Did Giant Bomb Drop Video Resolutions for E3?

Dryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dryker

Has Giant Bomb dropped video resolutions for E3, or is the problem on my end? I pay for really, really good internet, so I hope it's not on my end. I thought it was just the live stream quality, but the individual trailers are also muddy.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I suspect they just can't get as good of a bit rate in the hotel compared to their studio set up.

Dryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe the trailers are posted elsewhere. I don't think their location would affect those.

Dryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully the video quality’s a little better today. Even the archive’s are muddy. It’s hard to appreciate better and better graphics (the typical main focus of hardware and software enhancement) when the resolution’s so low. I hope the loss of Net Neutrality isn’t a factor (still can’t believe they let that go). Though by saying that I probably just sound like a crazed conspiracy theorist.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

I don't know that it was resolution but it definitely looked interlaced. The video was vibrating/shimmering. There were a couple of GB West livestreams over the past few years that had this issue and I believe Jason managed to fix it. I tried to let Jan know during the stream but they're probably aware.

Dryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Problem solved. Thanks, duders!