually added to the tension. great compelling story and characters. excellent soundtrack, creepy and shockingly cool atmosphere. warren spector is a great in general. 

can't say i liked deus ex on the xbox as much as the original, mainly due in part to the unconvincing characters and number of bugs. the gameplay at times didn't feel tweaked or totally original. but it could be enjoyed to a degree. anyway enough of that. 

Really now, i am going to be brutally honest about this. I was not happy at all To see square enix involved in this video game. i have a feeling that they are going to put some type of silly twist of their own into the game it's self. i am not 100 percent sure if they are just publishers. but according to the wikipedia entry. they are a part of the development team and they are infact publishers.  

to see a video game series beloved as this one with collaboration with square enix really ruins it for me. squaresoft was a great company on their own and the same for enix. but ever sense they merged. i can't help but wonder that their presence somehow feels wrong in a western styled action/adventure first persion shooter. especially this one. Maybe it will be a positive thing or a negative one. we will see, because you can't judge a book by its cover. but it just shocks me  
and now this game will receive mainstream popularity, it won't conform to a specific audience anymore. since square enix is involved. i am just afraid. Is there anyone out there that seems the least bit worried that they are involved?

Arubiano420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Arubiano420

square enix is only making the CG sequences
nothing else, they have sad so many times now,

http://www.giantbomb.com/deus-ex-3/61-21358/square-enix-are-producing-the-cgi-cutscenes-for-deus-ex-3/35-273224/

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deusdigit
@Arubiano420 said:
" square enix is only making the CG sequences nothing else, they have sad so many times now,   http://www.giantbomb.com/deus-ex-3/61-21358/square-enix-are-producing-the-cgi-cutscenes-for-deus-ex-3/35-273224/ "
Well i haven't heard much about the game since it was announced. But i really appreciate your post based on this video game. Because i really didn't want them involved with any game play mechanics. i have no problems with them, just saying.
Arubiano420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Arubiano420

Most people were making fun of the fact that the pc will be a spiky haired girlboy with gunswords

They released a new CG trailer for the game at GDC and it looked pretty good

Avatar image for theogvandalvideo
TheOGVandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By TheOGVandalvideo

Word to the wise; producing is not the same as directing. Square is just throwing money at Deus Ex 3. GIven the production values of FF13 (VALUES PEOPLE), I'm totally fine with that.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Solh0und

Square bought out Edios....that's why just cause 2 is coming out with the S-E name

megasoum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By megasoum

Deus Ex 3 is not made by Square-Enix, it's being made by Eidos-Montréal. Since Square bought Eidos last year they are automaticaly publishing games developped by Eidos. Like TheOGVandalvideo said, S-E is financing and publishing the game, they have nothing to do with the actual content.

NegativeCreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NegativeCreep

If it's not as bad as Invisible War, I'll still love it.

bunnyboiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bunnyboiler
@Megasoum said:
" Deus Ex 3 is not made by Square-Enix, it's being made by Eidos-Montréal. Since Square bought Eidos last year they are automaticaly publishing games developped by Eidos. Like TheOGVandalvideo said, S-E is financing and publishing the game, they have nothing to do with the actual content. "
They can make changes to the content if they want though.
evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By evanbrau

The game apparently being pushed back due to the financial black hole created by the two failed Final Fantasy games of the last year makes me hate that series even more but I doubt Square will be going tampering with the game which looks extremely promising. The CG cut scenes they've shown in trailers look pretty cool too.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ryanwho

So you did like zero research before mouthing off, huh.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By shiftymagician

I thought it was a known quantity that Square Enix has little to do with this game's development cycle.  I guess there will always be a segment of the gaming public that will be unaware of these things.

Belmont_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Belmont_Shadow

Why the fuck would SE(a JPN RPG centric development group) make a western themed sci fi SP shooter? They are gonna publish it same with Arkham City.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Yeah I hate what they did with Just Cause 2. Damn Square Enix!