Did games increase your interest in real guns ?

• 71 results
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@Killjoi said:
" @Hamst3r:  That sounds like an interesting project. But don't you need a special license for an AK-47 or the Remington shotgun ? 

@Lind_L_Taylor: Are you preparing for a zombie apocalypse ? :p

@ZanzibarBreeze said:

Look at Haiti or the Katrina aftermath.  When the grid goes down, I want to be able to defend my stocked supply of food & water in my remote bunker safe from the starving, thirsting masses.  The prepared eat, the rest forage.

:-)
Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper

I wouldn't say that video games are the only reason I'm into guns. There's a bunch of reasons. For one I've always been into military, the other my grand father which whom I've spent much of my time growing up with was a hunter, and face it, what young boy doesn't find guns cool?

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By DragoonKain1687

Not really. Ive been surrounded by guns since I was young, in fact, I even fired a .44 when I was only 6 and did some disc shooting with only 10 years of age. 
Of course, always under supervision of my father, and in some cases (.44 for example) with his aid. 
Now, Ive never gone hunting or anything, mostly I like precision shooting at ranges. Currently though, Im more interested in Long Bow firing. Its more "elegant" in a way, but I have a Winchester 1892 resting on my beds side, though its always unloaded, and I doubt it will be loaded, considering that due to the uniqueness of its rounds, a box of 20 costs over 100 bucks, so, Thank you very much, maybe next time. 

Still, I go from time to time to the firing range. Though Im 22 now, so I have legal age. Still, when I was young, I did so in a private farm, which means it was still legal, at least by my countrys laws.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Not in the slightest. I think it's very lame when people obsess over guns.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By LiquidPrince

Nah, I was always interested in guns regardless.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nope, I liked target practice and hunting before I got into video games.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@TheGreatGuero said:

" Not in the slightest. I think it's very lame when people obsess over guns. "

It's better to have it & not need it than need it & not have it...as the cliche goes.
stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By stonyman65
@Rayfield:  Riggs! Cop killers! *throws gun to Mel Gibson*   lol.

That was a messed up movie, In fact, ALL of the Lethal Weapon movies are Anti-gun. There is no such thing as armor piercing bullets, there are bullets that are more capable of going through body armor, but there is no defined "cop killers" as they are called in the movies. Fucked up.    I have always had an interest in guns, but the movies that I remember really sparking that interest was Lethal Weapon 3, Die Hard and Demolition Man.  Not the aspect of shooting someone, but shooting the gun itself. Like the range scene in the first Lethal Weapon where Mel Gibson shoots the smiley face into the target.. I was like "whoa! I wanna do that!"   and thats what I do now.
Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#59  Edited By Belonpopo

My Dad was a fifteen year veteran of the Marine Corp when I was born so I brought up around guns

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Rayfield

I'M ONLY INTERESTED IN THESE 'GUNS'
I'M ONLY INTERESTED IN THESE 'GUNS'
vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#61  Edited By vager

I would like to shoot a gun one of these days but, I think thats just my common curiosity; I don't believe it had anything to do with games.
Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By Jambones
@Rayfield said:

" Hell no.  But it does accidentally educate me about gun types even thought I don't care to know. I dread the day that I'm stuck in a bank robbery and suddenly build up the courage to say DUDE JUST PUT THE HELLER KOCH MP5 ASSAULT RIFLE WITH THE ACOG SIGHT ON THE FLOOR AND LET THESE PEOPLE GO.  Answer A. made me laugh. Heh. Blat blat. "

Yes, exactly!

I find them mechanically interesting, and their use in games is fun and competitive; beyond that I have no desire to shoot a gun (or get shot at that matter).

I am apparently an enormous pacifist, lol.
shorthair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By shorthair

Certainly gave me an introduction to them, but my interest was increased due to my natural inquisitiveness. they make load noises and cool people in movies have them

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#64  Edited By EpicSteve

Videogames have made me severely disappointed by the real damage weapons like the .50 Cal, M240, Rocket Launcher, Grenade Launcher, and Frags do in real life.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By penguindust

Nope, and playing D&D as a teenager didn't make me sacrifice chickens to an unholy deity, either.  I have a firm grasp on the difference between fantasy and reality. 

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@PenguinDust said:
" Nope, and playing D&D as a teenager didn't make me sacrifice chickens to an unholy deity, either.  I have a firm grasp on the difference between fantasy and reality.  "
Interest should not be confounded with performing the actual action.
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I have fired a variety of real-life guns when I was younger (just shooting targets), but I have no interest in them, and really, unless I am killing people in a game with them, they bore the shit out of me.

Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By Giantsquirrel

Dude, FUCKING JAMES BOND increased my attraction to guns. 

TELL ME HOW THIS ISN'T SEXY
 TELL ME HOW THIS ISN'T SEXY

Also, I shot real guns (again, at paper targets) at a very young age.
Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Black_Raven

Kinda, I recently went to a war museum and it was cool seen all the old WWII machine guns and being able to recognise them from games.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#70  Edited By RobotHamster

Yea actually, I wish I could experience of firing an rpg for real, or the ryno, or a torque bow, man that would be fun.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#71  Edited By Hitchenson

Yeah, totally. I really like shooting people ever since I played my first videogame.